Best way for content page to set a property on its master page?

I'm confused by all the different options.. what is the best way for
content page to set a property on its master page?  For example, I
have google ads displayed by the master page, but I want the content
page to set a variable to indicate the google channel for the ads on
that page.
0
Celestine

Hey,

Each content page has a MasterPage property, which you can convert to your appropriate master page type.

Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains

Master Page
I am using a master page for a website (Vs 2008) . I am facing two problems - 1. In the Login page, I am hiding the logout hyperlink. After the user logs in successfully , I'm setting the visibility of the logout hyperlink to true. But then, when I navigate to another page, the logout button disappears -  forcing me to redo setting the visibility in every page. 2. I have a similar problem with an Image in the page too. When I change the image in the content page after login, it reverts back to the existing image in the master page ( this I guess is because the master page loads...

How to set a Master Page's control's property through content page on a postback event?
Hi all, i m using a master page in my application. i have a panel on master page and a tab container with three tab panels on content page. i want to set/change  the visibility of the panel control when the tab is changed on the content page. By default the panel is invisible. To implement this i executed the following steps: 1. Set AutoPostBack of tacontainer to true 2. Wrote an event handler for ActiveTabIndexChanged event of the tab container 3 Wrote the following code on Tab changed event   if (TabContainerEmpPerformance.ActiveTabIndex == 1) { ...

How to set properties from content pages to master pages
My naviagation controls are created on the master page with home button image set to visible=false. On all of my pages except the default.aspx page I want to set it to visible=true. When I try to script this on the masterpage I'm not sure how to keep my string in scope. I thought I could just set a string imagebutton1on and set this to on. On the child page I was trying public partial class Resume : System.Web.UI.Page { string Imagebuttonone; protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { Imagebuttonone = "on"; } } On the master page I was trying some lo...

Value of the control at Master page is not being set from the content page
I am trying to set the value of the control at Master Page from the child page(content page) but the value of the control at master page is not changing.."Hope its your Solution so Mark it as Answer"Ahmad SheikhMicrosoft Valuable Geekhttp://sharpcontents.blogspot.com Here is a good tutorial on doing this from scott. http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx here is the part you are looking for I think. Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, _                     &...

Programmatically set a content pages Master page to another Master page which is nested in the original
Hello, I have a set up where I have a main masterpage that I use most of the time but occasionally I need to swtch to another masterpage which is actually nested to the main masterpage. The switch needs to happen between postbacks from one content page to another. The problem I'm having, is that it is giving me an exception that it cannot find the content place holders in in the main master page. I have overriden the OnPreInit event of the content page where I check a session variable to see if I need to load the nested page or the main page. When I try to load the page I am presented ...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

Referencing a user control property in a master page to set the current pages title
How can I Reference a user control's property in a master page to set the current pages title?Jeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCPC# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA"If I have answered your question please mark as answer" You can drag and drop a user control named userControl1 to master page and refer to its property through userControl1.Title to set master page title in Page_Load event handler. Thanks for your reply Jason but perhaps I wasn't completely clear about the functionality I need. I need to set the content page's title in the user control which is...

setting a controls properties within a master page from aspx page without code behind
I have a custom header control that has a public property TabID declared in the codebehind of the control itself. In asp1.1, I dragged the header control to a page and set the tabid like: <uc1:myheader runat="server" TabID="1" /> inside the aspx page it was placed. Now I would like to put the header control inside a master page, but I'm not sure how to set this property without setting it in codebehind for every page i create.  Is this possible? What is the best way to get this value to the header control as it is different for every page?...

Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
HiI'm getting the above error with my application.Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"><atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>in them.but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error messagewhy would this be?thanks!  Make sure you have prop...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited
 Hi Guys,I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.Thanks a lot  :)  abhinaynag: I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question. I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages. Is t...

Web resources about - Best way for content page to set a property on its master page? - asp.net.navigation-controls

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . In abstract, property ...

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In abstraction, property is that which belongs to or with something, whether as an attribute or as a component of said thing. For the significant ...

RBA governor Glenn Stevens welcomes slowing property market
The easing of property markets is welcome and essential says RBA governor Glenn Stevens.

Melbourne Anarchist Club in battle with property developers
The Melbourne Anarchist Club &ndash; home to a group of social outliers who reject &quot;hierarchical power structures&quot; and believe profit ...

China stocks rise, led by property shares - DailyTelegraph Search Search
CHINA stocks have climbed, led by property and resources shares, amid signs that insurers are scrambling for stakes in real estate majors and ...

China stocks rise, led by property shares
CHINA stocks have climbed, led by property and resources shares, amid signs that insurers are scrambling for stakes in real estate majors and ...

Basics key to selling Perth property, says new report - PerthNow Search Search
HOMES with water views might net a million-dollar return, but practical features such as a double lockup garage and a short commute to work make ...

Chinese demand for Aussie property drops as much as 15%, McGrath says
Chinese demand for Australian homes has dropped as much as 15 per cent from a year earlier as China's stocks tumbled and the economy slowed, ...

Men face court after $30,000 worth of suspected stolen property seized in Griffith
Two men are set to face the ACT Magistrates Court on Saturday morning in relation to stolen property and burglary charges.

Vandals spray-paint Hawthorne mosques, leave fake grenade on property
Two mosques in Hawthorne were vandalized and police say both incidents are being investigated as hate crimes.