How to attach a MySql database to a MySql database server.

Hi all,

I have developed a web application in VS 2005, and it uses MySql 4.1 as database.

Now, I have created the database and tables, and there is data in it.

How can I copy this same database along with its tables and contents, to another server?

Which all files should I copy?

Is there any procedure to 'attach' a database?

I use MySql  Manager to create databases and tables.

Thanks

Tomy

0
tomyseb

Hi

The best way to make a dump of your existsing MySql database is to use mysqldump utility which comes with any mysql server package.

Here is a sample usage: "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\bin\mysqldump.exe" --host=servername --user=dbusername --password=dbpass databasename > "c:\databasebackup.sql" - this will create a database backup for you on your C:\ drive named databasebackup.sql

In order to restore the newly created backup use the following utility: "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\bin\mysql.exe --host=servername --user=dbusername --password=dbpass databasename < "c:\databasebackup.sql"

That works great for me.

Vadim Gavrilyuk,
http://etutorials.org/
0
Vadim
12/8/2007 6:06:30 PM

Try to use MySQL Administrator tool.

Take backup and execute on remote server.

Thanks,
Krunal Mevada
0
krunalm

Web resources about - How to attach a MySql database to a MySql database server. - asp.net.mysql

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.