mysql connector .net terminate my database

hi recently i have started using mysql connector .net 5.0.5 for my application, when i testing the application at my localhost it's work fine.
but when i upload to the server the system have terminate my database after i review my application.

below is the error i get

Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

Source Error:

Line 24:
Line 25: Using (con)
Line 26: con.Open()
Line 27: Dim reader As MySqlDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader()
Line 28: While reader.Read()

[Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.]
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() +521

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.]
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() +606
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) +94
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection() +30
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection() +61
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection() +202
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open() +359
configDAL.SelectField(String field) in C:\Domains\wwwroot\demo\App_Code\DAL\configDAL.vb:26
configBLL.SelectField(String field) in C:\Domains\wwwroot\demo\App_Code\BLL\configBLL.vb:29
_default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Domains\wwwroot\demo\default.aspx.vb:10
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

can i know what is the reason ?

0
etws14

this is what the exact error i get from the system. does anybody now the reason?

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Source Error:

Line 364: Using (con)
Line 365: con.Open()
Line 366: Dim reader As MySqlDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader()
Line 367: While reader.Read()
Line 368: colObject.Add( _

Source File: C:\Domains\wwwroot\demo\App_Code\DAL\newsDAL.vb Line: 366

Stack Trace:

[SocketException (0x2746): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host]
System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) +1018011
System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) +119

[IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.]
System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) +267
System.IO.BufferedStream.ReadByte() +103
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket() +78

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Reading from the stream has failed.]
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket() +346
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket() +113
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId) +123
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet() +102
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +924
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +1062
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader() +30
News.newsDAL.SelectAllLatestMonth() in C:\Domains\wwwroot\demo\App_Code\DAL\newsDAL.vb:366
News.newsBLL.SelectAllLatestMonth() in C:\Domains\wwwroot\demo\App_Code\BLL\newsBLL.vb:102

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +0
System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +72
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +296
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +29
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.InvokeMethod(ObjectDataSourceMethod method, Boolean disposeInstance, Object& instance) +482
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +2040
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.GetData() +50
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +232
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +53
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +72
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.EnsureDataBound() +55
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +12
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

0
etws14
4/29/2007 10:04:16 AM

Hi etws14,

Within last 2 days i have faced similar problems while trying to connect to mysql. I have tried different versions of server, connector etc. It is hard to directly answer your question but i want to tell you my experiences.

First of all you should use the source project of connector instead of using the mysql.data.dll directly. By this way you can get the source of the problem.

Anyway, let s come to my suggestions;

-  Close all the anti-virus and similiar network related programs.

- Check your winsock settings as written here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

Good luck

Yavuz Küçükpetek
http://www.dotnetgurus.net
0
yvzman
5/7/2007 7:45:06 PM
yvzman:

Hi etws14,

Within last 2 days i have faced similar problems while trying to connect to mysql. I have tried different versions of server, connector etc. It is hard to directly answer your question but i want to tell you my experiences.

First of all you should use the source project of connector instead of using the mysql.data.dll directly. By this way you can get the source of the problem.

Anyway, let s come to my suggestions;

-  Close all the anti-virus and similiar network related programs.

- Check your winsock settings as written here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

Good luck

thanks for your experience, but it is hard to trace the error because the error is not always occur.
ok i just tell you i am using windows server 2003 standard version, mysql connector/net 5.0, mysql 4.1.23 i think, and asp.net 2.0
0
etws14

I also got following error.

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()

Plz suggest me to resovle this issue

0
NWeb
6/3/2008 6:20:02 AM

Hi, this problem is very sticky in this forum. If you're site is hosted then you might like asking for support from your hosting provider for trust level issues.

MySQL  can run in both Full trust and Medium trust. So no big deal. :)

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commonsense. ---Buddha (563BC-483BC)
0
CLIPER

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException with MySQL Connector.NET
Hi. I already tried many things and spent already 2 days without any success. Please help or I'll hang myself.I am using MySql.Data.dll  ver. 5.2.5.0 (runtime v2.0.50727) from my project (library). It works great if i use it from WindowsApplication but once i use it same way in WebApplication, it keeps throwing: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referencedException Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced .. AsyncResult ias = socket.BeginConnect(endPoint, null, null);.. (or w...

mysql connector NET, web.config database connection
Hey folks!    So, what's my problem? I just started to use MySQL on one project. Database is 5.0.45-community-nt via TCP/IP. I'm using Connector NET 5.1.4 and .NET Framework 2.0. Ok, so I do get MySQL.Data and all from code behind. But I just want to use it like SQL connection, so from web.config. But when I try to do that, my connection just disappears from the list (say when you are choosing connections for datasource of web control). So obviously something is wrong in my web.config declaration of connection string:  <connectionStrings> <add name=&...

MySQL
Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

ADO.NET MySql Connector
I am having an issue with parameterized queries. I am using the .NET connector. Dim connStr As String connStr = "server=localhost;user id=root; password=pwd; database=test; pooling=false" Dim conn As New MySqlConnection(connStr) Dim command As New MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO pictures(name,filename) VALUES (@name,@filename)", conn) command.Parameters.Add("@name", txtName.Text) command.Parameters.Add("@filename", txtFilename.Text) conn.Open() command.ExecuteNonQuery() ...

Which mySql connector for which .NET version
Hi all,I couldn't find out which connectors target which .net versions. I have tried http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/ but could not see which are meant to target which .NET versions.Thanks for your time.  http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.htmlI guess this connector is backward compatible too, like the Oracle's.. So you may not have any issues Kumar Reddi As I understand it, you have the following: 5.2 is intended for VS 2008/.NET 3.5 5.1 is intended for VS 2005/.NET 2.0 as well as the Compact Framework 2.0 5.0 is unclear though it is appare...

MySQL .Net Connector / PermissionState
HiI have written a WindowsControlLibrary that needs to connect to MySQL from an aspx page. I need a way to write the following code with the mysql-connector-net-5.1.3new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission (PermissionState.Unrestricted).Assert();SqlConnection MSconn = new SqlConnection(MSSQLConn); MSconn.Open();//Do my insert. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission.RevertAssert();  The MySql driver does not seem to have the Permissions........ It does have a MyClientFactory  Members which has a CreatePermission method I am just not sure how to work with it.  Any ...

MySql Connector .NET and the DbProviderFactory
Hi there... I have downloaded the MySql Connector .NET form www.mysql.com . My connectionstring uses the MySql.Data.MySqlClient provider. When i use the DbProviderFactiry to create connections, readers and so on, it comes up with and error, saying that the provider has not been installed proberly... What is the proper way? If i don't use the DbProviderFactiry, and use the MySql Connector .NET like this:             MySqlDataReader reader = null;             try  &n...

MySql .NET Connector Parameter Problem
I am trying to insert data into a MySql Database on the local machine. I first recieved the error of "Column 'content_type' cannot be null." I changed the parameter in the SQL from "@content_type" to "?". Now I am getting the error message of "Parameter '?' is not defined." I am adding the parameter to the parameters collection of the MySqlCommand, but apparently it isn't getting added. Here is a portion of the code:strSql="insert into images(content_type) values(?);";sqlCmd=new MySqlCommand(strSql,sqlCnn);sqlCmd.Parameters.Add(new MySqlParameter("@content_type","jpeg"));I searched the forum...

Error using mySQL connector/Net
hello, I had a project i was using Devart.Data.MySQL to connect to my mysql databases, however it was aparently a trial version and has expired.  I want to switch over to use connector/Net so i went to the site downloaded v6.0, installed it, and went to bin folder/add reference, went to the assembly, added mysql.data and i says when i run it: 'MySqlCommand' is not defined. if i click on the error it suggests "import data.mysql.mysqlclient" however if i do that, it then gives the error 'MySqlCommand' is ambiguous in the namespace 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient&...

How to attach a MySql database to a MySql database server.
Hi all, I have developed a web application in VS 2005, and it uses MySql 4.1 as database. Now, I have created the database and tables, and there is data in it. How can I copy this same database along with its tables and contents, to another server? Which all files should I copy? Is there any procedure to 'attach' a database? I use MySql  Manager to create databases and tables. Thanks Tomy Hi The best way to make a dump of your existsing MySql database is to use mysqldump utility which comes with any mysql server package. Here is a sample usage: "C:\Program File...

mysql and .net
Hi there, i am new to .net and i am trying to setup a simple form. I am an open source person and what i am asking can be done easily using php and mysql; but i need to know how to do this in .net project asap. i have three forms; form1 submit to the database and redirect to form2 and form2 submit to the database and redirect to form3. i want to grab mysql last inserted id from form1 to form2 while redirecting and pass it via the url. i am able to select from the database, but i don't know how to assign it to a variable; here is what i have so far: str2 = "select last_ins...

Net::MySQL
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C30A6E.486AE070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Anyone run into this problem=20 $mysql->query(q{ INSERT INTO dbname (table_name) VALUES ( $var ) }); The problem is, when I assign a value to a $var that value is ignored in = the SQL statement. Ive tried every operator I know to get it to look at = it and accept the value as input into the DB. Ive tried=20 ( '$var' ) ("$var") ("\$var") ([$var]) ({$var}) Any ideas ? Kind regards...

.NET / MySQL Database / Date Column
I doubt this will get a reply - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've got a MySQL database backend, with a couple DATETIME fields. They seem to default to the ISO 8601 (?) format of "2004-02-15" When I try to put the "DateTime.Now()" into it, it rejects it. I'm not sure how to take format the date into an acceptible format. Any ideas? I'm trying to start using MySQL more, since there are some cool utilities like EMS MySQL Manger and Control Center out there. MySQL Manager is really more advanced than Enterprise Manager for MS SQL. Anyway... Thank...

MySql ado.net connector problem
My host doesn't offer SqlServer, so I'm taking a swing at MySql and so far I'm getting a FileNotFoundException in my asp.net app when I try to instantiate a MySqlConnection object. I have added a reference to the dll and including the namespace in my using directive. Here is the stack trace: [FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.] [FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name 'MySql.Data, Version=1.0.4.20163, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d', or one of its dependencies, was not found.]    TheHudsonDrags.Back...

Web resources about - mysql connector .net terminate my database - asp.net.mysql

Connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Logitech unveils CREATE Keyboard for iPad Pro, available in November w/ Smart Connector support
... that CREATE works seamlessly with all of the unique features of the iPad Pro. For one, CREATE is powered by the iPad Pro via its Smart Connector, ...

Apple's iPad Pro Smart Connector open to accessory makers, Logitech Create keyboard coming in Nov.
Aside from its larger 12.9-inch Retina display, the biggest external design change on the iPad Pro is a new port dubbed the Smart Connector. ...

Beats Pill+ is an elegant Bluetooth speaker with Apple Lightning connector
... mind it, but many accessories, such as mobile keyboards and speakers, charge with micro USB. it would be nice if more things used Apple's connector. ...

Panasonic Develops Single Cable and Connector Solution for Transmission of Full-Spec 8K Video Signals ...
Panasonic Corporation today announced that it has developed single cable and connector solution that enable the transmission of uncompressed ...

IDG Contributor Network: Putting the pieces together: A connector extraordinaire of the IBM ecosystem ...
Sandy Carter is a social business leader, influential speaker and author. She is currently general manager of IBM ecosystems and social business ...

China-based Luxshare becoming threat to Taiwan connector makers, says paper
China-based connector maker Luxshare ICT has announced a private fund raiser to raise CNY4.6 billion (US$720.34 million) for capacity expansion ...

A Day In Harlem With TV Personality And People Connector Bevy Smith
Harlem's biggest advocate schools us on the neighborhood's historic greatness. While most who know her would describe Bevy Smith as a woman ...

News: Apple patent application reveals method for weatherproofing iPhone connectors
A new Apple patent application reveals that Apple may be working on a new method of weatherproofing iPhone connectors such as the Lightning port ...

Apple May Replace 3.5mm Headphone Jack on iPhone 7 With All-in-One Lightning Connector
Apple is planning to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack on the next-generation iPhone in favor of an all-in-one Lightning connector… Similar to ...