when I make a directory on my root, and in that directory I put a masterpage and a web form ... I get always an error :

Does somebody know what the problem is ? Is it possible you can't set a masterpage in a directory ... ?

Kind Regards,

Joeri Pansaerts.

From Bruges, Belgium :)
0
joeri

i've founded ... I had to nest my masterpage ...

Kind Regards,

Joeri Pansaerts.

From Bruges, Belgium :)
0
joeri
6/21/2008 5:57:27 PM

Hi Joeri Pansaerts,

I am receiving the same error as the one posted here, Could you please share your solution with me.

I am using a single Master Page.

Thank You,

Sudhe

0
sudheshnac
6/23/2008 7:30:51 AM

Hi Sudhe,

 Are you using 2 masterpages ?

Kind Regards,

Joeri Pansaerts.

From Bruges, Belgium :)
0
joeri
6/23/2008 12:15:23 PM

Hi Joeri, Thank you for the reply.

I am using a single master page, however I had figured out the solution.

Thanks once again,

Sudhe

0
sudheshnac
6/23/2008 12:19:53 PM

hi, I also geting the same error, I am using single master page and a web form. please can any one help me to solve this problem.

0
bsvnhll

error: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
 I have a website that uses a masterpage. most of my users have no problem; but few get the error bellow. I was never able to duplicate the error.   ex.message: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.Stack trace:    at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection)   at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)ErrorMessage: The error description is as follows : System.Web.HttpException: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.   at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection)   at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) Try checking the IIS logs and see what page was requested that generated this error.  Normally you'd only see this if the master page directive is missing, so if you are dynamically creating pages in any way this may be getting missed. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click...

Error:Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page?!!
 Hello All I have a web application, it is working well in localost without any error but when I upload it to the host it show me the error below:Any suggestion? I have not seen this error beforePlease any helpRegards, Server Error in '/' Application. Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page. Description: Anunhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current webrequest. Please review the stack trace for more information about theerror and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of thecurrent web request. Information regarding the origin and location ofthe exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [HttpException (0x80004005): Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.] System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) +2028811 System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +48 System.We...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
HiI'm getting the above error with my application.Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"><atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>in them.but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error messagewhy would this be?thanks!  Make sure you have proper reference to atlast ajax control. Check in top of page wether you have register directive, if not you need to add one.Robin Kediawww.aplusmonitoring.com(Advanced Website Monitoring & Alerting Service Make sure you have proper reference to atlas ajax control. Check in top of page wether you have register directive, if not you need to add one.Robin Kediawww.aplusmonitoring.com(Advanced Website Monitoring & Alerting Service HiOK im getting another error message now:Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or methodwhy would this be?thanks!    sorted it, I needed to change a setting in the web.config file...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the matching contentplaceholder does not display. If you wan tthem both to display why don't you put whatever you currently have in the contentplaceholder on the masterpage directly onto the master page (or into a regular placeholder on the master page if you want to be able to show and hide it based on something going on) and then leave the contentplaceholder empty and that way when your page is rendered you'll always get both sets of content renderd (unless you put the stuff you currently have in the contentplaceholder in a placeholder and set its visibility to false.)  If this post answered your question please remember to 'Mark as Answer'!...

Need to access a Label Control on the Master Page from a user control attached to a content page
Hello all, I have a master page (say  site.master)  with a status Label in it. I have a content page ( say content.aspx)  that has a user control (say usercontrol.ascx). One of the Button Click Events in the usercontrol.ascx needs to pass on some text onto the status label on the masterpage(LabelStatusMsg) and display it. I have been able to do this directly off a content page (content.aspx) by using the following code (VB)  on the master page <%@ MasterType virtualpath="~/site.master" %> and Dim mpLabel As Label = CType(Master.FindControl("LabelStatusMsg"),...

Error finding the user control in master page from content page
HI, I have a master page in which i have created a header which is a user control into which contains a label.  I a accessing this label from content page.  The code for the following is mentioned below.  Sometimes it works perfectly fine however sometimes it throws object reference error.  So my application is not stable.   Any suggestions what could be the possible issue???????     Utils UT = new Utils();    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    {      Sys...

HELP..... Master Page Error (The page has controls that require a Master Page, but none is specified.)
Hi, I had almost finished creting my master page to use as a template for all future internal applications.  I had created a template to use in creatign new applications and had sucessfully created a new project based upon the MasterPage template... All was working well when I noticed a small graphic inconsistancy on the MasterPage... I reopened the MasterPage and I got teh above error message... I have looked at the HTML and everything seems to be okay and there including the header lines... <%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.vb" Inherits="MasterPage" %><%@ Register assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" tagprefix="cc1" %><%@ Register src="Common/Footer.ascx" tagname="Footer" tagprefix="uc1" %> A can no longer view the page in the designer without this error... what has happened?ThanksPhillip J. Hi, sniplet below I copied from this tutorial Whether the MasterPageFile property is set via the @Page directive or programmatically is inconsequential to the end user's experience. However, the MasterPageFile attribute in the @Page directive is used by Visual Studio during design-time to produce the WYSIWYG view in the Designer. If you return to Default.aspx in Visual Studio and navigate to the Designer you'll see the message, "Master Page error: The page ha...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

Accessing a master page's control in a nested content Page(Urgent)
Hi all, I have a masterpage rm_master.masterand another masterpage rm_sub.master which inherits from rm_master.master. Now I want to access a dropdownlist control in a content page which derieves from rm_select_master. the code i used wasDropDownList DropDownList1 = (DropDownList)Master.FindControl("DropDownList1");string a; a = DropDownList1.Text;   The error i got was "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Please help.. Thanks in advance.. Bharath You can try Page.FindControl or use the mastertype directivePlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” so I know if my answer was good enough for you. Thanks. Hi Clarifying ,   The DropDownList is in the First Level master page(rm_master) and i want to read the selected item in  this dropdown in the content page derived from the nested masterpage rm_sub.master. Thanks  expose the dropdownlist as a public property on the masterpage, then, from your page, you can do:Page.Master.Master.DropdownlistIDHope this helps !Rinze Cats---------please select 'mark as answer' if this post helped you! hi, how to access controls in nested masterpage check my post http://forums.asp.net/p/1330013/2670187.aspx#2670187 Please Mark as Answer if it helps you  it's better to expose it as a propertyHope this helps !Rinze Cats---------please select 'mark as answer' if this post helped you!...

Master Page and Dynamic Controls in Content Page
 I have a user requirement where i am creating dynamic control in the page that uses a master page. (Something Like ShowQuizQuestion.aspx which uses Master.Master). Now i have placed one ContentPlaceHolder in Master Page. Now During Page_Load of ShowQuizQuestion.aspx i am creating two dynamic textboxes. ShowQuizQuestion also contains a button(which is not dynamic).At the button_click event i want to trap the values of both textboxes in 2 different string variables.  When i create a standalone page! things work perfectly fine... but with use of masterpage it gets difficult since it ...

Accessing master page controls from content page
Hello,Here's a snippet from my listing.master page:<%@ master Language="C#" %>     public string Listing_Name    {        get { return lis_name.Text; }    }    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    {       lis_name.Text = "Hello World"    } ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------In my content page, Master.Listing_Name shows blank, why?<...

Master Page , User Control,Content page
 Hi friend ,I have user control at master page, I want to access it's property using content page I have done code but getting problem in deployment.((ASP.usercontrols_travel_hotel_directory_ascx)Master.FindControl("ucHotel_Directory")).Visible = false;  But I am getting following error in deployment project Error    137    The type or namespace name 'usercontrols_travel_animation_ascx' does not exist in the namespace 'ASP' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    d:\By Shakti5385\EternalMewar\Eterna...

content page changing master page controls
So I have a master page.  It consists of a banner and a set of ImageButtons that run down the left side of the screen that serve as the navigation bar of my site.  At the first page, most buttons have their visibility set to false.The user logs in using forms authentication, and it is my desire to set the visibility to true on buttons based on login information. So, I set the ImageButtons up with public properties. For example:  public ImageButton MPHomeButton { get { return HomeButton; } set { HomeButton = value; } } Then, when I authenticate the user I  ...

Master Page Menus and Content Page Controls
I have a master page with asp.net 2.0 menu control. Some menu items have sub items.When a user selects a menu sub item I need to access the values of the controls in the current content page before navigating to the URL specified in the NavigateURL property.How do I do this?Thanks How about create an event handler for the MenuItemClick event? Here is an example of the handler in C#:  void NavigationMenu_MenuItemClick(Object sender, MenuEventArgs e)  {    //access yhe values of your controls here  } hope this helps.  Help Whenever You CanLive Witho...

Change master page controls from content page
Hi,  I have a master page with tabs menu ("primarynav"), and I want the 'selected' tab, meaning the one that suits the specific content page, to appear as selected. The way I did it is adding this code to the content page: <script type="text/javascript">document.body.onload = function() { document.getElementById('HelpTab').outerHTML = "<LI class=\"selected\" id=HelpTab onclick=SetHelpTab(); _extended=\"true\"><A href=\"Help.aspx\" _extended=\"true\">Help</A> " } </sc...

Master Page and content page control null
Hi, i have a master control with a content page that as my own custom base object (derived from page).  I have been able to recursively loop thru all control to retrieve my custom label control (only a basic label with a custom property added). the problem is that when i retrieve my control it's null. can someone help me on this.   Thank's a lot.Normand Hi Normand, I am not sure what your exactly mean by that, if you can ,please provide more details information, and it will help me to understand your question more clear. But I feel your problem maybe related with th...

Access Content Page Control from Master Page
I use Master page in my application. i want to access the content page control (Text Box)  from master page and change the control (Text Box) value. i cant find the text box by using Findcontrol also Let’s turn to the FindControl documentation on MSDN. FindControl searches the current naming container for the specified server control. Master.FindControl("ContentPageHolder1").FindControl(TextBox) Reading this nice article.http://odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx   MPI never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he hasread. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784) hi, how to access controls in masterpages check my post in http://forums.asp.net/p/1330013/2670187.aspx#2670187Please Mark as Answer if it helps you...

Using Master Page controls in content pages..
Dear All I am new to using Master pages but i find them very usefull. What I have is on the master page is a menu that consists of series of link buttons that link to different content pages and a series of panels that contains an image of a bar that correspondes to a button, and I wont to set the visibility of a panel to true or false depending on the click of a link button. The problem is the panels on the master page seem to be protected, and when i go to reference the control in the content page i cant even though the content page now about the control. here is the code i am using...

Accessing Controls Content Pages from Master Page
how do i access controls content pages from master page?Its all about coding! I would raise an event from the master page and handle it on the content page.  You can commuicate any data through customized event args.  This article explains in detail how to raise and consume an event: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9aackb16(VS.80).aspx  HTH,Phillip Williams,http://www.webswapp.com Let's say your master page has a textbox whose ID is MasterTextBox. TextBox tb = Page.Master.FindControl("MasterTextBox") as TextBox;...

find content page control from master page
Pls help me out this one I am using a Master page and a lot of content pages. and i am using timer controls in various pages of my project.... All i need is i want to stop a timer control of a particular page by its id.. i just wrote code in javascript in masterpage asfunction starttimer()   {$get('Timer1').control._startTimer(); } function stoptimer() {$get('Timer1').control._stopTimer(); }   It doesn't work for me.. how to find the control from master page... Thanks in advance This link might help you out, http://forums.asp.net/p/1330013...

Trigger a control in Master from control in content page?
Hi!So how can I trigger the button click (or change hidden field?) in Master page from the button click event in content page? I need that because I have a popupcontrol in master page. I set it like this to have a "Add to cart" functionality - the button is in content page and the cart (popup) is in master. Like in gap.com... Been trying to figure that one out for days..  hiif you want to access a control which is in the master page from a client page..then you write a code like thisImageButton imgButton = (ImageButton)Master.FindControl("imageStep4");imgButto...

Web resources about - Error : Content controls have to be top-level controls in a content page or a nested master page that references a master page. - asp.net.navigation-controls

Wikipedia talk:Reference desk/Guidelines/Medical advice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I disagree with this implication that this section of the guideline represents the consensus. If you look at the last few years of discussion ...

Batman v Superman: Weather presenter’s forecast contains 20 references
IT looks like tomorrow will be a super day. At least according to weather presenter Sian Welby, who packed an impressive 20 references to the ...

References to ‘early 2016 12-inch MacBook’ seen in latest OS X Server version
... event . Just as we expected, news about any update in the MacBook line wasn’t announced. But thanks to a tipster, we’re now discovering references ...

Lattice and MediaTek to Collaborate On Reference Smartphones For SuperMHL over USB-C
Lattice Semiconductor and MediaTek have joined forces to create reference smartphones with 4K video outputs using USB Type-C connectors and cables. ...

Canonical chooses Linux-friendly Dragonboard 410c as Ubuntu Core on ARM 64-bit reference
... only dream about with its venerable Windows. Even though Linux can run on damn-near anything, it is beneficial for developers to have a reference ...

Early 2016 12-inch Retina MacBook references spotted in OS X apps
After a report said earlier this week that Apple is readying ultra-thin 13-inch and 15-inch MacBooks for the second quarter, possibly similar ...

"Oleaginous spiked on March 8th, after the word was used by New York Times columnist David Brooks, in ...
Says the Merriam-Webster Dictionary website. Brooks is not the only writer who has seen fit to employ this adjective when describing the senator ...

Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are trolling each other with corny Jim Carrey references
Republican presidential rivals Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz are trading barbs using corny references to actor Jim Carrey. Trump fired first ...

Clergyman sues two bishops over reference that cost him job
A clergyman has issued a writ against two Church of England bishops under data protection laws over information in a reference, according to ...

Cop sorry for image of mushroom cloud, reference to Islam
... Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts police officer has been placed on administrative leave for posting an image of a mushroom cloud with a reference ...