MySql ado.net connector problem

My host doesn't offer SqlServer, so I'm taking a swing at MySql and so
far
I'm getting a FileNotFoundException in my asp.net app when I try to
instantiate a MySqlConnection object.
I have added a reference to the dll and including the namespace in my using
directive.

Here is the stack trace:
[FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.]

[FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name 'MySql.Data,
Version=1.0.4.20163, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d', or
one of its dependencies, was not found.]
   TheHudsonDrags.BackEnd_Components.CDAL..ctor() in e:\files\web
sites\thehudsondrags\web_root\backend_components\dal.cs:23
   TheHudsonDrags.Controls.News.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
e:\files\web sites\thehudsondrags\web_root\controls\news.ascx.cs:22
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +952

I really don't see the problem.  I have added the reference, so how does it
not know where it is?  Confusing.

Any help appreciated,
Steve

Steve Klett
0
sklett

ADO.NET MySql Connector
I am having an issue with parameterized queries. I am using the .NET connector. Dim connStr As String connStr = "server=localhost;user id=root; password=pwd; database=test; pooling=false" Dim conn As New MySqlConnection(connStr) Dim command As New MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO pictures(name,filename) VALUES (@name,@filename)", conn) command.Parameters.Add("@name", txtName.Text) command.Parameters.Add("@filename", txtFilename.Text) conn.Open() command.ExecuteNonQuery() ...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException with MySQL Connector.NET
Hi. I already tried many things and spent already 2 days without any success. Please help or I'll hang myself.I am using MySql.Data.dll  ver. 5.2.5.0 (runtime v2.0.50727) from my project (library). It works great if i use it from WindowsApplication but once i use it same way in WebApplication, it keeps throwing: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referencedException Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced .. AsyncResult ias = socket.BeginConnect(endPoint, null, null);.. (or w...

MySql .NET Connector Parameter Problem
I am trying to insert data into a MySql Database on the local machine. I first recieved the error of "Column 'content_type' cannot be null." I changed the parameter in the SQL from "@content_type" to "?". Now I am getting the error message of "Parameter '?' is not defined." I am adding the parameter to the parameters collection of the MySqlCommand, but apparently it isn't getting added. Here is a portion of the code:strSql="insert into images(content_type) values(?);";sqlCmd=new MySqlCommand(strSql,sqlCnn);sqlCmd.Parameters.Add(new MySqlParameter("@content_type","jpeg"));I searched the forum...

Problems w code behind & MySql Connector.Net
Hi, I've installet MySql Connector.Net and I'm using it successfully in those scripts where I don't split the code from the presentation, but when I try to import MySql.Data namespace into code behind it's NOT working. Imports MySql.Data.MySqlClient gives an error in code behind while <%@ import Namespace=MySql.Data.MySqlClient %> works alright. Any ideas? Any workarounds? TIA Ohlywohly and the error is? The error is a curvy line under the MySql.Data.MuSqlClient. well, there's a typo! What do you mean with A**? it is a word that neither I, nor the FC...

MySQL
Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

Which mySql connector for which .NET version
Hi all,I couldn't find out which connectors target which .net versions. I have tried http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/ but could not see which are meant to target which .NET versions.Thanks for your time.  http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.htmlI guess this connector is backward compatible too, like the Oracle's.. So you may not have any issues Kumar Reddi As I understand it, you have the following: 5.2 is intended for VS 2008/.NET 3.5 5.1 is intended for VS 2005/.NET 2.0 as well as the Compact Framework 2.0 5.0 is unclear though it is appare...

MySql Connector .NET and the DbProviderFactory
Hi there... I have downloaded the MySql Connector .NET form www.mysql.com . My connectionstring uses the MySql.Data.MySqlClient provider. When i use the DbProviderFactiry to create connections, readers and so on, it comes up with and error, saying that the provider has not been installed proberly... What is the proper way? If i don't use the DbProviderFactiry, and use the MySql Connector .NET like this:             MySqlDataReader reader = null;             try  &n...

MySQL .Net Connector / PermissionState
HiI have written a WindowsControlLibrary that needs to connect to MySQL from an aspx page. I need a way to write the following code with the mysql-connector-net-5.1.3new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission (PermissionState.Unrestricted).Assert();SqlConnection MSconn = new SqlConnection(MSSQLConn); MSconn.Open();//Do my insert. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission.RevertAssert();  The MySql driver does not seem to have the Permissions........ It does have a MyClientFactory  Members which has a CreatePermission method I am just not sure how to work with it.  Any ...

mysql connector .net terminate my database
hi recently i have started using mysql connector .net 5.0.5 for my application, when i testing the application at my localhost it's work fine. but when i upload to the server the system have terminate my database after i review my application.below is the error i get Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.Exception Details: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown....

Error using mySQL connector/Net
hello, I had a project i was using Devart.Data.MySQL to connect to my mysql databases, however it was aparently a trial version and has expired.  I want to switch over to use connector/Net so i went to the site downloaded v6.0, installed it, and went to bin folder/add reference, went to the assembly, added mysql.data and i says when i run it: 'MySqlCommand' is not defined. if i click on the error it suggests "import data.mysql.mysqlclient" however if i do that, it then gives the error 'MySqlCommand' is ambiguous in the namespace 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient&...

Net::MySQL
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C30A6E.486AE070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Anyone run into this problem=20 $mysql->query(q{ INSERT INTO dbname (table_name) VALUES ( $var ) }); The problem is, when I assign a value to a $var that value is ignored in = the SQL statement. Ive tried every operator I know to get it to look at = it and accept the value as input into the DB. Ive tried=20 ( '$var' ) ("$var") ("\$var") ([$var]) ({$var}) Any ideas ? Kind regards...

problems with connections to access via ADO.NET in VS.NET
For anyone familiar with this book, I am having trouble with some code in Chris Payne's "SAMS Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days", which calls for me to use ADO.NET to connect to an Access database I had to create for the "In Review" project after the second week. The code goes like this (within the first subroutine): dim Conn as new OleDbConnection("Provider= Microsoft.Jet.4.0; Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TYASPNET\banking.mdb") Now I've tried this, along with setting up a connection through the server explorer in Visual Studio.NET. When I go to run the page, I...

mysql and .net
Hi there, i am new to .net and i am trying to setup a simple form. I am an open source person and what i am asking can be done easily using php and mysql; but i need to know how to do this in .net project asap. i have three forms; form1 submit to the database and redirect to form2 and form2 submit to the database and redirect to form3. i want to grab mysql last inserted id from form1 to form2 while redirecting and pass it via the url. i am able to select from the database, but i don't know how to assign it to a variable; here is what i have so far: str2 = "select last_ins...

how to connect to a MySql database by ado.net
say suppose my backend is MySql database then how could i connect to MySql database by ado.net.please give me a sample code. Exploring MySQL in the Microsoft .NET Environment I found that quicker with Google than it took you to type out your question. Do yourself a favour and learn to use Google, tri_inn.Alister...

Web resources about - MySql ado.net connector problem - asp.net.mysql

Connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Logitech unveils CREATE Keyboard for iPad Pro, available in November w/ Smart Connector support
... that CREATE works seamlessly with all of the unique features of the iPad Pro. For one, CREATE is powered by the iPad Pro via its Smart Connector, ...

Today’s apps gone free: Work Time HD, Dot Connector, Little Frights and more
... unlock new weapons. Little Frights is available for free for a limited time. It has a 3.5-star rating with a total of 65 ratings. Dot Connector ...

First look: Logitech Create is first third-party Smart Connector keyboard for iPad Pro
... for the jumbo-sized tablet, including the Create Backlit Keyboard Case, a folio-style protector with full-size keyboard, Smart Connector support ...

Beats Pill+ is an elegant Bluetooth speaker with Apple Lightning connector
... mind it, but many accessories, such as mobile keyboards and speakers, charge with micro USB. it would be nice if more things used Apple's connector. ...

Barclays wants to be the 'connector' for bitcoin and is doing a load of experiments with the technology ...
... they’re protecting UK citizens are putting the right regulation around it." Ultimately, White says, Barclays is "seeking to become the connector ...

Orlando-To-Miami Train Moves Forward As Potential Connector Between Central & South Florida
An Orlando-to-Miami train, the potential passenger rail connector between Central Florida and South Florida, has just passed another crucial ...

Fund This: Znaps adds MagSafe-style connector to your phone for $9
... answer to many a MagSafe-lover's prayer. One thing I've long admired about MacBooks: Apple's super-cool, super-logical MagSafe, the power connector ...

Connector maker Sinbon signs cooperation pact with Czech-based Ray Service
Connector maker Sinbon Electronics has signed a letter of intent (LoI) with Czech Republic-based Ray Service to set up a joint venture for the ...

A Day In Harlem With TV Personality And People Connector Bevy Smith
Harlem's biggest advocate schools us on the neighborhood's historic greatness. While most who know her would describe Bevy Smith as a woman ...