Set static item selected style, when one of the dynamic items is selected

Hello,

I have a menu with some parent items in the static menu. Now I would like this parentItems to be gray, when I am on one of the childpages ( on of the items in the dynamicMenu ).

for example:

here (screenshot below ) I am on the "doelstelling"-page, which is a subitem of "Bedrijfsinfo". Now, I would like the be able to set a certain style to "Bedrijfsinfo" when a user is on the doelstelling page, or one of the other subpages.

Is this possible?

0
rabbit1986

Yes this is possible, however, you have to use the CSS Friendly menu. You can find it here - http://www.asp.net/CSSAdapters/Menu.aspx

I hope this helps, if it answers your question, don't forget to mark it as such for those who come afterwards.

Regards,

Gareth Chidgey
Managing Director
PushInternet Ltd
0
chidge
5/23/2008 1:03:28 PM

Thanks i will try that out

0
rabbit1986

How to display the more than one row with items and buttons in gridview control. when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in g
Hi,when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in gridview.Here i would like to change this way "when i click more than one category at same time. it should be display selected item and button."For example: if i have to select Fruits, Apples from categories.  it should be display like 1st "row have Fruits and In 2nd row have Apples and button" in gridview.the button have some event.How can i do it? Please can anyone answer me.With kind requestThanks your query is very raw..can u details it out...Pl...

Dynamic DropDownList Default Selected Item Does Not Select Default Item
I have some dynamic listbox code that creates a listbox based on information stored in a database. The database access works fine. The only issue is that when I use the lbNew.Items.FindByValue(...).Selected = True line, no default select is made. The listbox just defaults to the first item in the list.lbNew = New DropDownList ' Scans for the list source. ' If "values_table" returns the first character = '@', ' then a table is the datasource. strDataSourceTable = Nothing strDataSourceTable = objDataReader.Item("values_table") ' If there is a data list, display the item, else ig...

After selecting DropDownList Item, how to set DropDownList Item so that it corresponds to new selection.
Hi,  I'm having difficulty retaining DropDownList selected item so that it corresponds to the new page that is called when the item is selected. i.e DropDownList contains 4 Items Item1 Item2 Item3 Item4 Each item when selected is bound to a corresponding page. Item1.aspx Item2.aspx Item3.aspx Item4.aspx If the default page is Item1.aspx...if I select Item3 in the DropDownList, the page Navigates to the corresponding page - Item3.aspx.  I want the DropDownList to remain displaying Item3 and not the default Item.  Thank you. for master pag...

How to show higher level menu item selected when one of its submenu items selected?
I have a menu with a mix of static and dynamic items. I have the static item-only backcolor change when it is selected but I would also like the other static items backcolor to change when one of its submenus is selected. How to do this? Hi, Do you want to highlight the parent menuitems when the submenu is selected? You can try to refer this codeproject article: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/AspMenuParentHighlighting.aspx Hope it helps.Amanda WangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help...

Why is the select saying selected after an item is selected?
This was a whitelisting issue due to a software upgrade at hostgator..  Nothing wrong with my code..Scot King SEO Software Tool | Search Engine Optimization"Get your page rank high"  huh? It is smart to put your question in the body and not just in the title. Have no idea what your question is or if it even a question.Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn use thisddl.options[ddl.selectedIndex].selected = false; //Clear the selection ddl.options[1].selected = trueMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Sit...

Setting the Selected style property to a dynamic menu item
Hi, I have a navigation menu that is built dynamically and am using a set of images for each of the menu items (by setting their individual background properties in CSS). I have three images for each of the menu items (for normal, hover and selected states respectively). I am able to change the images for the items on hover, but the tricky part is applying the Seelcted Style on the items. So I need a way to figure out which item is currently Selected or has the focus and then give it a Selected Style property that will change the background image...

How to set & show default value in dropdownlist from databound items (I am not asking the static -----select---- kind of item)
Hi I am using these: ASP.Net 2.0, VB.Net, Visual Studio 2005,  SQL Server 2005, Formview controls In a ASP.Net form I have 20 textoxes and 20 dropdownlists(ddl). All ddl(s) are databound and get the data from a single objectdatasource. All textbox and ddl support null values. Textbox is for entering a number and ddl (databound) is for selecting the unit (mm, cm, in, m3, oz, qt like these.). I am using the below code to achieve two things.(For each textbox and ddl has the corresponding codes like below.)Allowing the selection of ddl item also if it is not selected too, a default unit ite...

dropdwon list - user must select an item other than -SELECT ONE-, before submitting the page
In my asp.net 2.0 page, I placed a dropdwon listthe list is filled from the datatabase in formload() event, and I added one more entry -SELECT ONE- This select one will be displayed when the page loads. Ok fine.I want the user to select an item other than -SELECT ONE-, before submitting the page,ex: list shows country names, user should select a country name. Which validator control is to be used for this, and how can i code this.any idea    hi use required field validator control On - Initial value of -Requiredfieldvalidator control has "--Select one--"that should...

How do I select item from DropDownList which contain only one item.
Hi guys,                   I have a two dropdownlist box in my Webform. If I select item from dropdownlist1 then, the items are added to the dropdownlist2 box according the values of dropdownlist box1. The problem is if i select the dropdownbox2 which contains only one item, it is not Autopostback. How do i solve the problem? Any one give me idea. I am newbie to C#. Thanks   Arun Insert a blank item into the DropDownListDropDownList.Items.Insert( 0, string.Empty ) Hi,In this case, the...

Setting DropDownList Selected Item from dbase SELECT
Hi! I've searched everywhere for the answer to this problem, but I can't seem to find the answer. I'm making an edit page for a user to edit their profile. One of the fields is a DropDownList containing a list of states (the states is populated from a database call to a lookup table). I want to match the state the user has in their profile to the appropriate state in the drop-down, and make that item selected. Unfortunately, I can't find any examples on how to do this. Also, since the drop-down control is within a repeater control (to populate the fields), it makes it even more diffi...

Selecting the items in a CheckBoxList control that are already selected
Simple problem here.  I’ve not used a CheckBoxList control in an ASP.NET application before (ASP.NET 3.5 in this case), and now I need to.  Databinding it to the source to populate the items of the list is easy.  However, selecting those items which are already stored in the database; I’m not sure how I can do that with databinding. So the question is, how do I databind the items in the CheckBoxList which reflect the items already selected in the database, in this case in a resolution table between the data items table and the lookup table, so that I get what’s in the res...

When someone selects an item in a dropdown, I want it to write the select item to a textbox
When someone selects an item in a dropdown, I want it to write the select item to a textbox I know how to do this: Protected Sub DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DropDownList1.SelectedIndexChanged Me.TXT_Client.Text = DropDownList1.SelectedItem.Text End Sub BUT... When I try to select an item, it takes a refresh before it actually shows up. Is there anyway to make it so it happens immidiately? I know this has something to do with postbacks, but I'm a noob =/ thanks! try this: page_load ...

Menu Item, Selected Item, and Site Map controls
Ok no code here, actually looking for some.  I've created a Menu and when I click on the link to go to another page, even if I set the Static and Dynamic Selected Item to another style (changing a color, whatever) it doesn't change.  Do I have to do this programmatically?  If so, can someone give me some sample code to use? Also I've noticed the SelectedItem works fine when I bind the menu to a Site Map, however I haven't been able to set up the Site Map to not have the first layer of navigation.  Example:  If you have a website that has a "Home...

How to have the datalist item to be selected by clicking an item of the datalist item?
I would like to to have a datalist item to be selected by clicking an item of  the data list item. I have tried the following code but no go. pls help me. Its urgent.if (e.Item.ItemIndex == -1) return;e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.oldClass = this.className; this.className = 'mouseOverStyleGridview1'"); e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.className = this.oldClass;");e.Item.Attributes.Add("onclick", Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(DataList1, "Select$" + e.Item.ItemIndex.ToString()))...

Web resources about - Set static item selected style, when one of the dynamic items is selected - asp.net.navigation-controls

Portal:Law/Nominate/Selected article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Add the article in to a subpage of this portal, such as Portal:Law/Selected article/# , replacing the "#" with the number above the current highest. ...

F8: Facebook’s FbStart Initiative Will Give Selected Developers A $30K Kick-Start
... successful applications is likely a whole lot easier with $30,000 in free tools and services to start off with, and that’s exactly what selected ...

LEGO Shop - The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner... - Facebook
The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner of the Co-Creation Challenge! LEGO will be producing a limited run of 20,000 of this stunning set.... ...

baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Selected Cheney Vice Presidential Photographs
... for photos found within these albums are Paul Morse, Karen Ballard, Kimberlee Hewitt, Shealah Craighead, and Chris Greenberg. These selected ...

[iOS Advice] How To Clarify Your Email Replies By Quoting Selected Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

Sait Faik Abasıyanık’s Selected Stories are tales that beguile all for their brevity
The influential Turkish writer's collection of short stories is often bizzare but never boring.

Animal of the Day: Lucius Has Been Selected as the U.K.’s ‘Happiest Cat’
He’s got one blue eye, one green eye and a heart of gold. British mobile phone company O2 recently held some “cat auditions” to find “the UK’s ...

Michael Sam becomes first openly gay player selected in an NFL Draft
Defensive end Michael Sam of the University of Missouri became the first openly gay player to be selected in a National Football League Draft ...

Refugee spinner selected for PM's XI
Fawad Ahmed has gone from asylum seeker to rubbing shoulders with Julia Gillard at The Lodge.