How to acess the master page control value in content page

i want to acess the control which is the part of master page. i want that contol`s  value on the content page.

0
toravis

Friend, try to implement the logic mentioned here

http://forums.asp.net/t/1272824.aspx

and this one

http://wiki.lessthandot.com/index.php/ASP.NET:_Access_Master_Page_controls_from_the_Content_Page

Good luck!

Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
cv_vikram

You can try to refer this article:  Passing Information Between Content and Master Pages

Amanda Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Amanda

Value of the control at Master page is not being set from the content page
I am trying to set the value of the control at Master Page from the child page(content page) but the value of the control at master page is not changing.."Hope its your Solution so Mark it as Answer"Ahmad SheikhMicrosoft Valuable Geekhttp://sharpcontents.blogspot.com Here is a good tutorial on doing this from scott. http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx here is the part you are looking for I think. Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, _                     &...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

Access value of a user control from Master Page in content page
 Dear Experts,Please help me on this issue. I have a master page which is composed of user controls like header, footer, left menu and content place holder. Now I want to access a value from header in the content place holder page. How to achieve this? Regards salah You first need to expose the value from the header as a public property and then you'll need to expose that (or the user control) as a public property of the master page. Here's an article about exposing properties on a master page - http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/InsideMasterPages.aspx; you use the...

Passing Values from a databound control in a Master page to a content page.
Need help with a dropdown menu in the Master page passing values to a Content page. Basically I have a dropdown menu on my master that I want to select and update the content in my Gridview on the subsequent page? I feel silly for asking I know this should be easy.   Bill I wrote an article to do exactly that.  Take a look:http://www.dotnetadvisor.com/Blog/MasterPageControls.aspx Rob Millswww.dotnetadvisor.com In the menu on the master page (or in a web.sitemap file), you can specify urls with querystrings attached (eg ~/Page.aspx?id=1). When you navigate to th...

Passing values from content page to user control on master page
I have a content page that pulls the info for a product. Surrounding this is a master page that has some user controls on it that show content that is specific to the data being pulled in the content page. I already have the content page setting properties on the master page in the code behind, and then the master pages code behind feeding the user controls - all seems to work but seems a tad inefficient in some cases - fine when I need to go back to the databse to fetch more related records, but this particular issue shouldn't need to do that.  My content page initiates a Product cla...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

Need to access a Label Control on the Master Page from a user control attached to a content page
Hello all, I have a master page (say  site.master)  with a status Label in it. I have a content page ( say content.aspx)  that has a user control (say usercontrol.ascx). One of the Button Click Events in the usercontrol.ascx needs to pass on some text onto the status label on the masterpage(LabelStatusMsg) and display it. I have been able to do this directly off a content page (content.aspx) by using the following code (VB)  on the master page <%@ MasterType virtualpath="~/site.master" %> and Dim mpLabel As Label = CType(Master.FindControl("LabelStatusMsg"),...

How do i get master page's Controls value into Content page!!!
  Hi to All,   I have a Master Page that Contains 4 dropdown lists and 2 Checkboxlists(that contains lot of check box list items) and one Search Button. now i want to search according to master page's controls parameters and display it on content page.now my problem is how do i get the master page's controls(dropdown lists,Checkboxlists)  values into content page. i did use properties for that in master page and calling these properties in  content page like this: Master.master:public string RegionState { get {if (Session["regionState"] == nu...

Access a DropDownList Selected value in a user control from a content page(nested master page)
 Hi All,I have a DropDownList box in a user control called DDLs.ascx. i have a content page called Sample.aspx which is based on a nested master page. the master pages are called parentMP.master and childMP.master. now i am calling the user control(DDLs.ascx) in the childMP.master like below<%@ Register TagPrefix="ddls" TagName="dropdownboxes" src="~/test/DDLs.ascx" %> now as i said there are 2 Dropdownlist boxes ( ddl1 and ddl2) in this user control.what i want is to access the selected value of these dropdownboxes in the content page and pass them t...

Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
HiI'm getting the above error with my application.Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"><atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>in them.but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error messagewhy would this be?thanks!  Make sure you have prop...

Control of the page and the controls on a page
I am building a web app that has some pages that are public and some that are only available based on subscription. Could someone explain the best way (infrastructure wise) how to control whether a server control is visible or enabledand how to control whether a page is viewable or not based on the user and whether or not the user is logged in (or not). If a user is not logged in I would like some controls to be visible but disabled. I also have to control the URL's in case a person learnsthe URL and tries to type it in. My question is more towards how to do this database wise. I am u...

Web resources about - How to acess the master page control value in content page - asp.net.navigation-controls

Home lost after out-of-control grassfire at Edgecombe in central Victoria
One home is lost after a fast-moving grassfire sweeps through Edgecombe in central Victoria..

Apple’s iOS 9.3 preview page hints at possible Control Center toggle to enable Night Shift
... If you head to the iOS 9.3 preview page on Apple Canada’s website , you can see that there’s an option to enable Night Shift from Control Center ...

#TBT: The Time Ad Age Went All-In for Gun Control
"Can there be any doubt anywhere that violence and contempt for law and order are doing their rotten best to tear American society apart? "Can ...

New Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 could have its own Control Center toggle
In all likelihood, youll be able to toggle the new Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 right from Control Center. It came from Canada At least thats ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...

Cruz control: take a look at his puppet master
Cruz control by digby If you read nothing else today, read this Bloomberg article about Ted Cruz's top benefactor, the certifiably looney tunes ...

Run on Italy's Third Largest Bank? Capital Controls or Bail-Ins Next? Why Take Chances?
... "brilliant" comeback? Not a single fundamental problem with Italy, the ECB, the euro, or Europe in general has been fixed. Capital Controls ...

AlunaGeorge share "I'm In Control" ft. Popcaan
... last year to preview material off the followup to their 2013 debut Body Music, and now the first single is here. It's called "I'm In Control" ...

A guy made a remote control airplane using the fan from an old wall heater
... and old heater in his house when he realized that the blower motor inside of it could work a lot like a jet engine — so he made a remote control ...