HOW ADD .ASPX PAGE ( as content page) TO MASTER PAGE

hi friends,

I have been trying to link  aspx pages to my master page ( which I created afterwards) without any success. I know how to do it when it comes to normal procedure i.e. first create a master page and then content pages. I have a different situation, I already have aspx pages  and now i created a master page but I am unable to link them. I tried  imitating the code from a content page created using normal procedure but thats also not working.

Please do help me in this regard,

Thank you

0
Prince_Singh

Prince,

Just create a master page and then create a child page.

Check what are the informations the child page is holding regarding master page.

Now you just do a reverse engineering.

Add the proper information in your child page about the master page.

It is not a very difficult work.

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default2.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default2" Title="Untitled Page" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
</asp:Content>

So very minimum changes you have to made as i have mentioned in block

 Any prob come back to me.

Joydeep Sen
Dotnet Developer

Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.
This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers

0
joydeepsen
2/20/2009 11:33:18 AM

hi ,

thank you very much, I was trying to do the same but some reason i was getting error but your post confirmed that i was moving in right direction, i  tried again and its working now.  thanks for your help

0
Prince_Singh