Only MySqlParameter objects may be stored

The following code is giving me an error, the strange thing is that identical code on the live server is running fine but not on my local machine or on my laptop. I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Only MySqlParameter objects may be stored

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Only MySqlParameter objects may be stored

Source Error:

Line 4:
Line 5:      Protected Sub srcMaster_Selecting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceSelectingEventArgs)
Line 6:          e.Command.Parameters.Add(New MySqlParameter("Username", User.Identity.Name))
Line 7:      End Sub
Line 8:

www.LinkToIslam.net
0
KashifB

It was the MySql Net Connector. The site was built using version 5.0.8.1 hence it doesn't work with any other version not even 5.0.8!

www.LinkToIslam.net
0
KashifB

how to get data from multiple databases in MySql and store it in a view or any other Object of MySql.
hi everybody we have a issue like we want to retrieve data from multiple databases in MySql and store it in a view or any other object of MySql. any help on this would be highly appreciated. Have you tried using the search tool of this forum?there's a bunch of topic listed in there.. :)Cheers, ------------------------------------------------Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commonsense. ---Buddha (563BC-483BC) try to find some tools if you are not able to then do fol...

.NET objects stored in Session
This may seem like a simple question but I'm wondering if there are any difficulties in storing objects like datasets, buz objects, etc, in session. I remember in asp 3 this was a big no-no. Also, if I do store a buz object in session, and that object has holds references to data objects (connections, adapters, etc) could that cause problems with too many connections to the database. I ask because occasionally I receive an error stating the max connection pool has been reached. Ok, so that was 2 questions. This forums has almost always helped me in the past. Thanks guys (and gals.)...

may may may may

can you tell me where to download the open code of the .net pet stores and .net book stores
Hello,I have heard that the .net pet store and .net book stores are very usefull for one to learn asp.net .So I hope that someone can give me the url address to downloal them.    Thank you very much. Enterprise code samples - those and more.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog Thank you very much!                            ...

Replace the .NET 1.1 Behavior-Object with the .NET 2.0 Tag-Object , How to?
Hello, to set the Style - Attribute of my custom controls tag in source view from within its designer i use now the following code:Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("Left", false, val, true);This works fine but my visual studio 2005 / asp.net 2.0 says that the Behavior object is obsolete. The recommended alternative is the Tag object. But when i use it to set the Style attribute it doesn't work . I can set all other attributes or even create new ones using this Tag object but it does'nt work for the style attribute at all. What am i doing wrong? If I can't set the style attribute in my custom contr...

storing images in MySQL database with vb.net
Hi All, I want to store images in MySQL database through a web page in asp.net. I could not find any article in asp.net with vb.net. Some body has done or knows the solution then tell me the article Thanx in advance Hussain Shah You could upload the file onto your server, and have a field in your database pointing to the directory/filename.Microsoft ASP.NET Enthusiast This article is not VB but not hard to understand , reading this maybe help . http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/simpleuploadimage.asp Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on...

May i store the image in session object and assign to Image control
Hi, Iam working on online resume application where User can upload their photo too and i dont want to store photo in database nor in the folder my question is may i store photo in session object and will assign the that session object value as URL to Image control .? Suggestions are welcome. Best Regardslife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps Hi, it is possible if you store it as bytes to session (grab it from the upload control directly) - then display to user with a http handler which writes ther image from session ton response stream, but remember that it ca...

Problem accessing SQL Stored Procedure From .Net using hibernate object
Hi, I am calling a SQL Stored procedure from .net application using Hibernate object, but somehow its telling me "The 'callable' attribute is not declared.", I am not sure what's wrong I have done here. Will really appreciate if someone can help me for this. Herewith I am providing my Stored Procedure, my .hbm file and code to call it. can someone pls tell me what's wrong in this? Also, if possible, pls tell me how to set result in a list object. Thanks in advance, ######################################### MY STORED PROCEDURE : ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[RulesDetails_...

OracleCommand Object with stored procedure in Oracle 10.2 (ODP.Net)
 Dear All! i am using the oracle command with oracle database (v 10.2), the  command object has some parameters, some of them are of type input and 2 of them are of type Out put. But when we execute the command the output parameter of the command object shows the null value. i do not know wot is the exact problem. here is the code Private Sub PrepareInTransitCommand(ByRef pCancelCompleteLog As DA.Common.CancelCompleteLog, _                        &n...

Object to Object Initialization in C#.net
Hi, I want to Initialization the the base class object to derived class object. but it gives an error in c#.Net. It's works fine in VB.Net bt in c#.net dosn't work. what exactly i m doing as follows; class class1 { pubic int i; } class class2 : class1 { // some method .... } in the main function. static void main() { class1 c1 = new class1(); class c2; c2=c1; // this is  not workin in c#.net alougth it's woks fine in vb.net class c2 = new class1(); // i don't want  like this. is there any onther way in c# to acheive this. please help me.. }Sandeep...

MySQL
Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

DynaScript objects stored in the session object?
I just want to see if anyone has had problems storing DynaScript objects in the session? I want to be as OO as possible, and if I can carry objects around with me in the session, it would be great. I've been outta NID/PD for a while, and am starting a new project. Dave Wolf Sybase Professional Services We haven't had any problems (so far) storing a connection object as a session var. David Lance Wolf <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in article <34FAC68A.AFA057D8@sybase.com>... > I just want to see if anyone has had problems storing DynaScript objects > in ...

Deploying .Net application with datawindow .Net objects
Hi I=92ve been testing datawindow .net for our company by building a small working application using the Datawindow .Net tutorial. It works great (both from the VS interface and the compiled solution .exe) and was easy to create. My next test is to try and deploy this application to another machine, which has the .Net (1.1) environment but no Powerbuilder or Visual Studio. I built my solution and placed these files, all in one folder, on this other machine: datawindow.dll datawindow.xml DataWindowInterop.dll MSVCP71.DLL MSVCR71.DLL PBDATA100.dll PBDWN100.DLL PBO10100.D...

Web resources about - Only MySqlParameter objects may be stored - asp.net.mysql