How to get datasource name dynamically from .txt / .xml file using C#.net 2.0 with Mysql 5.0

I am using C#.Net 2.0 With MySql 5.0. I created a project and it works fine in my machine. But problem occurs when i try to run the project other than my machine. I wrote datasource=mysystem name in connection string. Is it possible to get datasource name dynamically from a text file (*.txt) or from .xml file for MySql.

Regards,

Tamizhselvi

0
Tamizhselvi

Add an App.Config file to your project and you can drop a connection string in there like so:

  <connectionStrings>
    <add name="PICK A NAME" connectionString="YOUR CONNECTION STRING"/>
  </connectionStrings>

You can then use ConfigurationManager to read it.

Hope this helps,

Wes

"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds
0
WesP
4/2/2008 8:38:51 AM

<connectionStrings>

    <add connectionString ="server=SELVA-CF26A1B7B\SQLEXPRESS;integrated security=true;database=senthil" name ="ConStr"/>

    </connectionStrings>

 put it within the configuration section of the web.config file.

And in your DataAccessLayer get the ConnnectionString using the below like code.

string str = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConStr"].ToString();

similarly you can use the <appsetting> tag of the web.config file for this kind of purpose.

If you want to use the text file mean you can get it using streamreader and streamwriter of System.IO namespace.

0
senthilselvan

Error with using .Net 3.0 instead of .Net 2.0
Hi,  I have recently made a website in microsoft visual web developer 2005.  When I have uploaded my site to my host I am having trouble.  when I visit the page www.amcnewzealand.co.nz I get an error message.  My web hosting company does not support .net 3.0 but instead use .net 2.0.  My website is made with file extensions .aspx.  I am usure how to tell what version of .net I am using and wether this is the only cause.  At first there was a 403 error occuring. Help would be much appreciated as I have been struggling with this for some time. The version...

How to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ?
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ? I have 2 different versions of Visual Studio: VS2005 and VS2008. One is running in .NET framework 2.0.0.0 and the other one is running in framework version 3.5.0.0.  When run the web application that is in framework Version 2.0.0.0 in VS2005, I get the error below.  In the web.config of the project, there is no 'System.Core....' assembly listed in the Assemblies section and all other system assemblies are in framework version 2.0.0.0. Also I checked the Mic...

NW6.5 sp6 Apache 2.0.59 MySQL 4.0.26a PHP 5.0.5
Hi! We have Novell SBS 6.5, a tree with 3 servers: 1. Border Manager sp1 2. GroupWise (NAT) sp1 3. WEB (NAT) sp6 - Apache 2.0.59, MySQL 4.0.26a and PHP 5.0.5. Before upgraded the third server from sp1 to sp6 we used PHP 4 with MySQL 4.0.26a without problems. Now, when I try to work with phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl3, it displays partial DB information (tables format), but most other actions cause to Apache to crash with the following message on server console: 8-27-2007 8:28:11 am: SERVER-5.70-2187 [nmID=D0006] Removed address space because of memory prote...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

Cannot get CheckSetup to complete on Windows XP using Bugzilla 3.0 and MySQL 5.0
All - I am having trouble getting checksetup.pl to complete. I am getting the following error message when I run checksetup.pl. I tried all of the suggested fixes. Any help would be much appreciated. D:\bugzilla-3.0>checksetup.pl * This is Bugzilla 3.0 on perl 5.8.8 * Running on WinXP/.Net Build 2600 (Service Pack 2) Checking perl modules... Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.20 Checking for TimeDate (v2.21) ok: found v2.22 Checking for DBI (v1.41) ok: found v1.52 Checking for PathTools (v0.84) ok: found v3.12 Ch...

Problem with Linq to XML in .net 3.5 project (previously converted from .net 2.0)
 Hi!I'm experiencing some problems with Linq to XML in .net 3.5 and I hope someone will be able to help me. I have the following code: 1 XDocument xml = XDocument.Load(FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName);2 3 4 int no_of_rows = xml.Root.Descendants("{http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/wordprocessingml/2006/main}tr").Count();5 6 int no_of_cells = xml.Root.Descendants("{http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/wordprocessingml/2006/main}tc").Count();7 8 int no_of_columns = (no_of_cells/no_of_rows);9 ...

Web resources about - How to get datasource name dynamically from .txt / .xml file using C#.net 2.0 with Mysql 5.0 - asp.net.mysql