how do i link two different sitemap with the use of menu control in one .aspx file to two different hyperlink in the master page?

I have two menu control with similar file(eg.defect.aspx) in the master page, whenever i click the similar file(eg.defect.aspx) in either menu control, it will show both the menu control(eg.student menu and staff menu), but i only want to show only either one of the menu (eg,student menu only). Is there any solution to my problem? Am i able to use similar file(eg.defect.aspx) for two different sitemap and two menu control and only show one menu control.

0
silversasoriza

Hey,

What should or should not be visible; the whole menu, or the selected field?  Are you hiding one whole menu completely, and showing the other?  If so, then how are you showing/hiding?

Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
9/24/2007 12:25:22 PM

i have two menu, when i select the student hyperlink it should only show the student menu, but the problem now is that at the two menu i have similar file which is defect.aspx.,thus it will also show the other menu. In 1 master page, i have two contentplaceholder, 1 is for student menu, 1 is for project leader menu. Am i able to link the this two contentplaceholder to two different user?

0
silversasoriza
9/25/2007 2:10:00 AM

Hey,

You could dynamically assign a specific master page, so that one master page uses the student menu, and one uses the project leader menu.  You have to assign the name of the master page to a page in the preinit event.  That is an option, or you can simply set the visibility of one of the menus to false.  You can use this: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228274.aspx to create a strong typed reference to the master page, which you can have two properties that expose the visibility of the menus, and set one to visible=false.

Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains

two menu controls required in one aspx page with two different sitemap file
dears,in vs2005 website how it is possible to add two menus with two different sitemaps ??...here i did one menu control like as follows...now this menu is working fine with SiteMapDataSource1  and web.sitemap.now my requirement is i want to add one more menu control with another sitemap file...is it possible to do that way?can anybody help me for this? <asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server" BackColor="Green" BorderColor="Green" BorderStyle="Ridge"              &...

i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?
i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?  There are a number of ways storing values. Check out: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspxhttp://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Hi, Welcome to asp.net forums. Now as far as your requirements goes, the first thing that strikes me is that 100 controls are way too many to kee...

Two Menu controls in the same web site with different sitemaps?
I want a top nav menu and a side nav menu.  However, the menu control seems hardcodied to a singe web.sitemap.  Can you have more than one web.sitemaps?  If so, how do you map them to the different menu controls via the data source?  The data source does not seem to name or map the web.sitemap from what I can see.I tried to use the more generic xml file but can't get it to work even using the Microsoft example code...posted the question but got no answer.  I don't really need to use the xml file if I can somehow map more than one site map. You can have seve...

Pass values from one user control to a user control on a different aspx page
Hello, I have an aspx page titled Search.aspx. Within this page, I have a user control titled Search.ascx. I want a user to input search terms, then on the click of a button, I want to pass the values to another page (SearchResults.aspx)....which will then display the results in a user control. Can someone please give me some suggestions on how to do this? Thanks a lot! Hello, what you can do is: inside ur usercontrol, create a method that returns a dataset or datareader. that is, since u are searching using the usercontrol, then the result of ur search will be return...

Two menus and two different sitemap files
ok....heres my problem. I have two menu's ...each using its own sitemap file.<siteMap defaultProvider="MainMapProvider" enabled="true"> <providers> <clear /> <!-- Get rid of the inherited standard provider --> <add name="MainMapProvider" description="Main menu map" type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider" siteMapFile="Main.sitemap" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" /> <add name="FooterMapProvider" description="Footer menu map" type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider" siteMapFile="Footer.sitemap" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" /...

printing in two different printer for two different datawindows but from one screen
Hi all Our cilent has asked for facitly from a perticular screen that the two different report sholud be printed on two different printer from two different datawindows when a form is filled. First of all is it possible. and if possible pl reply. i tried to go by <DW Control Name>.Object.DataWindow.Printer but later after studying help file i come to know that this function is descibe onle i.e modify function can not be appled. Reagards Trilok Rawat Yes, it is very much possible....go to www.powerwhizz.com for printer utility. On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 04:37:...

sitemap control for master page to control content menu
Hi all, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to dot net 2.0 and being the noob that I am, I am having difficulty as I aren't much of a coder, but something I am working on trying to improve. My problem is that in the past I have used frames and framesets for website control, but now working on a site that i would like to implement in  dot net 2.0. Issue using sitemaps is as follows: I can use a sitemap in all its glory but am a little stumped on how to get everything I want working. Sitemap is as follow: * Home * Section 1    - section 1 Page 1   ...

Two controls on one page updating values on controls
I have two user controls on an aspx page.  Control 1 is view. Control2 is search.  User selects value on Control2 and I want to update Control1(View).  I cannot find syntax to change values on Control1 from Control2.  The following is function on Control1 that is called from Control2 after pageInit and load on Control1.  I have tried many many ways to findControl but all fail. 'Function on Control1 called from Control2 after Control1 PageInit/load:         Public F...

Linking two controls in two seperate .ascx files
hello,im trying to make a couple of image buttons in one usercontrol affect the ActiveViewIndex state of my multiview in another control so far both codebehinds look like this...1: this is where the multiview is located, the MV is called contentsusing System;using System.Data;using System.Configuration;using System.Collections;using System.Web;using System.Web.Security;using System.Web.UI;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;    public partial class UserControls_Content : System.Web.UI.UserControl  ...

one control with two different types?
Hi all I am new to ASP.net and I am trying to build a basic navigation control. The control should be able to render either a text version of my navigation, or a more graphical version. I would like to create a control that I can then instantiate as either a text version or a graphical version. Here is what I have so far for code in my ascx: Namespace NSS Public Class Menus Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControl Protected GraphicalMenus As Panel #Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code " #End Region Public Overridable Sub D...

Using the same DataGrid with two different DataTables and one column difference
I'd like to populate the same DataGrid from two different functions with one column difference. One of the DataTables that will be used has an extra column entitled description, where I'd use a template column or bound column. I know that if I try to do it now, I'll get the error "DataBinder.Eval: 'System.Data.DataRowView' does not contain a property with the name Description. I tried using a label in the template column and disabling in the OnItemDataBound event. This obviously does not work. Is there a common way of doing something like this without having to create a whole second DataGrid...

how can i take two sitemapdatasource controls for two sitemap files
Hi, I have 2  web.sitemap files, for 2 diffrent languages, when user login with 1 st langauge mode, i want to display that language menus and  user login with 2  nd langauge mode, i want to display that language menus here i am displaying menus in Master page, -----Her can i take two sitemapdatasource controls for two sitemap files if then how i assign  sitemap files to two diffrent sitemapdatasource controlsadilahmed -----Her can i take two sitemapdatasource controls for two sitemap files or can i take two web.sitemap files   and bind  wi...

use same button controls on two aspx pages
Hi friends, I want to use same button controls on two  different aspx pages. Let me explain how it goes On first aspx I have users personal information (name,age,address) and buttons names "update"  "delete" "add" On second aspx I have his business information with same buttons ie "update" "delete" "add"  I will have a data table which will get changed depending on button click. How can I do that.Should I put them in master page??   please help Thanks  You can create a web user control (.ax...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Web resources about - how do i link two different sitemap with the use of menu control in one .aspx file to two different hyperlink in the master page? - asp.net.navigation-controls

Missed President Obama's final State of the Union address? You can watch it on Amazon Prime
The State of the Union address is arguably the most important speech given by any president and what will be included in the context of it is ...

PC shipments plunge but Apple bucks trend: IDC
Last year ended with a record-setting drop in personal computer shipments, with Apple bucking the trend, a report found Tuesday. The International ...

David Bowie's 'China Girl' says music video changed her life
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — In 1983, New Zealander Geeling Ching was 23 years old and waiting tables at a Sydney cafe when she was chosen ...

Turkey detains three Russians suspected of Islamic State ties after Istanbul bomb: media
Turkish authorities detained three Russian nationals suspected of links with Islamic State following a suicide bomb attack in Istanbul that killed ...

John Boyega Says 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' is 'Much Darker'
John Boyega may have to keep mum on the highly-anticipated sequel to Star Wars: The Force Awakens , but he is saying something . In fact, the ...

South Korea Urges China to Back New Sanctions Over North Korea's Nuclear Test
Wall Street Journal South Korea Urges China to Back New Sanctions Over North Korea's Nuclear Test Wall Street Journal SEOUL—South Korean President ...

Sylvester Stallone Apologizes for Not Thanking 'Creed' Team at Golden Globes
Sylvester Stallone and Michael B. Jordan walk the red carpet at the premiere of their movie Creed on Tuesday night (January 12) at Empire Leicester ...

Google now has a boss for its virtual reality business
Google confirmed to VentureBeat late Tuesday that Clay Bavor, VP for product management and one of the execs behind Google Cardboard , will head ...

Rams' move to LA not without its challenges
ESPN Rams' move to LA not without its challenges ESPN In April 1995, Rams owner Georgia Frontiere agreed to pay $46 million for the right ...

Powerball Ticket Sharing Becomes Viral Facebook Craze As $1.5 Billion Drawing Nears
The $1.5 billion Powerball drawing Wednesday night is past the viral stage, as a full-blown epidemic of lottery ticket fever has overtaken the ...