'_Master' does not contain a definition for 'Context'

 its first time happening to me.

 i have only one file in my asp.net website. the Master page

this is the code behind class of this master page

namespace Asif.Website
{
    public partial class _Master : System.Web.UI.MasterPage
    {

    }
}

 when i publish this website it reports an error

 '_Master' does not contain a definition for 'Context'

When i remove the "Namespace" and class is without namespace it works fine.

i say "TheBeerHouse" guy used namespaces in master page and web pages his solution does not throw any error to me

what do you think?

thanks

http://www.EasyStoreCreator.com/
Everything your business needs to build an online store.
------------------------------
First Click DAL
http://asifashraf.com/FirstClickDal.asp
------------------------------
ASP.NET 3.5/sql server/svn hosting
http://asifashraf.com/Aspnet3_5Hosting.asp
0
AsifAshraf

We are sorry, we cannot get the same error on our labs.

Please make sure the Inherits property's value is "Asif.Website._Master" @master directive.

Amanda Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Amanda
9/8/2008 9:32:14 AM

I had that problem, and then I realize that my fingers were too big and I misspelled a word.  Check your Inherits to see if it matches you .cs file.

I hope this helps.

Elmo

0
CElmore
10/30/2008 9:53:46 PM

  Another cause of this issue is the auto-generated partial _Master is under a different namespace than the partial _Master implementation.

0
tmelkumov

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

'Roles' does not contain a definition for 'GetUsersInRole'
 Dear All, I do not know why it happend to my website suddenly!   I did not have any error now it keeps get errors and do not know any definition for Roles!!!! something like this:  if (Roles.IsUserInRole(theUser, "x")) there is blue underline under 'isUserInRole' ??!!!!   Thanks for your helps in advance, Regards, Salma Happy coding........ Hi sali1982, It's really strange that you suddenly get the problem. I think you first need to check whether you've enabled role in web.config. Also, you need to check whether ...

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'b'..'a'

'double' does not contain a definition for 'Format'
I'm getting an error saying double does not contain a definition for "FORMAT" any ideas... <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls" %> <script language="c#" runat="server"> void Calculate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) { int loanPrincipal = Convert.ToInt32(Request.Form["loanPrincipal"]); int loanTaxes = Convert.ToInt32(Request.Form["loanTaxes"]); int loanInsur...

'or' or 'union'

'type' does not contain a definition for 'length'
Could anybody help me with this, thanks so much //Copyright (C) 2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. // Hello1.cs public class Hello1 { int OneToZero(int[] args) { int iCount = 0; for (int i=0; i < args.length ; i++) { if (args[i] == 1) { iCount++; args[i] = 0; } } return iCount; } public static void Main(string[] args) { int[] iArr = {1, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 7}; Hello1 test = new Hello1(); int iNumOnes; System.Console.WriteLine("Values of the array: [ "); ...

'SiteMap' does not contain a definition for 'CurrentNode'?
Not sure what happens but I can't access all SiteMap's properties. I'm using Ajax-enabled site and applied a Master Page.  What I'm trying to do is change current node title at run time and I saw some posts: SiteMapNode currentNode = SiteMap.CurrentNode.Clone(true);SiteMapNode tempNode = currentNode; tempNode.Title = "xx";tempNode.Description = "xx"; Thanks in advance, Frank   The following is the error message: Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the followin...

'CreditCard' does not contain a definition for 'GetCreditCardDetails'
In my Confirm.aspx page I am using a method from a dll. In VS 2005 sometimes when I compile my project(web site) in which the dll is a part of the solution it gives me following error,Confirm.aspx.cs(220): error CS0117: 'CreditCard' does not contain a definition for 'GetCreditCardDetails' I verified many times that the method exists. To solve the errror I have to remove the dll from the bin and give reference again. Yesterday I deployed the dll and didn't receive any error while compilation. But received error after accessing Confirm.aspx. Can someone please hel...