Membership Provider for MySQL #2

Hi.

I recently found the membership class for MySQL. My question(s) is\are unfortunately slightly vague. How would I go about using this for MySQL? How would I get this in to a DLL for use with a project? I would\will be using VB by the way - So please don't post C# code.

Thanks
-Bursh.

EDIT: I should mention I've read through the post but don't really understand 100%

0
Bursh

Can't get MySQL Connector/Net 5.2.2 to work (with Membership)
Hello,Im having problems with using the MySql Connector/Net version 5.2.2 downloaded from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.htmlAfter installation I have followed the instructions from this blogpost; http://blog.nolanbailey.com/2008/03/08/mysql-aspnet-membership-and-role-provider/194But when I'm done with the last bullet in that list of instructions I turn to the security tab of the Asp.Net Configuration tool, and the following error message appears (text and screenshot below). I also have tried to go on with selecting the MySql Role Provider as well as going on with enter...

MySQL 3.23 / DNN 2.0 B1 / MySQL Provider
I have been able to get DNN 2.0 up and working using MySQL 4.0 on my local machine. But..... my host uses MySQL 3.23. When I run the portal for the first time (autoinstall) using MySQL 3.23, I get a failure with the following message: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'on dnn_UserPortals.PortalId = dnn_Portals.PortalId group by 2 order by portalnam' at line 1 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception D...

DBD::mysql 2.9007 and DBD::mysql 2.9015_3 (beta) released
Dear DBI/DBD::mysql developers, DBD::mysql 2.9007 and 2.9015_3 are now available via CPAN! * DBD::mysql 2.9007 is the production release and is available as the default version using CPAN shell, or if you go to the CPAN site and look up DBD::mysql by module. * DBD::mysql 2.9015_3 is a beta release, which includes server-side prepared statement and MySQL Embedded Server support, and is available on CPAN at http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBD/CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql -2.9015_3.tar.gz The latest changes are: 2.9007 * Fix to Statement.pm for old API call for numf...

MySQL
Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

Membership provider for MySQL
I know this has been looked at and I am aware of the code projects membership provider.I have 2 questions.  Is that provider any good?? (not able to try it yet till I get my development pc back)Second is there a profile provider out there (any of you lovely coders got any up your sleaves!!)Just been on a asp.net 2.0 course and really want to use it, but we are unable to get sql 2005 at work, so need to get all the features I can on MySQLCheers :) Yes, Mysql is perfect database server. I'm wondering why you cannot use the SQL 2005!? You can use the FREE express edition   R...

Membership Provider mysql
is there a Membership Provider for mysql? if so where can I find it? fnx The Big Fing Hello.I don't know any...i think that you'll have to build your own.-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http://msmvps.com/blogs/luisabreu...

how to upgrade from bugzilla 2.20/mysql 3.23 to bugz 2.22/mysql 4
Hi all, All is in the title : Does somemeone know how to upgrade from bugzilla 2.20/mysql 3.23 to bugz 2.22/mysql 4 ? It don't find any informations about global upgrade of bugzilla and Mysql. Is it possible ? Thanks for your help ! Fran�ois DAMBRE. Fran=E7ois, 2006/4/24, francois dambre <francois.dambre@vmts.fr>: > Does somemeone know how to upgrade from bugzilla 2.20/mysql 3.23 to bugz > 2.22/mysql 4 ? It don't find any informations about global upgrade of > bugzilla and Mysql. Is it possible ? you need to handle these two upgrades ...

mysql php5-mysql
Hi, i have installed mysqk from binaries itworks!!! but now how can i install php5-mysql and dependencies? Many thanks Thierry -- trazomtg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ When you say from the binaries, do you mean you installed via Yast and the Suse repositories?? It is always best to install via Yast-Software-Software Management if you can. This way all dependencies are done for you. -- gogalthorp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gogalthorp's Profile: http://forums.opensuse....

MySQL membership provider help
Hi,I want to use MySQL as the data store for membership/roles info - this looks like a possible solution:http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/MySQLMembershipProvider.aspI can compile the provider with the MySQLConnector for asp.net 2.0 without any problems, but I can't get their SQL to create the necessary tables in MySQL 5.0. It fails at the ALTER TABLE line. Unfortunately the error I'm getting in MySQL Front only tells me that there's a syntax error and to check the manual.I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried using this provider and had the same problem creatin...

Membership and Role providers for MySQL
I look for Membership and Role providers for MySQL thanks...

membership provider for mysql usage
where can i find a membership provider implementation for using with mysql server ? thanx,    I suggest you have a look at http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/MySQLMembershipProvider.asp - This article provides two files that contain a Membership Provider and a Role Provider for ASP.NET v2.0. http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/MySQLsuite.asp - An article on implementing MySQL Providers for ASP.NET 2.0 Membership, Roles, Site Map and Personalizationhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/mysqlmembership - .NET 2.0 Membership, Role and Profile providers for use with MyS...

Use MySQL for a Membership Provider?
In case anyone else stumbles across this post, I just recently added an article on my blog that details how to implement ASP.NET Membership and Roles using MySQL 5.0.  You can view the article here: http://www.marvinpalmer.com/MarvinPalmer/post/Implement-NET-Membership-and-Roles-using-MySql-Connector-523-on-GoDaddy.aspx  Hope it helps someone. MarvinIf, by some rare and amazing chance, I suggested a solution that actually worked for you, please mark the post as "ANSWER" because, hey, I don't pull that off very often. ;-)...

How to specify mysql.sock location to Msql-Mysql-modules? #2
Hello Gurus, I have installed MySQL-3.23.44-1.i386.rpm MySQL-client-3.23.44-1.i386.rpm and DBI-1.20.tar.gz Data-ShowTable-3.3.tar.gz and when I trying to install the Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219 getting following error :.'/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) When I checked %mysqladmin variables mysql.sock is running in /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock ...... | socket | /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock| | sort_buffer | 2097144| | sql_mode |0 | | table_cache | 64| | table_type | MYISAM| |...

custom membership provider using mysql
hi all, i'm currently working on a project that requires the use of a login control and using a mysql database.and using Corelab.Mysql connections i tried to manually configure the machine.config file to add the database i'm using...so..is it possible to do it this way?as i'm hitting quite alot of errors with the other config files..and i don't know how to change those..so if its possible how may i go about doing it?if not what other way is possible?thx  Hi You can use this sample. Membership and Role providers for MySQL http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/MySQLMembers...

Web resources about - Membership Provider for MySQL #2 - asp.net.mysql

Polish European Union membership referendum, 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drivers of Facebook Shuttle Buses Eye Teamsters Membership
Facebook and several other tech companies in Silicon Valley provide shuttle buses to transport their employees, and according to The New York ...

NJ Membership (@NJMembership) on Twitter

Membership Has Its Privileges
Right now, crossing one of the magical rep borders happens more or less unnoticed. People just gain the particular powers. Now, of course they ...

Membership Cards - a set on Flickr
... home Sign Up Explore Recent Photos The Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder Flickr Blog Upload Sign In Membership ...

Calgary Public Library: New Look. New Library. Free Membership. - YouTube
CREATING THE WORLD’S BEST PUBLIC LIBRARY: NEW LOOK. NEW LIBRARY. FREE MEMBERSHIP. For Immediate Release: In a bold move to become the world’s ...

The benefits of private club membership in the UAE
Lifestyle membership clubs can offer cardholders exclusive leisure discounts across the Emirates. But there can be a big catch - you need to ...

New Brisbane Broncos CEO Paul White Flags Membership Drive
The coal executive taking over at the helm of the Brisbane Broncos has his eyes set on the thousands of fans who regularly turn up to home games ...

Joe Tripodi's ALP membership suspended
NSW ALP has suspended membership of Joe Tripodi amid a corruption inquiry.

Invite-only memberships expand at Canberra's sky-high lounge
... club &ndash; if they have been lucky enough to get an invite The 15th floor lounge billed as Canberra's most exclusive has quadrupled its membership ...