Adding dropdowns Programatically To content page in Master Page and retrieving selected value in code behind

Hi

I have a content page where i need to programatically two pull down. The first one is populated on the server side. The second one is populated on the client upon selecting a value in the first pull down. So far I got this working fine. Then as I do a post back I want to retrive the selected value of the second pulldown (the one populated in the client). Thing is I can find a reference to the control but it is returned empy. No data, no selected value.

This page already works outside of master pages. And if I try it with textboxes I can retrieve changes done in the client.

julior77

persist dropdown list selected value across content pages of master page
Hi All,  I have a dropdown control in the master page in my project. The content pages are dependent on the value selected in the dropdown control.The problem is if the dropdown is selected in one page do not retains it's value while navigating to other content pages I need to keep the selected value persistent across the content pages. Does somebody know how to accomplished this. Thanks in advance, Nitin Within the DropDownList.SelectedIndexChanged event, you could simply set a cookie or a Session variable to your SelectedValue. Then, within the DropDownList.DataBound event...

Access a DropDownList Selected value in a user control from a content page(nested master page)
 Hi All,I have a DropDownList box in a user control called DDLs.ascx. i have a content page called Sample.aspx which is based on a nested master page. the master pages are called parentMP.master and childMP.master. now i am calling the user control(DDLs.ascx) in the childMP.master like below<%@ Register TagPrefix="ddls" TagName="dropdownboxes" src="~/test/DDLs.ascx" %> now as i said there are 2 Dropdownlist boxes ( ddl1 and ddl2) in this user control.what i want is to access the selected value of these dropdownboxes in the content page and pass them t...

How can I access the property a control on a master page from the master page's code behind.
On my master page I have a label. I want to change this label's text property based on an element of the querystring. (label.text = "NewValue")All child pages using this master will display the same thing so I was trying to put the code in the master page so as not to have to duplicate it for the child pages or put it in a base class and use FindControl.Is it possible to access from a master page's codebehind the property of a server control that is placed on a master page's aspx? If so how?(I saw similar questions, but they all came from the view of a child accessing the property.)Thank you...

Master Page Method: Code-Behind for Content Page
I'm using the Master Page method on my site, but I'm having a problem with using the content page's code-behind doc (VB). If I place a block of code in the Master Page's code-behind file, it works great. But if I place that same block of code in the content page's code-behind page, it doesn't work.I thought that I had everything set up properly, but obviously the content's CB is not being called properly from the content page. Below is my code. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.Master Code-Behind Page(MasterPage.master.vb) Partial Class Mast...

Value of the control at Master page is not being set from the content page
I am trying to set the value of the control at Master Page from the child page(content page) but the value of the control at master page is not changing.."Hope its your Solution so Mark it as Answer"Ahmad SheikhMicrosoft Valuable Geekhttp://sharpcontents.blogspot.com Here is a good tutorial on doing this from scott. http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx here is the part you are looking for I think. Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, _                     &...

How to acess the master page control value in content page
i want to acess the control which is the part of master page. i want that contol`s  value on the content page.   Friend, try to implement the logic mentioned here http://forums.asp.net/t/1272824.aspx and this one http://wiki.lessthandot.com/index.php/ASP.NET:_Access_Master_Page_controls_from_the_Content_Page Good luck!Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Hi, You can try to refer this article:  Passing Information Between Content and Master Pages&...

Using code behind from master page on content page
I have specified a dataset that has been filled from a sql stored procedure in my master page code behind. I'm wondering if I can reference that dataset from one of my content pages in the code behind with no errors. If not, does that mean I have to copy/paste the same code to access the data from the stored procedure again? Yes, that's perfectly fine. You should use the MasterPageType directive at the top of the content page, which will then mean that when you refer to this.Master in its code behind you get a strongly typed access to the master page, and can hence access its prope...

Is there a way to select a value on the master page Content 1 and have that var avalible on sub page content 2?
Is there a way to select a value on the master page Content 1 and have that var avalible on sub page content 2? I want the user to choose a student # on the master page in Content 1.  This function works. I then have sub pages that have different tables to fill out.  I want the user to choose a number and have that number appear in the content 2. Thanks for any suggestions:) Hi BatmanFan, Since you've closed this question, could you please share with us the solution? Thanks.David QianMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if ...

Get Selected Value for SqlDataSource Select Parameter located in Content Page from ListBox located in Master Page
i wanna Get Selected Value for SqlDataSource's Select Parameter located in Content Page from ListBox located in Master Page ? So how can i do that ?   Thanks in Advance..I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Write a public property in the MasterPage that returns the ListBox text/value, so that you can call it in your contentpages. public partial class MasterPage1 : System.Web.UI.MasterPage{    public string ListBoxValue {        get { return ListBox1.SelectedItem.Value; } ...

Having Problem in Posting Value from a Content Page to another Content Page within a Same Master Page
Hello, I have a Master Page which contains two Content pages named: Default.aspx and Default2.aspx. I want to post a TextBox1 value (in Default.aspx) to Default2.aspx in the Master Pages and all my pages are in ContentPlaceHolder, but it is not working.   Is there Any kind of help?  Hi,you can pass value between two web forms by Query string, session  or by using cookieFor query string  refer : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/QueryString.aspxSession: save session in default.aspx Session("t1")=text1.text retrieve session astext2.text = session(&quo...

accessing controls in master page and adding event to content page
Hi  I've currently got a control on my master page and i'm trying to write an even on the content page that fires when the button is clicked, I don't think it is working though. Can someone help? The code is below:  masterpage <asp:ImageButton id="imgButton" runat="server"/> code behind Public Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load, Me.Load Public ReadOnly Property lnkbFromMasterPage() As ImageButtonGetReturn imgButtonEnd GetEnd Property  content page code behind: Public Sub Page_Load(ByVa...

Web resources about - Adding dropdowns Programatically To content page in Master Page and retrieving selected value in code behind - asp.net.navigation-controls

Programatically assigning a Customer Group in Magento
... or thousands. The Customer Group might change because you want the specific customer to be in a different group, or you might want to programatically ...

Authentication - LinkedIn Developer Network
Authentication Wed, 01/12/2011 - 12:12 — LIDeveloperAdmin LinkedIn Authorization When your application acts on behalf of our members, it's important ...

User plod - Stack Overflow
Stack Exchange log in - careers - chat - meta - about - faq Stack Overflow Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question plod less info ...

Pipeline (Unix) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Unix-like computer operating systems (and, to some extent, Microsoft Windows ), a pipeline is the original software pipeline : a set of processes ...

okTravel's Data Sources
Features information of where okTravel gets its data, and maybe even why certain data sources were chosen over others.

Text Readability Scores - Web Development in Brighton - Added Bytes
hi! neat script! the layout seems to be broken, though. I get loads of whitespace between the input box of the script and your last paragraph. ...

Startup News: Save Amit, and Hm, Not Too Many Launches Last Week
CONQUER THE WORLD. Startup Weekend just closed a partnership with the Kauffman Foundation ; now it’s announced a two-year agreement with Google ...

Blippy / The Blippy Blog
The Official Blippy.com Blog

On designing UIs for non-robots
In a typical, attentive human subject, the usual latency between a visual stimulus and a voluntary motor response is between 100 and 300 milliseconds. ...

DDS Hands On « Bulldozer00's Blog
Introduction In 2009, I downloaded RTI Inc.’s Data Distribution Service (DDS) communication middleware software developer kit along with a free ...