master page does not render the page link on content page.

I have a navigation menu in master page as  follows <div class="mainnav-container">

<asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server" DataSourceID=siteMapmain Orientation=Horizontal >

</asp:Menu>

<ul>

</ul>

I have directory as follows

-DEFAULT.aspx

- Users (folder)

---------Profile.aspx

---------Ourservices(folder)

----------------websitedesign.aspc

when I click on profile link frm default page master page does not changes the ref. of remaining path on navigation menu which i copid above. so after clicking on any link it gives me an error that page not found.

e.g. from default page if I click on the profile.aspx and thn on aboutus.aspx it take user/user/aboutus.aspx instead of ../user/aboutus.aspx

pls give me some hint..  It works fine when I use sitemap with menu control b'se it reanders properly on each content page.

Mustaq Tailor
0
mustaq_t

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

How to render Content Page in master Page Without Full Page Postback
Hi,     I have Created an Web Application in which i hav one Master Page and  ten Content pages.In the Home page i hav a list of hyperlink buttons (<li>Hyperlink1,Hyperlink2,Hyperlink3</li>),so these hyperlinks actually direct to the content pages. I wanted to know how can i render only the content page without a full page page load again with the master page , with an Ajax effect. Thank u for the help Harsha   hello. well, you can't. i think you should redesign your site so that the content is defined by several web user controls another opti...

synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited
 Hi Guys,I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.Thanks a lot  :)  abhinaynag: I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question. I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages. Is t...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

inactive links in content page when master page has links
I am using vs2005 beta2. Has created a master page. Master page contains gridview, with SQL server data source. One of the columns in the gridview is a hyperlink field. The url for link is a column from database, description is the other column. When I created a content page with this master page, the links are inactive(Broken). Please help, Thanks in advance..  ...

HOW ADD .ASPX PAGE ( as content page) TO MASTER PAGE
hi friends, I have been trying to link  aspx pages to my master page ( which I created afterwards) without any success. I know how to do it when it comes to normal procedure i.e. first create a master page and then content pages. I have a different situation, I already have aspx pages  and now i created a master page but I am unable to link them. I tried  imitating the code from a content page created using normal procedure but thats also not working. Please do help me in this regard, Thank you Prince, Just create a master page and then create a child page. Ch...

Problem Accessing Page Controls in a page that has a master page.
Hi,  I have a problem with accessing the controls of a page that has a masterpage. I am trying to access the Page.Controls from the code behind in the class file but no controls are returned.I can access single controls (ex. txtAddress.Text) but not the whole array of controls (ex. Page.Controls).  The controls structure is..                                 MasterPage  >  PlaceHolder > MyPage.aspx &n...

Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
HiI'm getting the above error with my application.Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"><atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>in them.but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error messagewhy would this be?thanks!  Make sure you have prop...

Master page default content renders instead of content page content PLZ Help
Hi all A simple task: I need to create a masterpage with default content in the single asp:contentplaceholder on this page. And on my content page I want to put some different content in the asp:Content which is linked with the masterpages ph. (I want to override the default content) It worked fine until I added some new content to asp:contentplaceholder. My code Master Page: <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.cs" Inherits="MasterPage" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtm...

Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back?
so Master + content pages seems like exactly what I want except that they are assembled on postbacks. I am trying to make a site where both Master and Content pages have updatepanels, and the site switches content pages (40+ content pages) without the master page refreshing. Master Pages are assembled on postbacks so I don't think simple master page will work without annoying postbacks. I tried an approach where load content pages inside an Iframe, but the content pages take too long to load becuase each content page loads its own scriptmanager. View/Multiview will probably work but dif...

Web resources about - master page does not render the page link on content page. - asp.net.navigation-controls

Portal:Contents/Society and social sciences - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A society is a group of people who form a semi-closed system . At its simplest, the term society refers to a large group of people sharing their ...

How HuffPost, Sleep Number Will Use Each Other's Data in Branded-Content Deal
... has a new example to combat the idea that sleep inhibits productivity. Sleep banked her site, The Huffington Post, its latest branded-content ...

Dell Issues Patch For Content Adaptive Brightness Control On The XPS 13
... the year, but it did have some issues, as all devices do. One that was very frustrating to deal with during the review was the aggressive Content ...

Fake reviews: why and how businesses can steer clear of fraudulent content and gain consumers' trust
With the growth of mobile usage reaching 1.5 billion of users globally, consumers today have easy access to content about a brand, its products ...

Quality Over Quantity: Content & Social Media Marketing Lessons from 2015
Quality Over Quantity: Content & Social Media Marketing Lessons from 2015 was originally published on BruceClay.com, home of expert search engine ...

Netflix's success could be bad news for content companies, analysts say
Streaming giants like Netflix and Amazon have been pouring money into putting out their own original content instead of licensing old shows from ...

Contents of 911 call made by shooters' friend revealed
Enrique Marquez, who bought assault rifles used in San Bernardino shooting, made call hours after massacre

Bill O'Reilly: Removing Christian Content From 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' Is Terrorism!
Move over ISIS. Christian Christmas warrior, Bill O'Reilly, says that a school's decision to remove Christian references from "A Charlie Brown ...

Screenvision Forges Alliance To Offer Theaters Alternative Content
Screenvision is getting back into the business of providing movie theaters with non-Hollywood content, such as concerts and Broadway performances, ...