MySQL 5.x and ASP.NET ADO 2.0 framework connection issues....

I have tried every way possible to connect to the database with every example on the web and have no luck.  I now have 9 projects in VS that cannot connect after trying to tweak each one.

 Even temping was purchasing the "Professional ADO.NET 2.0" book, but all the poor reviews has me wondering if the samples, which other readers say they cannot download, even work?

 What I wish to do is use the 2.0 framework in VB.NET to create an ASP.NET page, pull data from a stored procedure, function, hard coded SQL - ANY connection to the DB will do.  I can make the procs once I can connect but can never connect.

NOT wanting to use ODBC is an issue it seems?  I want to use a native driver, not the ODBC nightmare many layer object model.  So far nothing out there is even remotely useful that I have tried or seen.  Unfortunately, I am stuck with MySQL 5, VB.NET, and cannot use ODBC connections....Sad  Can anyone please help this very frustrated Oracle guy?

 Thanks,

Bill Myers
Centillion Industries Incorporated
Pittsburgh, PA
0
cyiamxtc

Can anyone please provide any  input at all.  I am really stuck here?

Thanks in advance
Bill Myers
Centillion Industries Incorporated
Pittsburgh, PA
0
cyiamxtc
10/8/2006 1:06:45 AM

I think you may be using the wrong driver so try the link below download the one provided by MySQL and others created by developers on this site.  Hope this helps.

http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/net/

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1348310.aspx

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre
10/8/2006 1:38:07 AM

Thanks for the post!

 In trying to use all of the aforementioned, I cannot see to make a connection with the 2.0 framework to MySQL>?  Again, I am not trying to use ODBC.  Is there another place to look or some other vendor that has done this already?  Surely I am not the only one doing this, especially with the growing popularity of MySQL?  (or am I?)  :(

Bill Myers
Centillion Industries Incorporated
Pittsburgh, PA
0
cyiamxtc
10/9/2006 5:29:59 PM

 I found the MySQL connectionstring page and a third party driver I think it cost more than $100.  Hope this helps.

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/dotnet/index.html

http://www.crlab.com/mysqlnet/

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Sybase ADO.NET Provider for .NET Framework 2.0
Hi, We are developing a .net application( Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0) which needs to support Sybase, SQL Server and Oracle. We are using Microsoft Data Access Application block (DAAB) to support SQL Server and Oracle. Now we would like to customize that application block to support to Sybase 12.5.* onwards. When I installed client utilities for sybase, I could see a ADO.NET Provider with the version 1.1.327, which does not have the following classes which are required to customize the Microsoft DAAB. 1. AseClientFactory class : This class is required to custom...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

How to get datasource name dynamically from .txt / .xml file using C#.net 2.0 with Mysql 5.0
I am using C#.Net 2.0 With MySql 5.0. I created a project and it works fine in my machine. But problem occurs when i try to run the project other than my machine. I wrote datasource=mysystem name in connection string. Is it possible to get datasource name dynamically from a text file (*.txt) or from .xml file for MySql.Regards,Tamizhselvi  Add an App.Config file to your project and you can drop a connection string in there like so:  <connectionStrings>    <add name="PICK A NAME" connectionString="YOUR CONNECTION STRING"/>...

How to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ?
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ? I have 2 different versions of Visual Studio: VS2005 and VS2008. One is running in .NET framework 2.0.0.0 and the other one is running in framework version 3.5.0.0.  When run the web application that is in framework Version 2.0.0.0 in VS2005, I get the error below.  In the web.config of the project, there is no 'System.Core....' assembly listed in the Assemblies section and all other system assemblies are in framework version 2.0.0.0. Also I checked the Mic...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

How do I connect to SAW 5.5 with VB.NET/ADO.NET?
I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database running on a W2K Pro server, using VB.NET and ADO.NET. Here's how I connect to MS SQL Server with VB.NET and ADO.NET: gstrADOConnectionString = "Data Source=" & gstrServerName & ";" & _ "Initial Catalog=" & gstrDatabase & ";" & "Integrated Security=SSPI;" & _ "Connect Timeout=" & Convert.ToString(gshoADOConnectTimeout) Example: Data Source=PSI_Dell;Initial Catalog=BRM;Integrated Security=SSPI;Connect Timeout=60 Here's how I did it...

ado.net and .net 2.0
Does anyone know if there has been any notable changes to ADO.NET in .NET 2.0 in the areas of data access (both reads and writes) except for the new SqlDataSource and equivalent user controls? Try these links for  tutorials. Hope this helps.http://beta.asp.net/QUICKSTART/aspnet/doc/data/advanced.aspx#nulls http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql90/html/mandataaccess.aspKind regards,Gift Peddie...

Connector/NET 5.2.0 MySQL
I have asked in the MySQL forum here and also at the MySQL site itself without answer so I thought I might pitch the same question to this forum:I have installed the Connector/NET 5.2.0 but when I try to add a data connection I get the following error: Package Load Failure Package 'MySQL Connecter Net 5.2.0' has failed to load properly ( GUID = {79A115C9-B133-4891-9E7B-242509DAD272}). Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to disable loading this package in the future? You may ...

Problem to connect to MySQL server from Windows XP x64 .NET 2.0
Hi, I am trying to connect from my asp project to MySQL database. I downloaded MySQL Driver 3.51, but it is 32bit driver, so Visual Studio doesn't find it and gives me following error:ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.I am using following connection string:String sConString = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=mydb; UID=test; PASSWORD=test; OPTION=3"; and trying to connect as:OdbcConnection conn = new OdbcConnection(sConString);conn.Open();I found some postings that I need...

Web resources about - MySQL 5.x and ASP.NET ADO 2.0 framework connection issues.... - asp.net.mysql

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Miss Golden Globe role
requires showbiz connections
One constant about the Golden Globes (tonight at 8 on WHDH, Ch.

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...