mysql: how do i go about retrieving data from a mysql database?

Hi all,

Using vb.net, whats the best way to get data from a mysql database? I want to write a class that does this for me

0
cyberconian

http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/net/
Download MySQL connector from above link, reference it in your project and put it in the Bin folder of your project. Make a connection string in your web.config, and build a data class and a data access class in your preferred language. The data class being a representation of your table, and the data access class recieving the data object as a parameter to its insert, delete and update functions. Then link an objectdatasource to your data object class and data access class, and then you can link asp.net controls to that objectdatasource, such as a gridview or repeater. This is a programmatic approach since you have to construct the data classes on your own rather than having VS construct a tableadapter and so on...
If my post answered your question feel free to mark it as Answer.
0
GoGus

How to attach a MySql database to a MySql database server.
Hi all, I have developed a web application in VS 2005, and it uses MySql 4.1 as database. Now, I have created the database and tables, and there is data in it. How can I copy this same database along with its tables and contents, to another server? Which all files should I copy? Is there any procedure to 'attach' a database? I use MySql  Manager to create databases and tables. Thanks Tomy Hi The best way to make a dump of your existsing MySql database is to use mysqldump utility which comes with any mysql server package. Here is a sample usage: "C:\Program File...

how to get data from multiple databases in MySql and store it in a view or any other Object of MySql.
hi everybody we have a issue like we want to retrieve data from multiple databases in MySql and store it in a view or any other object of MySql. any help on this would be highly appreciated. Have you tried using the search tool of this forum?there's a bunch of topic listed in there.. :)Cheers, ------------------------------------------------Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commonsense. ---Buddha (563BC-483BC) try to find some tools if you are not able to then do fol...

Create a MySQL database from another MySQL database or Backup
I'm starting on a new ASP.NET project using MySQL as backend. While I'm familiar with SQL2k, I'm totally new in MySQL. Here's my questions: 1) Given a Web Server for installing the MySQL database, what do I need to start off? MyODBC and/or some other mySQL connector or console? I read tutorial mention Telnet or Shell access. What's that? I know how to create a FTP database in SQL2k. How's that done in MySQL? 2) Also given a backup of a MySQL database as data source and a remote MySQL database the backup was made from, what are the technical steps to create my first MySQL dat...

mysql php5-mysql
Hi, i have installed mysqk from binaries itworks!!! but now how can i install php5-mysql and dependencies? Many thanks Thierry -- trazomtg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ When you say from the binaries, do you mean you installed via Yast and the Suse repositories?? It is always best to install via Yast-Software-Software Management if you can. This way all dependencies are done for you. -- gogalthorp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gogalthorp's Profile: http://forums.opensuse....

MySQL
Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

Retrieving certain data from MySQL database
Hi,  I'm a bit rusty with my ASP.net and C# skills. Been a little while since I have used them. Problem I'm having is very basic, I think.  I have setup a connection to my database and would like to select certain data for use with image tags. My sqldatasource is setup so that it gets all data from the table, which is what I require. I do not want multiple select statements as it could slow down the page drastically. Each row contains basic data about products and I have included an image url (/images/product.png) so when I retrieve the products details I use this ce...

MYSQL database server vs. MaxDB by MYSQL
Which one should I choose? I am starting a project in tight budget, and I think I will use MYSQL instead of SQL server for this one. This project will be in heavy load. (for commercial use) I am wondering if I should use the standard MySql or the MaxDB? I have no idea because they both are free or low in license cost if I have to pay. I read about the stuff on the mysql.com, it says only about 5000 clients are using MaxDB. is that a reason for that? or MaxDB only good for SAP? Please advice. I am currently using MaxDB and developing asp pages against it. Works great fo...

MySQL and exteNd: how to change MySQL data root permanently?
Our NW 6.5 server was upgraded fron NW 5.1 so its SYS volume has the traditional file system. When I try to start MySQL using mysqld_safe command it says that DATA directory is placed on non-NSS voume and exits. I can use -h paramater (myqsqld_safe -h <new DATA root>) but it does not solve my problem. I cannot install exteNd application server correctly because it unloads MYSQL_Safe daemon during installation and then loads it again using default settings (including incorrect data root). Is there a place where I can replace old DATA folder path permanently? Evgeniy Lot...

linked server MySql to Mysql
Can i make linked server from MySql to another Mysql server?...

Suse MySQL and MySQL workbench
I am looking at the downloads here 'MySQL :: Download MySQL Workbench' (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/1.0.html#downloads) and 'MySQL :: Download MySQL Community Server' (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/#downloads). As one is source code and the other is suse enterprise linux, are these the best downloads for MySQL on suse 11.3? Is there a best source for the install? Suse specific rpm's? -- flebber ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Try zypper or YAST first to look at the OpenSuSE repositories. ...

Bugzilla Error when importing data from Linux MySQL to Windows MySQL
Hi. I have successfully upgraded a Linux version of Bugzilla from 2.22 to 3.6.3 and mysqldump the data to an sql file. I then imported the sql file into the bugs database on a Windows Bugzilla 3.6.3 installation. All data is now visible within MySQL browser. I have then attempted to run up the Bugzilla application and I receive this error message DBD::mysql::db do failed: Column 'ipaddr' cannot be null [for Statement "INSERT INTO logincookies (cookie, userid, ipaddr, lastused) VALUES (?, ?, ?, NOW())"] at Bugzilla/Auth/Persist/ Cookie.pm lin...

Perl Mysql
Hi all, I am installing Bugzilla3 on a windowsXP box together with Mysql5.0.45 and ActivePerl-5.8.8.820. It passed the checksetup and created the database. However, when I point my Firefox to http://localhost/ I got the following error: install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.dll' for module DBD::mysql: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230. at (eval 34) line 3 Compilation failed in require at (eval 34) line 3. Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed...

DBD::mysql bad auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle file on OS X
Howdy group :) Having a bit of trouble getting DBD::mysql installed on OS X I get this error: root# perl -e 'use DBD::mysql;' Can't load '/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle' for module DBD::mysql: /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle(2): Not a recognisable object file at -e line 1 Compilation failed in require at -e line 1. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1. root# Here is what is in the directory: root# ls /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/au...

Retrieving Data from MySQL
  Hi, I have uploaded some data to a MySQL database from an ASP.NET 1.x  application. However all of the data in my database table except the ones in the docDate field and docID is NULL. The only fields that show any data are the docDate field and the docID field which show the date and time of the upload and the ID of the uploaded file. Prior to this I tried to set each of the fields up so that the data are Not Null but VS2003 gave the error message  "Column can not be null" .  I thought that by setting them up as Not NULL one will be able to see ...

Web resources about - mysql: how do i go about retrieving data from a mysql database? - asp.net.mysql

Mother of three killed landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving her son's shirt
A mother of three has been found guilty of killing her landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving a red polo shirt her son needed for school ...

Retrieving bodies a 'horrifying' experience (01:43)
Anti-jump measures on the Story Bridge should be "fast tracked" and water police funding increased so CityCats don't have to pick up bodies. ...

Man drowns retrieving toy boat
A man has drowned after entering the Wimmera River at Horsham to retrieve a remote-controlled boat.

Bishop says there is no time limit on retrieving MH17 remains
THE Australian Federal Police have warned that it is too dangerous to approach the MH17 crash site in war-torn eastern Ukraine until security ...

Search underway for man swept away in Brisbane River while retrieving toy boat
A search is underway for a man swept away in the Brisbane River while retrieving a toy boat.

DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains
DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains People's Daily Online PYONGYANG, Oct. 13 The Democratic People's Republic ...

Father killed retrieving Christmas gifts from broken-down car
Richard Perrin, 57, was struck and killed by another driver early Saturday along Hwy 170 in Roanoke.

Yankee retrieving a big Canada
Yankee retrieving a big Canada

iPhone dev: Retrieving user phone numbers
... a secret to recovering user phone numbers that does not involve the … One of the most common questions I get these days has to do with retrieving ...

Girl stuck in Dover storm drain retrieving phone
A teenage girl gets stuck in a storm drain in Dover while trying to retrieve her mobile phone which had fallen into it.