Master page should not be refresh while changing content page

Hi

I am using asp 2.0 for my application..i used master page..I want something like frame..on left side i have menu link..whenever i click on left menu right side i want page ..but in my case whole master page is refreshing..

I want without refresh whole page ....only content page should be change...When i click on left side panel..right side content should be change..just like frame....

Please help me ..

Thanks a lot.....

Sejal Patel
1
sejalpatel

you could use an ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel control.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
7/17/2007 7:03:03 AM

Thanks for your reply..

But can you tell me how can i place my right side content page? i mean left side i can place links for diff pages but how can i place diff pages in update panel ?

Thanks

Sejal Patel
0
sejalpatel

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your original question; Once rendered a content & master page form 1 page so I don't think you can do it. What you could do is have 1 content page with an iframe in it and, through javascript, load other, normal, webforms in it. I don't think you want to go that road as in that case you can also do without a master page.

What do you have against using a refreshing master page?

Grz, Kris.

XIII

content page changing master page controls
So I have a master page.  It consists of a banner and a set of ImageButtons that run down the left side of the screen that serve as the navigation bar of my site.  At the first page, most buttons have their visibility set to false.The user logs in using forms authentication, and it is my desire to set the visibility to true on buttons based on login information. So, I set the ImageButtons up with public properties. For example:  public ImageButton MPHomeButton { get { return HomeButton; } set { HomeButton = value; } } Then, when I authenticate the user I  ...

Change master page controls from content page
Hi,  I have a master page with tabs menu ("primarynav"), and I want the 'selected' tab, meaning the one that suits the specific content page, to appear as selected. The way I did it is adding this code to the content page: <script type="text/javascript">document.body.onload = function() { document.getElementById('HelpTab').outerHTML = "<LI class=\"selected\" id=HelpTab onclick=SetHelpTab(); _extended=\"true\"><A href=\"Help.aspx\" _extended=\"true\">Help</A> " } </sc...

Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back?
so Master + content pages seems like exactly what I want except that they are assembled on postbacks. I am trying to make a site where both Master and Content pages have updatepanels, and the site switches content pages (40+ content pages) without the master page refreshing. Master Pages are assembled on postbacks so I don't think simple master page will work without annoying postbacks. I tried an approach where load content pages inside an Iframe, but the content pages take too long to load becuase each content page loads its own scriptmanager. View/Multiview will probably work but dif...

MasterPage
Hi, I have built my MasterPage and everything works just great EXCEPT for one small thing... When I click on a menu item to change the content panels page the entire master page refreshes itself too. I looked for a PostBack event or other property like that!  Did not find one. How can I stop the MasterPage from refreshing itself?  Or is it normal?ThanksPhillip J. Phillip J: How can I stop the MasterPage from refreshing itself?  Or is it normal? It is normal but you can stop it if you use the basic AJAX UpdatePanel.  Check out these videos http...

Content page has not changed as master page change
I built a master page and content page. For the first time when I debug it is ok. The problem is that"when I make some changes in the master page, I see that changes in the content page but when I set this content page as start page and debug(F5), it does not show that changes and load the previouse content page.It sound that it was not influenced by the changes.  I will be grateful If someone can fix trhis problem with best regardsLeyliComputer Engineer In visual studio try going build->rebuild  Web site and see what happens. Also you are not required to hi...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page
Hi, I am creating website.In that web site i am using ajax with master page. i have menu button in master page. When i click a menu item ,it will redirect to another page. How can i refresh only content page when i click the menu item( i tried updatepanel placing in master page ,but it is not working). Please ANy body help me, Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam you may get some help at ASP.NET AJAX > The UpdatePanel Control > Using the UpdatePanel Control with Master Pages Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’...

Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
HiI'm getting the above error with my application.Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"><atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>in them.but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error messagewhy would this be?thanks!  Make sure you have prop...

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page #2
I am developing a website using ajax+Masterpage concept .In my master page ,i have menu controls .The problem is when i click a menu control i want refresh only content page,not total page. So many people said you cant do it.But one day i saw a website  i.e http://www.codegod.de/WebAppCodeGod/Main.aspx How it is possible friends, Please tell me . Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam Putting your content inside an iframe is probably the best way to do that.  Overusing the UpdatePanel for site navigation (as in that example you linked) is generally a mess to work with and ma...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited
 Hi Guys,I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.Thanks a lot  :)  abhinaynag: I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question. I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages. Is t...

Web resources about - Master page should not be refresh while changing content page - asp.net.navigation-controls

Changing room - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A changing room , locker room , dressing room (usually in a sports, theater or staff context) or changeroom (regional use) is a room or area ...

Beyond Timeline: The Changing Face Of Facebook Ads
Despite the hype, timeline may not be the most exciting, or important change coming on March 30. Expanded advertising opportunities may unlock ...

Robert Scoble - Micromedia, how it's changing what we blog - Facebook
Jeremiah Owyang wrote an interesting piece about micromedia and how it's changing what we do on blogs and how we distribute media (er, ideas, ...

8 Ways the Changing Facebook Home Page Will Affect Application Virality
For developers who live and die by the changes Facebook makes to the way information flows through the service, every little Facebook tweak has ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing Jobs
... your profile is a clue to the folks at LinkedIn that you’re thinking of switching jobs, so don’t be The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...