Problems connecting to MySQL through MyODBC using ODBC.NET

Help ! Another learner...

I am trying to connect to mySQL through MyODBC using ODBC.NET and have the following setup on a W2K machine....
1. mySQL 4.0.15 database up and running (visible in Services). The DB is definitely there (I can see its contents through MySQL CC)
2. I have installed MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver and created a User DSN called myDSN. I can connect to the database via the 'Test Data Source' (at least its telling me that I've connected...)
3. Using WebMatrix, I have the following declarations in place :
<%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" CompilerOptions='/R:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Odbc.Net\Microsoft.data.odbc.dll"' %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %>
<%@ import Namespace="Microsoft.Data.Odbc" %>
4. Doing very little, I am trying to execute the following lines of code :
Dim MyConnection As New OdbcConnection("DSN=myDSN")
MyConnection.Open()
And get the following error :
ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
failing on the MyConnection.Open() command.

Do I need to have MSDE installed to be able to access MySQL ? Do firewalls cause issues ?Would it be easier to have everything stored as XML ?
I have trawled through loads of great instructions and sound advice on this forum and other places - but it escapes me why I am getting this error...
TIA,
FP
0
Flatpass

MySQL
Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

Can't connect to MySQL database using ODBC.NET
I recently downloaded and installed ODBC.NET from Microsoft Download Center site. I can reference the namespace (Microsoft.Data.Odbc) in my project and the code (C#) compiles just fine. However, at runtime, I cannot connect to the database. It keeps complaining about not being able to find the data source. The connection string is: "Driver={MySQL};SERVER=...;DATABASE=...;UID=...;PASSWORD=...;PORT=3306;OPTION=3;STMT=;" If I use MySQL ODBC driver, I have no problem whatsoever. The connection string is almost the same, only Driver={MySQL} is replaced by Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.5...

I need to insert data into a mySQL 4 DB using ODBC, and I'm using .NET 1.1
I think the subject line pretty much clears up what I need to do.  I've included the code below that I have so far, I think I've got the connection right, but I don't know how to insert the data in the table when the command button is clicked.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="False"  EnableSessionState="False" EnableViewState="False" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %><%Dim ConnStr As String = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=con...

Changing MySQL connection from .net component to ODBC
Hi there, we've completed our project and managed to run everything smoothly locally. However, when we uploaded all of the files online on our domain, it turns out that the database connection we used from MySQL to ASP.net is NOT SUPPORTED by our host. We are currently using the .net MySQL Component. Our host only supports ODBC connection. We could change all our files and change the lines that uses that .net MySQL component to ODBC, however, that would take so much time that we don't have. Anyone has any suggestions? If no one does then I think it's best to re...

connection Mysql C#.net in web.config problem help
 webconfig this code <connectionStrings> <add name="planku" connectionString="Server=localhost;user id=root;password=;database=planku;" providerName="mysql.data.mysqlclient"/></connectionStrings> <system.web><sessionState timeout="60" cookieless="AutoDetect" regenerateExpiredSessionId="true"/> <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true"><assemblies> <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, Publ...

whats better? using MyODBC or an ADO.NET data provider with MySQL?
I can find ByteFX, But Where did eInfoDesigns.dbProvider go? is ByteFX the best? Ok, I want opinions. First of all, which (MyODBC or ADO.NET provider) is easier to use using WebMatrix? (dont have $$ for VS) Which is faster? -Tim Normally one would answer that a native ADO.NET provider would be faster then an ODBC implementation. I can't back this up with figures though. I've been using MyODBC for my latest project, and it was very easy to use, your normal connection string (www.connectionstrings.com for details), and then OdbcCommand, OdbcAdapter, etc Currently odbc.ne...

Possible to connect the SqlDatasource with MySQL Connector/NET or is a ODBC driver required?
 Hi, I am using the MySQL Connector/NET 5.2.5.0 right now to use all the membersip stuff with my MySQL 5.0 database and it works great. Now I want to test this example http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-07.aspx (databinding a gridview to a datasource and enable editing) with my new MySQL-Connection. But when I want to choose a connection for my SqlDataSource there is no connection listed even though I have a connection in my web.config which already works with the membership stuff. This is my connection string: 1 <connectionStrings>2 <add na...

Problem to connect to MySQL server from Windows XP x64 .NET 2.0
Hi, I am trying to connect from my asp project to MySQL database. I downloaded MySQL Driver 3.51, but it is 32bit driver, so Visual Studio doesn't find it and gives me following error:ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.I am using following connection string:String sConString = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=mydb; UID=test; PASSWORD=test; OPTION=3"; and trying to connect as:OdbcConnection conn = new OdbcConnection(sConString);conn.Open();I found some postings that I need...

mySQL 5 + ODBC 3.51 + APS.NET 2.0 problem
 Can't compare colum beta from table and control parameter @beta in ASP.NET 2.0, when use MySQL server and ODBC 3.51 adapter, but with MS SQL server works fine. Please help !!!     sample code: id="DropDownList1"  runat="server"  autopostback="True">  <asp:listitem selected="True">ena</asp: listitem>  <asp:listitem> dva</asp:listitem >  <asp:listitem> tri</asp:listitem >  </asp:dropdownlist></ p>  <asp:sqldatasource  id="SqlDataSource1"  ...

HELP! using mysql .net ODBC data provider as backend for excel 2000 automation..
Ok, here's the deal. I am trying very hard to use MySQL as a backend for ASP.NET development (which works fine), and trying to create a reporting section that generates excel reports using Excel 2000. Has anyone tried this and is it feasible. Needless to say I am running into all sorts of problems. The MySQL odbc .net provider works fine and is able to connect to the database. for all other regular asp.net programming. eg. populating listboxes, databinding the datagrids, datasets etc. works perfectly. Enter excel 2000 reports; I have tried automating this through ASP.NET but it gives m...

Problem with Connection of Informix .NET Provider with .NET.
Hello All, I am facing problem regarding connection of .NET with IBM Informix .NET Data Provider.I got a help from IBM site of Manual to connect with .NET and accessing informix as a informix .net data provider you need to import IBM.Informix.data as a namespace to access .NET based informix classes as similar to access sql server using namespace system.data.sqlclient.In that manual written as following---- Before you use the IBM Informix .NET Provider, you must execute the script, cdotnet.sql, against the sysmaster database as the user informix. So, my problem is that...

Connecting to MySQL from VS.Net
I can connect to SQL server in VS.Net, but I cannot get to connect to my remote MySQL server. It would be great if I could use the same UI to admin the two server. Anyone know how I can do this ?...

Web resources about - Problems connecting to MySQL through MyODBC using ODBC.NET - asp.net.mysql

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...