Refresh a content page without refreshing master page

Hi,

I am creating website.In that web site i am using ajax with master page. i have menu button in master page. When i click a menu item ,it will redirect to another page. How can i refresh only content page when i click the menu item( i tried updatepanel placing in master page ,but it is not working).

Please ANy body help me,

Thanks in advance.

Shivakmar Dagam
5
dagamshiva

you may get some help at

ASP.NET AJAX > The UpdatePanel Control > Using the UpdatePanel Control with Master Pages

Thanx,
[KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP

"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"

This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
0
kaushalparik27

Base on your description, you want to prevent the whole page postback when you click on the menuitem to direct to a new content page?

As you said, your menu control is on the master page. In fact, you can not implement the page no-refresh when you re-load the content page.

Because the master page class derives from the UserControl class. When the application is executing, the master page just like  another child control. So you can say the master page is not a true page.

And, when the page loads, you can notice the navigationURL of the Browser address bar  is the content page's, but not the master page's.

So I would suggest you use iframe instead of the master page to implement no-postback when you click on the menuitem.

The more about how the master page works, you can read this link: http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx

Hope it helps.

Amanda Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Amanda
1/28/2008 5:59:55 AM

try to use BlendTrans just like FireFox do

put this code on <HEAD> tag in the masterpage

i hope have helped...

-6
rodrigo_biagi
2/20/2008 3:41:59 PM

this is working fine. thanks

Thanks & Regards
Sanjay.
1
kumarm_ttu

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page #2
I am developing a website using ajax+Masterpage concept .In my master page ,i have menu controls .The problem is when i click a menu control i want refresh only content page,not total page. So many people said you cant do it.But one day i saw a website  i.e http://www.codegod.de/WebAppCodeGod/Main.aspx How it is possible friends, Please tell me . Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam Putting your content inside an iframe is probably the best way to do that.  Overusing the UpdatePanel for site navigation (as in that example you linked) is generally a mess to work with and ma...

Replace content page or user control without refreshing page.
I want to do something like this. I have many content pages, they have a common header, menu and each have their own submenu. when I choose one item from the menu. the according content is being shown.   I have been searching for days now, if anyone has any suggestion, please tell me.   The best case is putting the header and menu in a master page and content pages in their own .aspx I am told that this may not be possible, so I am considering other solution. I am trying a master page with header and an empty content page. putting contents in different user control (.ascx)...

Show Different content pages based on selction in master page without refreshing
Hi All, I have a master page which hold a tab consisting of 10 different tab items, where each tab items data should be shown in each content page.. I know that using update panel we could avoid postbacking of a control, but i need to move from one content page to another, without refreshing the whole page, how could i do it ? Please help me, Its very urgent Thanks in advance,  rprinfo  What about using another approach , what about MultiView control inside your UpdatePanelhttp://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/multiview.aspx  Hosam Kamel ...

Refresh master page from content page only once
 Hi,     I have created one Website with master and content page.In Master page i have tree view which fill with the employee name.i want that when i click the save button of content page the new saved entry is display in the tree view along with the previous entry if tree view.Please Any body help me, Thanks in advance. Hi hiral shah , Every time you save information from content page, the master page will reload, so the treeview must display the latest ...

Refresh Master Page from Content page
Folks, I have a Master page with Content page, In the content page,  i have a button, when i clcik on the button the Master page has to referesh. Do you guys have any idea or come across this scenario.Please let me know. IF you need further information i will give example   Thanks kamesh     I don't know the problem exactly ,But you can easily do that by calling Server.Transfer(Request.RawUrl) in the button click event handler.Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on t...

Refreshing the Master page Menu from content page
Hi,       I'm having menu control on the master page, and after button click from the content page I want to refresh the master page control.  after button click the master page menu control is refreshing but, changes not reflected in the menu control.The changes are reflected when user refresh the page.Thanks  As per I can guess, you are performing some operation (may be Menu Item Editing) on button click event. After button click, the page is not being refreshed, it's just the PostBack. So, the masterpage menuitems won't change as the button cli...

Navigation between pages without refreshing entire page.
Hi    How can i do page navigation without out getting any refresh on web page, Like Nikhil Kothari's Weblog   www.nikhilk.net/ .   is there any  atlas control to do that ? or How is it possible to enable this ? Regards, Gopinath, gopinathnet@gmail.com   That's not AJAX.  It's just a fancy way of transitioning a page.  You can google for "web page transition" or check out the following page for some samples: http://www.hypergurl.com/transition.html...

refresh only content page, master page remain as it is
in my website ,there is one master page and many links, of other pages, comes in content page.now when user click on any link , i want that  only content page get refresh, not whole page.(master page doesnot get refresh).i am new to ajax, how can i achive this.thank you. VISHAL PAREKH  Master pages aren't like frames because they are basically a template for your pages.  Whenever the content template changes, you are on another page.  The only way around this is using iFrames or making all your content pages into user controls and have one aspx page that change...

master page refresh without page not reload
hi,i have 3 files (master page , default.aspx and myjs.js)default.aspx is created by master pagei create myjs.js when i click button(i connect to db and create js file by filestream)myjs.js in master page filebut i can't access new js file if i dont refresh master page(master page's read old js file) how can i do ?  i did that's;  button1_clickFileStream Dsym = new FileStream(TamY, FileMode.OpenOrCreate, FileAccess.Write); StreamWriter SW = new StreamWriter(Dsym, System.Text.Encoding.Default); SW.WriteLine("var image_set = [");string Satir...

Master page should not be refresh while changing content page
Hi I am using asp 2.0 for my application..i used master page..I want something like frame..on left side i have menu link..whenever i click on left menu right side i want page ..but in my case whole master page is refreshing.. I want without refresh whole page ....only content page should be change...When i click on left side panel..right side content should be change..just like frame.... Please help me .. Thanks a lot.....Sejal Patel Hi, you could use an ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel control. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark ...

auto-refresh pages no longer refresh to the spot on the page before the refresh
Name: John J. Gilroy Email: jjgilroyathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: auto-refresh pages no longer refresh to the spot on the page before the refresh Comments: Using Yahoo scoreboards as an example, before the last upgrade, Firefox would refresh a page and return you to the location of the page you were at before the refresh. Now it does not. Is this a browser thing or a page thing?? because it thought it was cool that Firefox was the only browser that did that. Thanks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/2007030...