Refresh Master Page from Content page

Folks,

I have a Master page with Content page, In the content page,  i have a button, when i clcik on the button the Master page has to referesh. Do you guys have any idea or come across this scenario.Please let me know.

IF you need further information i will give example

Thanks

kamesh

0
kamesh_asp

 I don't know the problem exactly ,

But you can easily do that by calling Server.Transfer(Request.RawUrl) in the button click event handler.

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
10/31/2008 12:29:04 PM

I will tell you the scnario,

 I have a content page, where the user will have Roles to assign to himself. As soon as he assigned to different role the menus should be refreshed accordingly, in that case the master page has to be refreshed, since because the menus are available there. i have tried with Server.Transfer and Response.Redirect

It was not helping me...

0
kamesh_asp
10/31/2008 12:49:14 PM

It looks like what you need to do is actually dynamically assign a different master page based on the button click.  This would allow you to display different menus in the master page.  However I have found that if you need to change menus dynamically it actually works better to include them on the content page instead of the master page.  This may be counterintuitive but it appears that MS designed master pages as an almost static representation of what every content page on the site would expect to see.

William D Howell Sr

William D Howell Sr
0
wdhowellsr