Replace content page or user control without refreshing page.

I want to do something like this.

I have many content pages, they have a common header, menu and each have their own submenu.

when I choose one item from the menu. the according content is being shown.

I have been searching for days now, if anyone has any suggestion, please tell me.

The best case is putting the header and menu in a master page and content pages in their own .aspx

I am told that this may not be possible, so I am considering other solution.

I am trying a master page with header and an empty content page.

putting contents in different user control (.ascx)

and when I choose item from the menu, different user control is added to the content page.

but I don't know how to do this yet.

0
maxi_ng

Master pages are designed for this, to store the common content for all pages. If you go this route you need to stop thinking about loading content; each page is a page (which uses the master page and therefore gets the common content) and you navigate between pages, each being loaded as thy are navigated to. Each page can have it's own navigation if needed.

You can also go the loading controls route. You can use Page.LoadControl to load a user control and add it to the page. For example:

On the page:

<asp:PlaceHolder ID="MyContent" runat="server" />

In code:

Dim ctl As Control = Page.LoadControl("MyControl.ascx")
MyContent.Controls.Clear()
MyContent.Controls.Add(ctl)

This clears the controls from the place holder and adds the newly loaded control. The only problem with this approach is that you'll have a single URL and bookmarking is a problem.

0
Dave
9/24/2008 7:55:13 AM

Thanks for your reply, I am taking the load control route.Wink

0
maxi_ng

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

Need to access a Label Control on the Master Page from a user control attached to a content page
Hello all, I have a master page (say  site.master)  with a status Label in it. I have a content page ( say content.aspx)  that has a user control (say usercontrol.ascx). One of the Button Click Events in the usercontrol.ascx needs to pass on some text onto the status label on the masterpage(LabelStatusMsg) and display it. I have been able to do this directly off a content page (content.aspx) by using the following code (VB)  on the master page <%@ MasterType virtualpath="~/site.master" %> and Dim mpLabel As Label = CType(Master.FindControl("LabelStatusMsg"),...

How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control}
I have a register my scriptmanager and place the update panel around contenttempalte for my pages int the master page. Now in one of my pages i am adding some user controls dynamically. In two of my user user controls I have FileUpload control which will not work under partial post back. So I want's full postback for them How could I do that {Provided that i am on the user control,which is inside the page ,and page have the contenttemplat...

Control of the page and the controls on a page
I am building a web app that has some pages that are public and some that are only available based on subscription. Could someone explain the best way (infrastructure wise) how to control whether a server control is visible or enabledand how to control whether a page is viewable or not based on the user and whether or not the user is logged in (or not). If a user is not logged in I would like some controls to be visible but disabled. I also have to control the URL's in case a person learnsthe URL and tries to type it in. My question is more towards how to do this database wise. I am u...

how to pass ddl1.selectedvalue from a content page to a User Control page ( ascx page)
 Hi All,I have a DropDownList in a content page. i would like to access its selectedvalue my user control page. the below is DDL<asp:dropdownlist id="ddl1" runat="server" autopostback="true">            <asp:listitem value="6" >6</asp:listitem>            <asp:listitem value="12" >12</asp:listitem>            <asp:listitem value="24"...

Using controls from pages, master pages, and user controls
How would I structure my site in this scenario: I'd like to use a dropdownlist all over my site, sometimes in a regular page, sometimes in a master page, and sometimes in a user control.  I wish to bind its events programmatically, so normally I would just put that in the codebehind.  However, I notice a lot of code duplication because I have to declare the control in everywhere, in my base page (which all my pages inherit from), in my base master page (which all my master pages inherit from) and in my base user control (which all my user controls inherit from).How should I be...

i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?
i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?  There are a number of ways storing values. Check out: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspxhttp://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Hi, Welcome to asp.net forums. Now as far as your requirements goes, the first thing that strikes me is that 100 controls are way too many to kee...

Master Page , User Control,Content page
 Hi friend ,I have user control at master page, I want to access it's property using content page I have done code but getting problem in deployment.((ASP.usercontrols_travel_hotel_directory_ascx)Master.FindControl("ucHotel_Directory")).Visible = false;  But I am getting following error in deployment project Error    137    The type or namespace name 'usercontrols_travel_animation_ascx' does not exist in the namespace 'ASP' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    d:\By Shakti5385\EternalMewar\Eterna...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

How to access page control (editor control) from user control?
Hi, I want to do something, but I don't know if it's even possible. I'm trying to make a simple application to edit my website. I have a page called editPage.aspx which contains an editor control. (cuteEditor from cutesoft) I also have a Treeview that dynamically populates my website structure. I placed this treeview in a custom control (populateTreeView.ascx) and placed it on the editPage.aspx page. When you click on a html file in the treeview (inside the custom control) I check if the file exists. If it does exists I send it to a class which retrieves the editable region within this ...

Web resources about - Replace content page or user control without refreshing page. - asp.net.navigation-controls

Moke (墨客) — A Refreshing Weibo Client (刷新你的微博体验) for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store ...
Get Moke (墨客) — A Refreshing Weibo Client (刷新你的微博体验) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

NSW election: Leaders' conduct makes a refreshing change
One of the most encouraging things to come out of Saturday night was Luke Foley's apparent willingness to join Mike Bard in lifting political ...

Socceroos certain also-rans: how refreshing
Australia is the 62nd-ranked soccer country in the world. In the other team sports dearest to Australians' hearts, there are not even 62 countries ...

WAG culture: Mirka Federer made a refreshing change
It really shouldn't be headline news, not in 2014, but so faultlessly has Mirka Federer conducted herself in the five years she has been married ...

Refreshing taste of diplomacy
The Scandinavians are heading south.

Refreshing way to brew a sector newbie
Nexba: refreshing way to brew an iced tea sector newbie

Justin Trudeau's Abortion Tweet About Women Is Pretty Refreshing
At a time when it can feel like women's rights are being determined by people who aren't, frankly, affected by them, one Canadian politician ...

Tea's refreshing change
Li Jiayi and her friends are happy to spend 1,000 yuan between them over a pot of tea.

This ‘Refreshing’ Document Review Job Ad Is Actually Just Annoying And Unprofessional
Does this company want document review attorneys or “camp counselors?” Continue reading » Follow Above the Law on Twitter or become a fan on ...

Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing
... that’s enough to suspect it’ll get passed around the office by basketball lovers. The post Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing ...