HELP! using mysql .net ODBC data provider as backend for excel 2000 automation..

Ok, here's the deal.

I am trying very hard to use MySQL as a backend for ASP.NET development (which works fine), and trying to create a reporting section that generates excel reports using Excel 2000. Has anyone tried this and is it feasible. Needless to say I am running into all sorts of problems. The MySQL odbc .net provider works fine and is able to connect to the database. for all other regular asp.net programming. eg. populating listboxes, databinding the datagrids, datasets etc. works perfectly.
Enter excel 2000 reports; I have tried automating this through ASP.NET but it gives me a lot of COM exception type errors. I added a reference to the Excel 10.0 library in my visual studio.net solution, and its imported Excel, Office and something called VBIDE as references.
Now, I am able to write to an excel cell using automation but not when the query is from the database. However the same thing works from within the actual Excel application (when its not automated.) I am confused about whether:
1. Something is wrong with the MySQL driver when automating excel
2. Something is wrong with trying to automate Excel 2000 using ASP.NET
anyone with any knowledge about this please enlighten me,
Thanks,
Kulin Parikh

--

The more I learn about the Internet, the more amazed I am that it works at all.
0

We have just released a version of our reporting tool (lgxReportDev) that now supports MySQL.  That might help you create reports as .NET developer for MySQL.

With the support for MySQL you can:
* See your database tables within lgxReportDev
* Create SQL commands by using query builder
* Create table joins
* Copy, paste, and modify your query within the lgxReportDev
studio environment
In addition to MySQL support lgxReportDev still includes the rich feature set that has made it popular like:
* Multiple Exporting Options (Excel, Word, PDF)
* Automatic On Demand Interactive Paging for Interactive Type of
Reports
* Multi-mode Support (i.e. Printable and Interactive Paging) From
One Report
* Advanced Security Model down to any Element within the Report
* Easy Integration with other Applications through HTTP
* Easy Web Deployment of Reports
* Ability to Work with Multiple Data Sources Including XML Web
Services

For more info please see:

http://www.logixml.com/products/ReportDev/reportDev.htm

Thanks
Bill Kotraba
bill.kotraba@logixml.com
www.logixml.com
0
Bill

I need to insert data into a mySQL 4 DB using ODBC, and I'm using .NET 1.1
I think the subject line pretty much clears up what I need to do.  I've included the code below that I have so far, I think I've got the connection right, but I don't know how to insert the data in the table when the command button is clicked.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="False"  EnableSessionState="False" EnableViewState="False" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %><%Dim ConnStr As String = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=con...

MySQL
Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

whats better? using MyODBC or an ADO.NET data provider with MySQL?
I can find ByteFX, But Where did eInfoDesigns.dbProvider go? is ByteFX the best? Ok, I want opinions. First of all, which (MyODBC or ADO.NET provider) is easier to use using WebMatrix? (dont have $$ for VS) Which is faster? -Tim Normally one would answer that a native ADO.NET provider would be faster then an ODBC implementation. I can't back this up with figures though. I've been using MyODBC for my latest project, and it was very easy to use, your normal connection string (www.connectionstrings.com for details), and then OdbcCommand, OdbcAdapter, etc Currently odbc.ne...

Data synchronization in MySQL using vb.net
Hi all..... Is data synchronization available in MySQL ? If got......how can i do it ? i wanna to update both database in different server once some actions of my system is carried.... Language that i used for my system is vb.net.......Please kindly post here if anyone got the solutions or ideas.... (please recommend me if there is any suitable tools for this)thanks...

Problems with ODBC.NET Data Provider when using INSERT
I am constructing a website and in the process of developing the underlying framework for database communication. I am using the ODBC.NET Data Provider. I do not have any problems when using for simple queries like "SELECT * from USER;". I call *.ExecuteNonQuery() and use an ACCESS database. However when I use the syntax "INSERT INTO USER (Nickname, FirstName) values ('Macavelli', 'Me');" I get an error. Is the anything that I can do to resolve my insert issue using ODBC.NET. -Mac This is almost certainly a permission problem. You need to give the ASPN...

System.Data.Odbc help with using the driver for MYSQL
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. I am new here and was not sure where to post this message so I posted it here. Hope you can help me. Ok, so I have this asp.net w/ c# page that accesses my mysql database(from http://www.startdeveloper.com): <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="False" EnableSessionState="False" EnableViewState="False" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %> <script run...

Problems connecting to MySQL through MyODBC using ODBC.NET
Help ! Another learner... I am trying to connect to mySQL through MyODBC using ODBC.NET and have the following setup on a W2K machine.... 1. mySQL 4.0.15 database up and running (visible in Services). The DB is definitely there (I can see its contents through MySQL CC) 2. I have installed MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver and created a User DSN called myDSN. I can connect to the database via the 'Test Data Source' (at least its telling me that I've connected...) 3. Using WebMatrix, I have the following declarations in place : <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" Com...

Help: MySQL Time Type Null (ODBC.NET) Urgent ! ! !
Hi, All In my web application, I'm using MySQL 4.0.21 (mysqld-max-nt)+ASP.NET 1.1 (SP1)+ODBC.NET + MyODBC 3.15.09 @window 2000 SP4 (tried 2000 standard server & professional with same error) MDAC 2.80 I have following error: I have a table named 'SHIFT': CREATE TABLE `shift` ( `SHIFT_ID` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `SHIFT_CODE` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '' `SHIFT_STARTTIME` time NOT NULL default '00:00:00', `SHIFT_ENDTIME` time NOT NULL default '00:00:00', `SHIFT_MIDDLETIME` time NOT NULL default '00:00:00', `SHIFT_HALF_END` time NOT N...

Can't connect to MySQL database using ODBC.NET
I recently downloaded and installed ODBC.NET from Microsoft Download Center site. I can reference the namespace (Microsoft.Data.Odbc) in my project and the code (C#) compiles just fine. However, at runtime, I cannot connect to the database. It keeps complaining about not being able to find the data source. The connection string is: "Driver={MySQL};SERVER=...;DATABASE=...;UID=...;PASSWORD=...;PORT=3306;OPTION=3;STMT=;" If I use MySQL ODBC driver, I have no problem whatsoever. The connection string is almost the same, only Driver={MySQL} is replaced by Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.5...

Insert and show unicode data using VB.NET and MySQL 4.1
Hi, I'm trying to make a web page in my language. I'm using unicode font. I have a form that to insert unicode text into MySQL database. I inserted the text "শুনতে চাইলে" using VB.net code:   MyCommand.Parameters.Add(New MySqlParameter("?titleBN", Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(txtTitleBN.Text)))   After inserting it in database it looks like "শুনতে চাইলে". Now when I'm trying to read this using code: txtTitleBN.Text = Encoding.UTF8.GetString(DataReader.Item("Col1")) I'm not getting the right value. If I co...

Pls Help Append Data/Image in an existing excel file using Vb.net
hi  I am using following code to write an graph image in an excel file .I want to write append this data/image in an existing excel file containing different report data.The below code doesn't work.If i use filemode.open instead of filemode.append then it writes in the file. what am i doing wrong is it something i m trying that is not possible or incorrect any advice will be helpfull.pls help me Thanks Shalin fs = New FileStream(Server.MapPath("TempExcel/test.xls"), FileMode.Create) fs.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length) fs.Close() fsRead = New FileStream(Server.MapPath("TempExcel/te...

Web resources about - HELP! using mysql .net ODBC data provider as backend for excel 2000 automation.. - asp.net.mysql

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Facebook ads API partner AdStage announces Series A funding, campaign automation
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Automation World (@automationworld)

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers, ...

Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit offers easy automation
Home automation and monitoring is getting easier than ever. The days when you had to hire a contractor to wire up your home for security or to ...

Factory Automation Will Speed Forward with A.I., Says Bernstein
... tech-industrial companies such as Corning (GLW) and AU Optronics (AUO), this afternoon offered up a thinks piece on robotics and factory automation, ...

WEF: Robots, automation and AI will replace 5 million human jobs by 2020
... job losses can be offset by employment growth in other areas. WEF estimated that 7.1 million jobs could be lost through redundancy, automation ...

3 Growing Digital Trends for 2016: Automation, Personalization, Gamification.
1. Marketing Automation What is it? Marketing automation is a category of technology that allows companies to streamline, automate, and measure ...