Error: ASP.NET runtime error: Theme 'IdM' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories

I'm getting the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temp\VWDWebCache\idm-dev\users\wizard.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Theme 'IdM' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories. (C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temp\VWDWebCache\idm-dev\web.config line 18) C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temp\VWDWebCache\idm-dev\users\wizard.aspx 1 1 http://idm-dev/      [my bold]

Web config contains the following in <system.web>:

<pages theme="IdM" />

The error occurred after I closed VS2005, rebooted my PC and reopened VS2005 and opened the same website.  Before closing it, the site was compiling and running okay.   The site is located on a Win2003 R2 server.  At the bottom of this post are a listing of the folder in question and a listing of the equivalent folder on the server.  As you can see, the folders have the correct names as do the .skin and .css files.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Regards

SH

C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temp\VWDWebCache\idm-dev\App_Themes>dir /s
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 1C14-8F94

 Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temp\VWDWebCache\idm-dev\App_Themes

24/07/2007  12:24    <DIR>          .
24/07/2007  12:24    <DIR>          ..
24/07/2007  12:25    <DIR>          IdM
               0 File(s)              0 bytes

 Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temp\VWDWebCache\idm-dev\App_Themes\IdM

24/07/2007  12:25    <DIR>          .
24/07/2007  12:25    <DIR>          ..
24/07/2007  12:25               306 IdM.css
24/07/2007  12:25               197 IdM.skin
24/07/2007  12:24    <DIR>          images
               2 File(s)            503 bytes

 Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temp\VWDWebCache\idm-dev\App_Themes\IdM\images

24/07/2007  12:24    <DIR>          .
24/07/2007  12:24    <DIR>          ..
               0 File(s)              0 bytes

     Total Files Listed:
               2 File(s)            503 bytes
               8 Dir(s)   8,882,524,160 bytes free

C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temp\VWDWebCache\idm-dev\App_Themes>

And here is a listing of the server App_Themes folder:

D:\Inetpub\IdM\App_Themes>dir /s
 Volume in drive D is Data
 Volume Serial Number is ....

 Directory of D:\Inetpub\IdM\App_Themes

23/07/2007  11:57    <DIR>          .
23/07/2007  11:57    <DIR>          ..
23/07/2007  11:58    <DIR>          IdM
               0 File(s)              0 bytes

 Directory of D:\Inetpub\IdM\App_Themes\IdM

23/07/2007  11:58    <DIR>          .
23/07/2007  11:58    <DIR>          ..
23/07/2007  11:58               306 IdM.css
23/07/2007  12:12               197 IdM.skin
23/07/2007  11:58    <DIR>          images
               2 File(s)            503 bytes

 Directory of D:\Inetpub\IdM\App_Themes\IdM\images

23/07/2007  11:58    <DIR>          .
23/07/2007  11:58    <DIR>          ..
               0 File(s)              0 bytes

 Directory of D:\Inetpub\IdM\App_Themes\IdM\_vti_cnf

23/07/2007  11:58               426 IdM.css
23/07/2007  12:12               426 IdM.skin
               2 File(s)            852 bytes

     Total Files Listed:
               4 File(s)          1,355 bytes
               8 Dir(s)   5,574,332,416 bytes free

N.B. I've removed my userID from all folder paths and replaced it with '...'.

0
serialhobbyist

No amount of "Refresh Folder" or such would work.  So, I tried closing and reopening VS2005 and then rebuilding the site.  It worked.

Doh!

0
serialhobbyist

Parser Error Message: Theme 'White' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.
After downloading and extracting the file for the "Personal Site Starter Kit".Parser Error Message: Theme 'White' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.I've run this on Visual Web Developer Express Edition.What could be wrong?Here's the error page i got.. Server Error in '/pers_rtm_v1_vb' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Theme ...

Theme 'Default' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories
Hi All,         I've a website that works ok in dev, but when i'm trying to upload to the hosting, i'm receiving this error: Server Error in '/' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Theme 'Default' cannot be found in the appl...

Theme 'SkyHigh' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.
The application is built with visual studio 2005 and it is working fine in the local server. But when I deploy and upload it in the web server it is giving the following error: Server details: Windows 2000 server .net framework 2.0 sql server 2000 SkyHigh theme is inside the application. I even tried installing frontpage server extension 2002 and still its not working. Can anyone help ?   Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the...

Theme 'ctl00_TreeView1n0' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.
I get this error when attempting to switch themes. Server Error in '/CedarFurniture' Application. Theme 'ctl00_TreeView1n0' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Theme 'ctl00_TreeView1n0' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during th...

Theme 'plss' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories
Hi all I'm pretty new to .Net I've mostly been doing my code in ASP. I've been asked to work on a web site created by someone else. They have emailled me the files that they were working on and I am trying to make them work! When ever I compile or view any of the files I get the error message "Theme 'plss' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories". I understand whats mean't to be happening here, the web.config file is trying to access a App_theme file. The App_Theme file is there but it can't seem to find it. The code from the web.config file is: <pages styleShe...

ASPCONFIG: Theme '???' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories on 64 bit ??
I've got an asp.net website that runs fine from VS.NET on my client. If I deploy the site by moving it to the Test web server it works fine.   If I precompile the site on the Test server that goes well as well. If I deploy the sources to my prod server which is 64 bit I get this error: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and...

Parser Error Message: Theme 'White' cannot be found in the application or global
I have just downloaded then intall personal starter kit.Then I copy the folder to my project directory.But From VWD after opening the web site from my projects folder I get this error.I am runing default.aspx.Also Club starter kit is working fine.Any idea Server Error in '/pers' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Theme 'White' cannot be found in the ap...

Theme 'Default' cannot be found in the application or global theme
I have a asp.net site that i want to run. it runs perfectly alright in IIS 5.0 and 6.0 on XP pro and win server 2003. i recently installed vista business on my laptop na dtoday just tried t install the same web site as a virtual directory on the it and it constantly comes with the error   Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Theme 'Default' cannot be found in the application or globa...

Them 'ThemName' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories
Help.  I've installed .net framework 2 (not beta) on my webserver and I get the following error in folders that are more than two layers deep:Theme 'ThemeName' cannot be found in the application or global theme directoriesfiles in root and root\folder work, but root\folder\folder does not.  While troubleshooting this issue, I've added a web.config file to the folder and it still doesn't work.Line 12: <system.web>Line 13:     <pages styleSheetTheme="ThemeName" />Line 14: <compilation debug="true" defaultLanguage="c#" />any suggestion...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

Ajax.NET error:Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'constructor' is null or not an object
Hello... I have a byte array into an C# applet(Windows.Forms.UserControl). The byte is ByteData = new byte[]{1,2,3}; and I want to user AjaxPro to send it at the server: function SetData() { var applet = document.getElementById('applet'); if(applet != null) { var array = new Array(); array = applet.object.ByteData; if(applet.SerializedSignatureLength > 0) Forms.Form1.Set(array, callback); } } function callback(res) {} I get this nasty error : Microsof...

heme 'xxx' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories. IIS
 my asp.net code compiles fne and renders the default.aspx page just fine from F5 in vs.net 2005. (you know with a port)However, If attempt to call the page from the browser I get the error:Theme 'Theme1' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.i have this in my web config:    <pages styleSheetTheme="Theme1">Thanks for any help or information. Assuming you have a folder called "Theme1" under your App_Themes folder I think you need to have the pages-tag of web.config refernce it like this:   <pages th...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

hosting error at brinkster.com (Server Error in '/' Application, Runtime Error )
HelloI have hosted my student project at brinkster.com, in my pc it runs quite fine, but at brinkster it gives following error messgae.  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &l...

Web resources about - Error: ASP.NET runtime error: Theme 'IdM' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories - asp.net.navigation-controls