Refresh a content page without refreshing master page #2

I am developing a website using ajax+Masterpage concept .In my master page ,i have menu controls .The problem is

when i click a menu control i want refresh only content page,not total page.

So many people said you cant do it.But one day i saw a website  i.e http://www.codegod.de/WebAppCodeGod/Main.aspx

How it is possible friends,

Please tell me .

Thanks in advance.

Shivakmar Dagam
0
dagamshiva

Putting your content inside an iframe is probably the best way to do that.  Overusing the UpdatePanel for site navigation (as in that example you linked) is generally a mess to work with and maintain.

Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.

Latest article: How I handle JSON dates returned by ASP.NET AJAX
0
gt1329a
2/11/2008 4:53:41 PM

 This very scenario has been asked before and the response is always the same. A Master Page is at its most basic level a template. Each page exists independently so you really couldn't use the UpdatePanel to do what you want since the MasterPage is not really a page. Default.aspx is a page, Contact.aspx is a page and they USE the MasterPage as their template. Each of the pages USING the MasterPage HAS to be loaded separately.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."
0
DarthSwian
2/11/2008 8:37:02 PM

LOL i just posted a very similar thread wanting to know how to do what you ask,  im gonna keep on cheking if someone responds to your thread or mine, hope we get some nice input from this. The transition effect in the site you linked is pretty nice.

Emmanuel Medina
Software Developer

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." - Henry Ford
0
medivhk3

This question has been discussed on this forum.

Please refer this thread: http://forums.asp.net/t/1210110.aspx.

Hope it helps.

Amanda Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Amanda

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page
Hi, I am creating website.In that web site i am using ajax with master page. i have menu button in master page. When i click a menu item ,it will redirect to another page. How can i refresh only content page when i click the menu item( i tried updatepanel placing in master page ,but it is not working). Please ANy body help me, Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam you may get some help at ASP.NET AJAX > The UpdatePanel Control > Using the UpdatePanel Control with Master Pages Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’...

Replace content page or user control without refreshing page.
I want to do something like this. I have many content pages, they have a common header, menu and each have their own submenu. when I choose one item from the menu. the according content is being shown.   I have been searching for days now, if anyone has any suggestion, please tell me.   The best case is putting the header and menu in a master page and content pages in their own .aspx I am told that this may not be possible, so I am considering other solution. I am trying a master page with header and an empty content page. putting contents in different user control (.ascx)...

Show Different content pages based on selction in master page without refreshing
Hi All, I have a master page which hold a tab consisting of 10 different tab items, where each tab items data should be shown in each content page.. I know that using update panel we could avoid postbacking of a control, but i need to move from one content page to another, without refreshing the whole page, how could i do it ? Please help me, Its very urgent Thanks in advance,  rprinfo  What about using another approach , what about MultiView control inside your UpdatePanelhttp://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/multiview.aspx  Hosam Kamel ...

Refresh Master Page from Content page
Folks, I have a Master page with Content page, In the content page,  i have a button, when i clcik on the button the Master page has to referesh. Do you guys have any idea or come across this scenario.Please let me know. IF you need further information i will give example   Thanks kamesh     I don't know the problem exactly ,But you can easily do that by calling Server.Transfer(Request.RawUrl) in the button click event handler.Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on t...

Refresh master page from content page only once
 Hi,     I have created one Website with master and content page.In Master page i have tree view which fill with the employee name.i want that when i click the save button of content page the new saved entry is display in the tree view along with the previous entry if tree view.Please Any body help me, Thanks in advance. Hi hiral shah , Every time you save information from content page, the master page will reload, so the treeview must display the latest ...

Navigation between pages without refreshing entire page.
Hi    How can i do page navigation without out getting any refresh on web page, Like Nikhil Kothari's Weblog   www.nikhilk.net/ .   is there any  atlas control to do that ? or How is it possible to enable this ? Regards, Gopinath, gopinathnet@gmail.com   That's not AJAX.  It's just a fancy way of transitioning a page.  You can google for "web page transition" or check out the following page for some samples: http://www.hypergurl.com/transition.html...

Master page should not be refresh while changing content page
Hi I am using asp 2.0 for my application..i used master page..I want something like frame..on left side i have menu link..whenever i click on left menu right side i want page ..but in my case whole master page is refreshing.. I want without refresh whole page ....only content page should be change...When i click on left side panel..right side content should be change..just like frame.... Please help me .. Thanks a lot.....Sejal Patel Hi, you could use an ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel control. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark ...

master page refresh without page not reload
hi,i have 3 files (master page , default.aspx and myjs.js)default.aspx is created by master pagei create myjs.js when i click button(i connect to db and create js file by filestream)myjs.js in master page filebut i can't access new js file if i dont refresh master page(master page's read old js file) how can i do ?  i did that's;  button1_clickFileStream Dsym = new FileStream(TamY, FileMode.OpenOrCreate, FileAccess.Write); StreamWriter SW = new StreamWriter(Dsym, System.Text.Encoding.Default); SW.WriteLine("var image_set = [");string Satir...

Refreshing the Master page Menu from content page
Hi,       I'm having menu control on the master page, and after button click from the content page I want to refresh the master page control.  after button click the master page menu control is refreshing but, changes not reflected in the menu control.The changes are reflected when user refresh the page.Thanks  As per I can guess, you are performing some operation (may be Menu Item Editing) on button click event. After button click, the page is not being refreshed, it's just the PostBack. So, the masterpage menuitems won't change as the button cli...

refresh only content page, master page remain as it is
in my website ,there is one master page and many links, of other pages, comes in content page.now when user click on any link , i want that  only content page get refresh, not whole page.(master page doesnot get refresh).i am new to ajax, how can i achive this.thank you. VISHAL PAREKH  Master pages aren't like frames because they are basically a template for your pages.  Whenever the content template changes, you are on another page.  The only way around this is using iFrames or making all your content pages into user controls and have one aspx page that change...

auto-refresh pages no longer refresh to the spot on the page before the refresh
Name: John J. Gilroy Email: jjgilroyathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: auto-refresh pages no longer refresh to the spot on the page before the refresh Comments: Using Yahoo scoreboards as an example, before the last upgrade, Firefox would refresh a page and return you to the location of the page you were at before the refresh. Now it does not. Is this a browser thing or a page thing?? because it thought it was cool that Firefox was the only browser that did that. Thanks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/2007030...

Web resources about - Refresh a content page without refreshing master page #2 - asp.net.navigation-controls

Moke (墨客) — A Refreshing Weibo Client (刷新你的微博体验) for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store ...
Get Moke (墨客) — A Refreshing Weibo Client (刷新你的微博体验) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

NSW election: Leaders' conduct makes a refreshing change
One of the most encouraging things to come out of Saturday night was Luke Foley's apparent willingness to join Mike Bard in lifting political ...

Socceroos certain also-rans: how refreshing
Australia is the 62nd-ranked soccer country in the world. In the other team sports dearest to Australians' hearts, there are not even 62 countries ...

WAG culture: Mirka Federer made a refreshing change
It really shouldn't be headline news, not in 2014, but so faultlessly has Mirka Federer conducted herself in the five years she has been married ...

Refreshing taste of diplomacy
The Scandinavians are heading south.

Refreshing way to brew a sector newbie
Nexba: refreshing way to brew an iced tea sector newbie

Justin Trudeau's Abortion Tweet About Women Is Pretty Refreshing
At a time when it can feel like women's rights are being determined by people who aren't, frankly, affected by them, one Canadian politician ...

Tea's refreshing change
Li Jiayi and her friends are happy to spend 1,000 yuan between them over a pot of tea.

This ‘Refreshing’ Document Review Job Ad Is Actually Just Annoying And Unprofessional
Does this company want document review attorneys or “camp counselors?” Continue reading » Follow Above the Law on Twitter or become a fan on ...

Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing
... that’s enough to suspect it’ll get passed around the office by basketball lovers. The post Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing ...