Menu control is displaying behind Gridview control

I have placed a menu control just above the gridview control but when i click the menu control it displaysome of the menu options and rest of the menu options display behind the gridview.Is there anyway any option which make the menu to display over gridview.
Kirun

Typically the ZIndex will control that:

http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_pos_z-index.asp

David Kiff
http://DavidKiff.co.uk

DavidKiff

The menu control is out of my control
Here's my situation, I've been searching for about 2 weeks to try to do this without any luck. My limited knowledge of ASP doesn't help but I should have found an answer by now because it seems so simple. So here it is. I'm using the menu control and the CSS Friendly Control Adapters 2.0 to make it a bit easier to apply CSS to. ShowStartingNode is set to false because I want to see the whole menu. I have the menu just how I want it. Now, I want to be able to hide certain nodes in the menu. Not so users cant access them (some people have suggested using access control but this...

How do you control the menu control?
I am using the ASP 2.0 menu control.  When my submenus display, they display on top of the text that is already there from the content page.  The result is an unreadable mixture of text from both the page and the submenu.  Is there a way to force the submenu text to be on top of the content page's text without showing the content page text?  I don't see a property that can do this.  Thanks. The pop out panels should not be transparent and they should appear on top of the content page (unless the z-index of your controls are greater than 1). Please could you pr...

Controlling which part of a Menu control is displayed
My web application uses a custom site map provider built from an SQL database. I want to display the children of the root node horizontally across the top of each page and only the selected child of the root node down the left hand side of the page. How do I get inside the Menu control code to be able to do this? Thanking you in anticipation. Roger I have done something similar with two sitemapdatasources and two menu controls.  This is my tester code, the StaticDisplayLevels and MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels is what makes sure the first menu only shows the top level navigation. <...

Custom Control within a Control Control

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

Problem with Menu Control displaying children in a custom control
Hi, I'm trying to create a custom control that contains a Menu Control. I've got everything working but when I display the control, none of the childen MenuItems will drop down when you hover over the parent. There are no visible errors that I can see. When I view the source I can see that the child elements did get loaded in there, but it's like the javascript it's using to display the dropdowns is not getting fired. But there are no javascript errors that I can see. This is my first custom control so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.  I did create a user control using the same...

Menu control and Find Control
hi i have fetching problem with find control. i take menu control in that i have adding static item template,the template contain two control so how  to find that control pls help me Thx.  I'm not sure what your problem is. Perhaps you could provide an example with some source code?Here's a great link related to finding controls: In Search Of ASP.Net Controls Firstly the names of the controls will have changed if they are inside a tempalte to something like Menu1_ctl00_Textbox1, now you first need a reference to the template, one way is to just reference the controls por...

Gridview control embedded in another gridview control
I am writing an ambulance crew scheduling application on the web and I need some help completing the last part.  I have an access database that has three tables: user table, shift table (describing the shifts available), and a schedule table (that stores shift by shift_id and user by user_id).  I have a gridview control that will display the available shifts but I cannot get the embedded gridview control that will display the user that is signed up for each shift to display because I cannot figure out how to use the OnRowDataBound method.  I need a simple VB example of how to...

Menu control and Image control
Hi I've recently been building a website using asp.net 2005, I added a menu along the top of the web page, and a logo image just below the menu. The problem is when the mouse cross over the menu, the parent menu populates its sub menu, but the sub menu droping down behind the image, so that I couldn't click the sub menu, I reckon that there might be a component layer management technique should be used for this situation. Anyone can help me out? I also tried to set the value of z-index, but it only works on the main menu item, all submenuitem still hiding behind the image. a...

Validation controls displayed over other controls
Does anyone know of away to display a validation control on top of a dropdownlist? Or any other ideas on how to display an error message on top of a dropdownlist. I'm a novice at this so please don't get too deep in programming. Hi, first of all, most people are used to see validation controls, being it either in a web application or a winforms application, right of the control that needs attention. Being said that you could use the z-index of CSS to display a <span> or <div> tag above your control and put the validation control inside that html tag that you display above y...

SqlDataSource Control and Gridview control
Hi, I'm new to web development and learning about these controls.  The books teach you to bind the gridview control to an sqldatasource to perform delete,update,insert functions as well as to list the records in a table.  Is this standard practice for real world applications?  Or is there another way that should be used to display/manage table data in the gridview control? Thanks. Tulsi Using a sqldatasource is the best way I know of for binding data to a gridview.  (I'm pretty new to web development too, so maybe someone else can chime in if they know someth...

Menu control holding other controls
Is it possible for a Menu control to contain other controls? I'm curious because I need to hold a LoginStatus control in a menu. Technically, Technically, according to the QuickStarts, the Menu control does have a 'controls' property (ControlCollection),  However I don't see it in the Properties window at all.  Even Still - &nbsp;and it's just in my opinion, that would not be a good design.What are your thoughts on why you'd want to do something like this?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Be...

Web resources about - Menu control is displaying behind Gridview control - asp.net.navigation-controls

List of birds displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This list includes birds for which there is documented evidence of homosexual or transgender behavior of one or more of the following kinds: ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

Displaying calorie labels at fast-food restaurants doesn't appear to work: study
While the high calorie counts of artery-clogging fast foods are often printed right in front of our eyes, most people ignore them and go ahead ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Google begins displaying “Listen Now” ads for streaming music services (including Beats) in search results ...
... , Streaming Music Continue reading more about Apps , Google , and Spotify at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google begins displaying ...