Rounded Corners

I am looking to create the effect shown in the image (http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4476/effectuc6.jpg) this is taken from www.asp.net. I was wondering if there is a specific technique to creating this rounded corner effect (e.g. a css class or server side ASP.Net component) or is this as simple as creating a gradient image with rounded corners and reusing throughout the site.

Many Thanks

Stuart

0
StuartFerguson

Here's a great tutorial on Rounded Corners with CSS and JavaScript

An excerpt:

"Rounded corners are one of the most frequently requested CSS techniques. As with many things in CSS, there are various ways in which this problem can be approached. In this article, I'll look at the pros and cons of some common techniques and introduce a new technique that utilises both CSS and JavaScript."

0
Adam

The ASP.NET AJAX Toolkit has a RoundedCorners extender which applies rounded corners to existing elements.

http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/RoundedCorners/RoundedCorners.aspx

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao

Rounded Corner Control
I was trying to use the rounded corner extender with panels. I have applied border to the panels. Whenever i use the extender with the panels the effect is there however it is not clearly visible as the border does not have the rounded corners. When i remove the border then the effect is clearly visible. Please help me using the rounded corner extender with the panels so that the border will have rounded corners.   Thanks and Regards, Geevika Hi Geevika  To troubleshoot this issue, we really need the source code to reproduce the problem, so that we can investigate the issue ...

Rounded Corner Web Control
Scott Mitchell has written an awesome web control which creates boxes with rounded corner. Scott where was this article 3 months ago when I needed it. :) http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/072804-1.aspx Chris Gastin SCJP 1.4, SCWCD J2EE http://www.chrisgastin.com/blog BLOG: The Trek of a Java Developer Learning .NET...

rounded corners control problem
Hi, I have tried this code: <%@ Page Language="C#" %><SCRIPT runat="server">           protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)        {            Image i = new Image();           Panel pl = new Panel();           PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(pl);           pl.Cont...

Rounding the corners on an Accordion Control
I was wondering if it was possible to round the corners of an accordion panel somehow. I tried the "easy" way of using a RoundedCornersExtender, but I got an "Invalid arguement" error message when I set the Accordion as the TargetControlID.  I don't know CSS very well, but that would seem the logical place to try next (?). I would appreciate any comments if anyone has ideas.  Thank you! Hi,I think you can wrap all elements in a normal Panel, then place the Panel inside the accordion panel. And you'll be able to set this panel as the target of the ext...

round corner panel control
Based on www.msn.com website, we can see the round corner panel with gradient fill. We see also some site use a round corner rectangular box to group their contents. So, I am searching a round corner panel or table or smart container (call it whatever you want) control which render dynamically based on property or corner size, color, fill/gradient, width...) which can be used to develop asp.net web pages (for asp.net 2.0 is even better) I read from ComponentOne, Infragistics, telerik, sharpUi.net. It seems like they are for winforms only. (do you know how to make winform control ...

How to use Rounded Corners with controls?
This probably really simple but how should I apply rounded corners to a control? It looks like I have to use a panel, slightly larger than and the same background color as the control. But I cannot figure out how to center them both together so they scale correctly - even using a table will not center them together. Do I just absolutely position both - so it works most of the time?   Thanks   Bill That shouldn't be necessary - please reply with a complete, simple, self-contained sample page that demonstrates the problem so that we can investigate the specific behavior you'...

Problems with Rounded Corner control :-(
Component in question: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/072804-1.aspx Was giving this control a go around, and in my project (ASP 2.0 personal website starter kit, running locally on built in web server) the images needed generate to the defined directory (i have the images going to "/images/rounded/", but the web browser is unable to show them... if i try to view the image directly in the web browser by pointing it right to the image, i get "Error 400 Bad Request", so I know the browser knows the image is there (otherwise would have gotten a 404 not found, and in fact if...

.NET Navigation (user controls)
Hello, I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum, but I hope someone can help. I am looking to develop a menu system, similar to the menus at: http://www.aspmenu.net/Demos/default.aspx Does anyone know where I would be able to find a good tutorial explaining the process? Thank you in advance! Tim Hi I was able to find the following resources for you: Create a Simple, Cross-Browser, Dropdown Menu User Control with C# http://www.devarticles.com/art/1/237/2 An ASP.NET Xml Custom Dropdown Menu UserControl http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/2003...

The increase of the control size from the rounded corners
 I read that the AJAX rounded corners control will increase the overall height of the control.  I am assuming that this is because of the new stuff it adds.  I want to know how much these rounded corners will effect the control's size.  If I apply rounded corners with a radius of 5 to a <div> that is 200pix * 200 pix; will the new size of the <div> be 210 * 210?  This is if the rounded corners are applied to all corners.  I am trying to figure out how this will effect my layout.  Side note:  Should I only use relative positioning with t...

Rounded Corners Extender for Menu Control
Has anyone used the Rounded Corners Extender for the menu control? I tried to apply it and the menu control disappears on the webform at runtime. Does it only work with Panel? Hi Archanand, As far as I know, currently it is not achievable.  However, you can put your controls inside a Panel and tie this Panel to RoundedCornersExtender. Best regards, JonathanJonathan ShenMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Hi, I have the same problem of a dissapearing menu after adding the RoundedCor...

Setting Focus + Rounded Corner Control on page
Morning All, Bit of a strange problem,  I have a page which has a user control which contains a text box where the focus needs to be set on page load and after every postback,   in the pre render of the user control I have the following line of code.  ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page).SetFocus(Me.txtScan)   Everything was working fine until I installed rounded corner controls on the page, now the focus is not set on page load, it is however being set on subsequent post backs?  Any ideas?  Thanks Tom Hi Tom, As we know, RoundedCornerExtender wil...

Dropdown control with Rounded Corners & Gradient
Is it possible to create a Drop down server control with Rounded Corners and Gradient in it ? I have tired putting some CSS but the Rounded corners and gradient is not coming, would appreciate if anyone knows how to make them. A fundamental rule in technology says whatever can be done will be done In Ajax Control Toolkit you have Rounded Corners. try thatRegardsNicsam[!!!!!!!Hopes this helps you!!!!!!!] You could create a control to do this - you would need 1. A textbox, read only with no border2. a div with curved edges (can use the asp.net control toolit for this)3. A button...

yahoo style site navigation control for .net
Hi, Any pointers to articles or advice on setting up site navigation using vb.net? I want something like Yahoo or the Asp.net forums style links on the top of his page (e.g. Home -> Finance). All I can find on the search engines is some article on "yahoo style" site navigation which was implemented in regular (old) asp, and all the articles I see on this site refer to 'site map path' and other classes in the upcoming whidbey .net release. One of the constraints is that I have heavily customized IBS Store with lots of dynamically generated content...so I need a site nav...

rounded table corners using VS.NET
Hey all, Finally got myself a copy of VS.NET 2003! My question is, is there a control for making tables with rounded corners. I know this is a basic question so basic answers are welcome. I obviously know how to do it manually but FP2003 has a function to do this so VS.NET must as well. I hope :) Thanks all, R.C Minneapolis, MN For an ASP.NET page? You can through images; I've seen it done, but I can't remember where I found that example. Basically it created a custom control that rendered a set of images with the table to make the corners appear rounded. To my knowledge...

rounded corners
hey all, i'm using the roundedCornersExtender inside a formview item template on a Panel1 box. but it's not working, i'm not getting an error message or anything. is this even possible then?  thanks, rodchar...

Web resources about - Rounded Corners - asp.net.navigation-controls

Close back rounded vowel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... follows this. However, a large number of linguists, perhaps a majority, prefer the terms "high" and "low". In most languages this rounded vowel ...

Circle Of Moms Makes Child Space Pages Even More Well-Rounded
There’s a new addition to the Circle of Moms — the popular Facebook application is offering new features to its Child Spaces pages. The site ...

New website to offer more rounded views of Dubai - The National
A new website promises to offer people a completely different view of one of the most famous cities in the world.

Shock me, a tennis player is not a well-rounded individual
Australia loves to play a game with its male tennis players called &quot;Compare Them to Pat Rafter&quot;. Problem is good guys like Rafter are ...

Bo Xilai supporters rounded up in advance of trial
China has arrested supporters and opponents of Bo Xilai before the fallen politician enters the dock for the country's biggest political trial ...

China stockmarket: Journalists, traders, officials rounded up in wake of 'panic and disorder'
Chinese state media announced a slew of confessions on Monday following investigations into recent stock market gyrations.

Women make church more rounded
God, says my favourite theologian Hans Urs Von Balthasar, is the point at which truth, beauty and justice merge. I like that, very much.

Will Apple also update the next iPads with rounded edges?
... iPhone 6 . The existing design, top, has the familiar flat front and tapered, chamfered edge. The bottom one, Hajek’s concept, has the rounded ...

Samsung Hinges Its Defense in Apple Case on Rectangles and Rounded Corners
... ultimately decide the case. In essence, Samsung argues that a lot of the iPhone’s design — and several of its design patents — amount to rounded ...