Problems w code behind & MySql Connector.Net

Hi,

I've installet MySql Connector.Net and I'm using it successfully in those scripts where I don't split the code from the presentation, but when I try to import MySql.Data namespace into code behind it's NOT working.
Imports MySql.Data.MySqlClient gives an error in code behind while
<%@ import Namespace=MySql.Data.MySqlClient %> works alright.
Any ideas?
Any workarounds?
TIA
Ohlywohly
0
ohlywohly

and the error is?
0
jeffreyAbecker
3/7/2005 9:11:46 PM
The error is a curvy line under the MySql.Data.MuSqlClient.

0
ohlywohly
3/8/2005 8:06:10 AM
well, there's a typo!
0
jeffreyabecker
3/8/2005 12:58:45 PM
What do you mean with A**?

0
ohlywohly
3/8/2005 1:37:34 PM
it is a word that neither I, nor the FCC considers indecent, yet the moderators here seem to.  it is a term for the part of your body on which you sit.
0
jeffreyabecker
3/8/2005 2:34:11 PM
Well, well...

Anyway I solved the problem, I added the MySql.Data.dll into the project's Referenses and now it works just as it should.
Ohlywohly.
0
ohlywohly
3/8/2005 2:52:41 PM
Yeah, that would do it.
0
jeffreyabecker
3/8/2005 3:37:52 PM
Hello:

Just wondering if you guys did anything special to make MySqlConnector get recognized by
<%@ import Namespace=MySql.Data.MySqlClient %>
I am new to .Net. so this is what I did to install:
- Install .NetFramework 1.1
- Install .NetFramework SP1
- Install MySqlConnector 1.04 ( I have MySql 4.1 loaded up long time ago and worked fine)
- MySql.Data is listed in the general assembly cache (by viewing from .NetFramework Configuration icon and using windows explorer winnt\assembly)
That was what I did without any manual configuration involved. However, my application did not recognize the <%@ import ...%>. aspx worked fine without this line. I am not using the VS.Net, only Web Matrix. Did I miss some process? Please advise. Many thanks.
0
osdotnet

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException with MySQL Connector.NET
Hi. I already tried many things and spent already 2 days without any success. Please help or I'll hang myself.I am using MySql.Data.dll  ver. 5.2.5.0 (runtime v2.0.50727) from my project (library). It works great if i use it from WindowsApplication but once i use it same way in WebApplication, it keeps throwing: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referencedException Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced .. AsyncResult ias = socket.BeginConnect(endPoint, null, null);.. (or w...

MySql .NET Connector Parameter Problem
I am trying to insert data into a MySql Database on the local machine. I first recieved the error of "Column 'content_type' cannot be null." I changed the parameter in the SQL from "@content_type" to "?". Now I am getting the error message of "Parameter '?' is not defined." I am adding the parameter to the parameters collection of the MySqlCommand, but apparently it isn't getting added. Here is a portion of the code:strSql="insert into images(content_type) values(?);";sqlCmd=new MySqlCommand(strSql,sqlCnn);sqlCmd.Parameters.Add(new MySqlParameter("@content_type","jpeg"));I searched the forum...

MySql ado.net connector problem
My host doesn't offer SqlServer, so I'm taking a swing at MySql and so far I'm getting a FileNotFoundException in my asp.net app when I try to instantiate a MySqlConnection object. I have added a reference to the dll and including the namespace in my using directive. Here is the stack trace: [FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.] [FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name 'MySql.Data, Version=1.0.4.20163, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d', or one of its dependencies, was not found.]    TheHudsonDrags.Back...

MySQL
Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

ADO.NET MySql Connector
I am having an issue with parameterized queries. I am using the .NET connector. Dim connStr As String connStr = "server=localhost;user id=root; password=pwd; database=test; pooling=false" Dim conn As New MySqlConnection(connStr) Dim command As New MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO pictures(name,filename) VALUES (@name,@filename)", conn) command.Parameters.Add("@name", txtName.Text) command.Parameters.Add("@filename", txtFilename.Text) conn.Open() command.ExecuteNonQuery() ...

MySql Connector .NET and the DbProviderFactory
Hi there... I have downloaded the MySql Connector .NET form www.mysql.com . My connectionstring uses the MySql.Data.MySqlClient provider. When i use the DbProviderFactiry to create connections, readers and so on, it comes up with and error, saying that the provider has not been installed proberly... What is the proper way? If i don't use the DbProviderFactiry, and use the MySql Connector .NET like this:             MySqlDataReader reader = null;             try  &n...

MySQL .Net Connector / PermissionState
HiI have written a WindowsControlLibrary that needs to connect to MySQL from an aspx page. I need a way to write the following code with the mysql-connector-net-5.1.3new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission (PermissionState.Unrestricted).Assert();SqlConnection MSconn = new SqlConnection(MSSQLConn); MSconn.Open();//Do my insert. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission.RevertAssert();  The MySql driver does not seem to have the Permissions........ It does have a MyClientFactory  Members which has a CreatePermission method I am just not sure how to work with it.  Any ...

Which mySql connector for which .NET version
Hi all,I couldn't find out which connectors target which .net versions. I have tried http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/ but could not see which are meant to target which .NET versions.Thanks for your time.  http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.htmlI guess this connector is backward compatible too, like the Oracle's.. So you may not have any issues Kumar Reddi As I understand it, you have the following: 5.2 is intended for VS 2008/.NET 3.5 5.1 is intended for VS 2005/.NET 2.0 as well as the Compact Framework 2.0 5.0 is unclear though it is appare...

Problems w/ DBD::mysql Perl module after upgrading MySql
I just spent an unpleasant Friday evening getting Bugzilla (v3.2) running again after I upgraded MySQL to 5.0.51a on my Debian server. After the upgrade (part of upgrading Debian, which also upgraded Perl to v5.10), checksetup.pl would abort with an error, complaining about an "undefined symbol in lib/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql.so: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr." To make a long story short, I ended up deleting (renaming, actually) the whole 'lib/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi' directory in the 'bugzilla' directory, and running install-modules.pl --all ...

Error using mySQL connector/Net
hello, I had a project i was using Devart.Data.MySQL to connect to my mysql databases, however it was aparently a trial version and has expired.  I want to switch over to use connector/Net so i went to the site downloaded v6.0, installed it, and went to bin folder/add reference, went to the assembly, added mysql.data and i says when i run it: 'MySqlCommand' is not defined. if i click on the error it suggests "import data.mysql.mysqlclient" however if i do that, it then gives the error 'MySqlCommand' is ambiguous in the namespace 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient&...

mysql and .net
Hi there, i am new to .net and i am trying to setup a simple form. I am an open source person and what i am asking can be done easily using php and mysql; but i need to know how to do this in .net project asap. i have three forms; form1 submit to the database and redirect to form2 and form2 submit to the database and redirect to form3. i want to grab mysql last inserted id from form1 to form2 while redirecting and pass it via the url. i am able to select from the database, but i don't know how to assign it to a variable; here is what i have so far: str2 = "select last_ins...

mysql connector .net terminate my database
hi recently i have started using mysql connector .net 5.0.5 for my application, when i testing the application at my localhost it's work fine. but when i upload to the server the system have terminate my database after i review my application.below is the error i get Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.Exception Details: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown....

Net::MySQL
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C30A6E.486AE070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Anyone run into this problem=20 $mysql->query(q{ INSERT INTO dbname (table_name) VALUES ( $var ) }); The problem is, when I assign a value to a $var that value is ignored in = the SQL statement. Ive tried every operator I know to get it to look at = it and accept the value as input into the DB. Ive tried=20 ( '$var' ) ("$var") ("\$var") ([$var]) ({$var}) Any ideas ? Kind regards...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Web resources about - Problems w code behind & MySql Connector.Net - asp.net.mysql

Connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Logitech unveils CREATE Keyboard for iPad Pro, available in November w/ Smart Connector support
... that CREATE works seamlessly with all of the unique features of the iPad Pro. For one, CREATE is powered by the iPad Pro via its Smart Connector, ...

Apple's iPad Pro Smart Connector open to accessory makers, Logitech Create keyboard coming in Nov.
Aside from its larger 12.9-inch Retina display, the biggest external design change on the iPad Pro is a new port dubbed the Smart Connector. ...

Beats Pill+ is an elegant Bluetooth speaker with Apple Lightning connector
... mind it, but many accessories, such as mobile keyboards and speakers, charge with micro USB. it would be nice if more things used Apple's connector. ...

Panasonic Develops Single Cable and Connector Solution for Transmission of Full-Spec 8K Video Signals ...
Panasonic Corporation today announced that it has developed single cable and connector solution that enable the transmission of uncompressed ...

IDG Contributor Network: Putting the pieces together: A connector extraordinaire of the IBM ecosystem ...
Sandy Carter is a social business leader, influential speaker and author. She is currently general manager of IBM ecosystems and social business ...

China-based Luxshare becoming threat to Taiwan connector makers, says paper
China-based connector maker Luxshare ICT has announced a private fund raiser to raise CNY4.6 billion (US$720.34 million) for capacity expansion ...

A Day In Harlem With TV Personality And People Connector Bevy Smith
Harlem's biggest advocate schools us on the neighborhood's historic greatness. While most who know her would describe Bevy Smith as a woman ...

News: Apple patent application reveals method for weatherproofing iPhone connectors
A new Apple patent application reveals that Apple may be working on a new method of weatherproofing iPhone connectors such as the Lightning port ...

Apple May Replace 3.5mm Headphone Jack on iPhone 7 With All-in-One Lightning Connector
Apple is planning to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack on the next-generation iPhone in favor of an all-in-one Lightning connector… Similar to ...