Membership provider for MySQL

I know this has been looked at and I am aware of the code projects membership provider.

I have 2 questions.  Is that provider any good?? (not able to try it yet till I get my development pc back)

Second is there a profile provider out there (any of you lovely coders got any up your sleaves!!)

Just been on a asp.net 2.0 course and really want to use it, but we are unable to get sql 2005 at work, so need to get all the features I can on MySQL

Cheers :)
0
daverage

Yes, Mysql is perfect database server.

I'm wondering why you cannot use the SQL 2005!? You can use the FREE express edition

Regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever
5/28/2006 12:37:51 PM

I have the same problem. I only can use the MySQL database because the hosting that I have to put the website only have the SGBD with the subscription. To have SQLServer I have to pay more per year.

Because of that I will use the MySQL. If I could connect to the MDF file without having SQLServerExpress installed.
In the server the SQLServer2005 is installed, but not the SQLServerExpress and because of that I cannot use the MDF file. Why we can't connect to the MDF file like we did with the Access file?

One thing that I miss with MySQL database is Transaction with the System.Transaction namespace. Everything else that I use in SQLServer I can use in MySQL.

Paulo Aboim Pinto
Odivelas - Portugal

0
Esqueleto
5/28/2006 11:54:18 PM

Use Innodb as engine to get transactions features. Transactions only work with innodb engine.

Sharique udddin Ahmed Farooqui
Web Developer

Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue.
0
safknw
6/8/2007 1:39:42 PM

New mysql driver for .net (5.1.1)  has support for membership provider. I have to check it.