Hi, I am randomly getting the following error message in my application.

ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP Address of the server'(10048) ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP of the server' (10048)

I am using .Net 2.0 with VS2005 having ODBC 3.51.14 Driver.

 Can any body point out the core reasons of the above error message?

Thanks.

Nouman Khawaja.

4
khnouman1

I do have the same problem, help me out.

Thanks

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman
8/6/2008 12:57:56 PM
When I was writing an app in C# I had to download MySQL driver for connecting to MySQL DB. Try downloading the one from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/dotnet.html or google for: mysql connector net
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you
1
mCodl
8/6/2008 1:01:02 PM

well I've been using this website since a long time. And it didn't prompt this error atleast since last 6 months.Today suddenly it started to display this message.

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman
8/6/2008 1:20:20 PM

Well from what I've read on mysql site this driver is old. First I would simply try to download a new driver. Wasn't the MySQL DB engine upgraded when it started to be buggy?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you
0
mCodl
8/6/2008 1:31:07 PM

Well as I've told you that my site was in running condition since last 6 months. And it was working fine. And today i faced this problem.

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman
8/6/2008 2:41:49 PM

 According to the discussion on http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?37,39779,136287#msg-136287 it's a very popular error... I wonder if I get this error if I'll ever need my old .NET app that works with MySQL :-D .

Anyway try the following that was suggested at that forum (or other tips and hopefully one of them will work):

 Posted by: D S ()

Date: January 23, 2007 02:25PM

Try enabling connection pooling, it fixed the problem for me. (I copied these instructions from another post...)
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC)
In Connection Pooling tab, double-click the MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver. Select the "Pool connections to this driver" and leave an appropriate interval time.
Click OK, then OK.
Done.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you
0
mCodl
8/6/2008 3:08:55 PM

Thanks for showing your deep concern.

Well my website is in running condition, and this error occurs with live connectionString.

What should i do with that?

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman
8/6/2008 3:40:57 PM

Sorry, but I ran out of ideas because I last made something for MySQL in .NET almost a year ago and in that time I forgot almost everything about its configuration.

My only suggestion would be try other available MySQL drivers on the server and change providers in the config to see if at least one works or mess with the driver settings...

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you
0
mCodl
8/7/2008 8:30:53 AM

Hi

Try doing following steps

1) Open My SQL administrator

2) go to - User Administrator and below it will display all the users

3) Right click on - user "root" (assuming u r connecting through user "root"),

4) Select option "Add host from which user can connect"

5) Enter the IPADDRES - and click ok

6) Apply the changes (button which is on bottom extreme right )

7) select the recently entered host -

8) then add schema privileges for all the databases.

9) Again apply the changes.

10) restart the service

 Repeat same steps for machince name as well.

above steps worked in my case.

0
ashutoshrao