SQL Stored Procedure to MySQL Stored Procedure Conversion

Hi, I am trying to convert a stored procedure written for sql to one that will work in mysql. I understand that I have to set the variables as IN , but I don't know what to do with the rest of the code. The following is the sql stored procedure that I am trying to convert to msql stored procedure:

CREATE PROCEDURE Register_User
(@userName Varchar(50),
(@PassWord Varchar(50),
(@FirstName Varchar(50),
(@LastName Varchar(50)
)
AS

IF EXISTS(SELECT u_ID
FROM User_ID
Where u_UserName=@UserName)
RETURN -1
ELSE
INSERT User_ID(
u_UserName,
u_PassWord,
u_FirstName,
u_LastName,
) VALUES (
@UserName,
@PassWord,
@FirstName,
@LastName,
)
RETURN @@IDENTITY
GO

Thank you for your time and help.
0
ProgMaster

Help Converting MS Sql Server Stored Procedure to MySql Stored Porcedure
 I'm currently working my way through Imar Spaanjaars N-Layer application using ASP.NET 3.5 (Parts 1-6 http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=476 ) only I am using MySql 5.1 as my database. I think I've got all the stored ptocedures but one converted and I can't quite figure out how to do it. If someone could help me please I'd appreciate much. Here's the stored procedure: CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[sprocEmailAddressSelectList] @contactPersonId int, @startRowIndex int = -1, @maximumRows int = -1, @recordCount int = NULL OUTPUT AS IF (@recordCount IS NO...

SQL Stored Procedure Issue
This is the Stored Procedure below ->  SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GOSET ANSI_NULLS ON GO /****** Object:  Stored Procedure dbo.BPI_SearchArchivedBatches    Script Date: 5/18/2007 11:28:41 AM ******/if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id = object_id(N'[dbo].[BPI_SearchArchivedBatches]') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure') = 1)drop procedure [dbo].[BPI_SearchArchivedBatches]GO /****** Object:  Stored Procedure dbo.BPI_SearchArchivedBatches    Script Date: 4/3/2007 4:50:23 PM ******/ /****** Object:  Stored Proc...

Calling a stored procedure inside another stored procedure (or "nested stored procedures")
Hi all - I'm trying to optimized my stored procedures to be a bit easier to maintain, and am sure this is possible, not am very unclear on the syntax to doing this correctly.  For example, I have a simple stored procedure that takes a string as a parameter, and returns its resolved index that corresponds to a record in my database. ie exec dbo.DeriveStatusID 'Created' returns an int value as 1 (performed by "SELECT statusID FROM statusList WHERE statusName= 'Created')  but I also have a second stored procedure that needs to make reference to&n...

sql count using stored procedure withing stored procedure
I have a stored procedure that among other things needs to get a total of hours worked. These hours are totaled by another stored procedure already. I would like to call the totaling stored procedure once for each user which required a loop sort of thing for each user name in a temporary table (already done) total = result from execute totaling stored procedure Can you help with this Thanks It would be easier if you can change the stored procedure into a function. Once you do that, the total can be calculated easily with something like thisSelect Sum(dbo.CalculateHours(User...

MS SQL stored procedures inside another stored procedure
Hi,  Do you know how to write stored procedures inside another stored procedure in MS SQL.   Create procedure spMyProc inputData varchar(50) AS  ----- some logical    procedure spMyProc inputInsideData varchar(10) AS    --- some logical   ---  go ------- What exactly are tou trying to do? ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Like Function, you can have one function inside another another function. Function1 () {    Function2() } How about store procedure ? spProc1 { &n...

How to convert Sql Server Stored Procedures into Oracle Stored Procedures
Hi All, I am migrating from sql server2000 to oracle. I have moved all table into oracle manually. Now I need to move stored procedure. I don't know how to convert sql server stored procedure into oracle stored procedure form. Is there any tool which will convert directly. Please some one help me. Thank you.    Hi there,Please use the tool bellow, which does the job you want. http://www.swissql.com/products/sqlserver-to-oracle/sql-server-to-oracle.html thanks sharp guy...

Execute stored procedure from stored procedure
Hello,i need to execute a stored procedure from another stored procedure. For example:StoredProcedure1: Returns a table with columns "year" and "value".StoredProcedure2: Also returns a table with columns "year" and "value".In Stored Procedure3: I would like to use the results from StoredProcedure1 and StoredProcedure2 and join them. Can somebody give me an example how to execute a stored procedure from another one and use the result table for a new command?Kind regards and thanks,carsaw hi,first off all let me clarify here - you cannot return ta...

calling a stored procedure from a stored procedure
Hi Group! I'm on ASA 8.02 Build 4411 writing sprocs in WATCOM SQL. I have a sproc which breaks a given string-parameter into pieces. It's result set contains the pieces, e.g. last line of sproc: "select item from mytable;". This sproc works fine. Now I need to call this procedure from another procedure which has a variable result set. I tried the following: <snip... set ll_retval = 0; call sp_breakstring(as_bzp,','); BreakLoop: while ll_retval <> 100 and not ll_retval < 0 loop set li_zaehler = li_zaehler + 1; fetch next sp_breakstrin...

Calling a Stored Procedure from a Stored Procedure
Can you do this? I have a sp that returns a list of eligible accounts and then I use that list in other sp but I don't want to keep copying the code, I would like to be able to use it as a sub query in other sp but I don't know if this is possible or what the syntax would be. Thanks, Aaron You cannot do that directly. You can: 1. Use User defined functions which can return a resultset 2. Use a local #temp table which can hold the resultset of the called stored procedure and use this #temp table in your subsequent processing INSERT #tempTable EXEC s...

store procedure to mysql sql command problems
Can anyone show me how to change this store procedure to SQL command. Before that i use MSSQL server, i create store procedure to get certain employee's record. " Create procedure admin ( @Username nvarchar(50), @name nvarchar(50) Output, @title nvarchar(50) output ) as Select @name = adminname, @title = admintitle From Admin Where AdminID = @Username " so now if i want to get two output by using satu transact - sql command only, can make it? I mean if i use MySQL ver4.1 window. Thanks Thank you very much.best regards,floren...

VB.NET SQL stored procedure: procedure has no parameters and arguments were supplied
VB.NET SQL stored procedure: procedure has no parameters and arguments were supplied Please assist me:This erorr message is produce when calling the stored procedure in vb.netProcedure AutomateMatterNumber has no parameters and arguments were supplied."MS SQL 2000stored procedure:*/CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.AutomateMatterNumber ASDECLARE @nextMtr AS BIGINTDECLARE @dtToday AS DATETIMEIF NOT EXISTS(SELECT * FROM tempMatter WHERE DATEDIFF(dd,DateSet,GETDATE())=0 )BEGINDELETE FROM tempMatter-- incase there are some old recordsSELECT TOP 1 @nextMtr= CONVERT(BIGINT, MatterNumber) + 1 ,@dtTod...

Using ADO.NET Execute Second Stored Procedure Depending of Output of First Stored Procedure
When a user logs onto the app, I capture their UserId, today's date and thier WINNT using ADO.NET calling a stored procedue-no problem. Now, once the above mention fields have been populated, when the same user logs on again and this time click their daily attendance time, I need to execute and update stored procedure-no problem. Each time the user logs onto the attendance page, they need to be able to view the previuos time stamps, on page load.- no problem The problem is that I cannot get all three to work in concert, although they will work independently, somewhat. Sotred proc...

Calling a stored procedure from another stored procedure
Hello, I am now using Interbase again for a project and I am trying to do this: begin /* Procedure Text */ /* Steps: - Verify if protocol exists and fetch protocol id - add activity - add document - add activity protocol reeturn document id */ select id from protocols where protocols.protname = :protocol into :protid; /* protocol exists? Gooooood! */ if ( :protid is not null ) then begin execute addactivity(:userid,'New document') returning_values :actid; execute adddocument( :docname,:docpath...

Running a stored procedure within a stored procedure
I have a stored procedure (A), which I need to call from another stored procedure (B). The data pulled from (B) is then inserted into a temporary table. The problem I am having is the stored procedure is in a loop, and it only runs once. I need it to run each time the statement loops. For example: In the cursor I have, there are 3 rows, so the statement should return 3 rows. However, only 1 row is returned, it looks like the stored procedure is only one once. What do I have to do to get it to loop?? DECLARE dCURSOR CURSOR FOR select ID, value1, value2 from table; OPEN dCU...

Web resources about - SQL Stored Procedure to MySQL Stored Procedure Conversion - asp.net.mysql

Gene conversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gene conversion is the process by which one DNA sequence replaces a homologous sequence such that the sequences become identical after the conversion ...

Family of Enrique Marquez unaware of his 2014 marriage, conversion to Islam
The family members of Enrique Marquez, the man linked to the San Bernardino massacre, said they were unaware he was married or that he had converted ...

Effective Strategies for Increasing E-Commerce Conversions
... tips for improving your ecommerce strategy and related outcomes. Social signals are a powerful tool for engaging users and increasing conversion ...

Christmas Verse: A tale of conversion or, as Christians view it, re-birth
The Journey of the Magi, T. S. Eliot 'A cold coming we had of it, Just the worst time of the year For a journey, and such a long journey: The ...

Revisiting Carlos Martinez's rotation conversion
... thanks to his pitch mix, then it sure sounded like it could be possible. Now, almost a full year later, I wanted to revisit Martinez's conversion. ...

Dow to Force Conversion of Buffett Preferreds If Rally Holds
Bloomberg Dow to Force Conversion of Buffett Preferreds If Rally Holds Bloomberg Dow Chemical Co., which has been paying $255 million annually ...

​Judge orders N.J. "gay conversion" nonprofit to close
Jews Offering New Alternatives for Healing, known as JONAH, ordered to cease operations within 30 days

Malaysian mother loses court battle over conversion of children to Islam
A kindergarten teacher in Malaysia is to appeal to a higher court after she lost a case challenging the conversion of all her three children ...

Council votes to ban gay 'conversion' therapy in Cincinnati
Cincinnati follows four states and the District of Columbia banning the therapy, becoming the first city outside D.C. to do so.

Solar Frontier Pushes CIS (aka CIGS) Thin Film Solar Envelope With New Conversion Record, Factory Model ...
Japan's Solar Frontier comes up with a killer combo, a new low cost thin film solar manufacturing model and a new solar conversion efficiency ...