Creating Report with ReportViewer in remote reporting with mysql

Hello, i'm a newbie in this asp.net and mysql technology. would someone help me how can i create a report using the report viewer in the remote reporting with mysql using rdlc without using the MS SQL server reporting technology. Is it any way to do it?? Is it possible??

Thanks. Confused

0
takeCare

You should create a client-side report (Local Report) using the RDLC. Have you data access code fetch a dataset from MySQL. Bind this DataSet to your RDLC programmatically and load the RDLC in the Report Viewer. Your code will go something like this:

 rvReportViewer.LocalReport.ReportPath = "MyReportFile.rdlc";

ReportDataSource rdcReportSource = new ReportDataSource();

rdcReportSource.Name = "MyDataSetName";

DataSet ds = MyDataAccessLayerClass.GetSomeData();

rdcReportSource.Value = ds.Tables[0];

rvReportViewer.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(rdcReportSource);

rvReportViewer.LocalReport.SetParameters(parameters); //in case you want to pass any application-specific values from your code to the report (e.g. Date Range for the report)

rvReportViewer.LocalReport.Refresh();

Hope this helps...

Vivek Desai
0
vivekjdesai
4/3/2008 4:32:05 AM

Thanks for the reply.

The coding are helpful for local reporting. I'm trying to develop an application that generate a report that was located in a server a.k.a remote reporting. Is there any possible way...?

-1
takeCare
4/3/2008 4:42:28 AM
can u explain what is RDLC

and how can i use this

thanks
0
irperera

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

display reporting services report in report viewer in remote mode
Hi  I have some problem in displaying a report done through reporting services in asp.net 2.0 report viewer server control for remote processing mode.I have created a Reporting Services project through Business Intelligence Development Studio and another Web application project in VS 2005. I have take a Report Viewer control on a form to view report created in the reporting services project. I have set the Processing mode of Report Viewer to Remote, have set ReportServerURL to "http://localhost/ReportServer" and Report Path as the "/(Reporting service proje...

logon failed to mysql from crystal report.net
hi,friend i create one database app. with report using  mysql as database. when i create report at design time i choose "ODBC(RDO)" for connection and select table and design report  named "crrpt.rpt". than i drag one report viewer in web form and set 'report source' property to path of report file. when i run this project i got this error ---------------------------------------------------------------   Server Error in '/asptest/rpt' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logon failed. Description: An unhandled exc...

I made three reports though reportviewer. The problem is when I call report A, after that even I call report B, still report A is shown.
Hi, All  I call report B with changing reportpath parameter, but report A is shown. I have 3 reports but even I change reportpath parameter, though the first selected is shown no matter what the report is. Once report C is shown, then even I call report B through reportpath parameter, though it shows still report C. Please help with this and thanks in advance for your help.  Can you please post the code?Sambeet Hi, Thanks for your reply. The code is as follows: As you see, I call 3 diffenrent reports depending on user's choice. Though, o...

How to create Report Letter with multiple pages in C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS2008
Hi experts, I’d like to have some helps from you guys. I need to create an app with C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS 2008 for a Landscape & Nursery company.  The company will send out coupon letters to some customers who purchased something from the company within past 12 months. Users will get customers’ info from database using zip code. I have a drop-down control to populate all the eligible zip codes. The following 8 data fields will be retrieved from database; FirstName, LastName, Address1, Address2, City, State, ZipCode, and PreviousPurchased. I have a pre-defined Crystal R...

when i try to export the report to pdf format in button click event it gives me LOGON error.I am using push method to create the report .The code to create the report is written in page load
Calling this function in button click eventPrivate Sub ExportToPDF() Try Dim crExportOptions As New ExportOptions Dim crReportDocument As New ReportDocument Dim crDiskFileDestinationOptions As DiskFileDestinationOptions Dim ExportPath As String Dim ExportedFileName As String Session("ReportName") = " CrystalReport1" Dim rpt1 As New CrystalReport1 Session.Add("ActiveReport", rpt1) crReportDocument = Session.Item("ActiveReport") ExportPath = Request.PhysicalApplicationPath + "ReportOutput\" If System.IO.Directory.Exists(ExportPath) = False Then System.IO.Directory.CreateDirector...

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

Report viewer
Hi there. I use objectdatasources and binding is not very easy but not hard as well. The real problem itself is creating the report to be used with objectdatasource and then editing the layout. I generally find myself switching between 2 or more VS sessions + MSSQL management studio just to create a simple report. Worse I need to open xml/text editors to hack codes to get it done! Anyway, my question: Is there a better IDE than VS2005 that could all do this in one place? (except Blend and Orcas) PS: I would also like to know how to arrange layout in source view&n...

Create Dynamic Reports with Report viewer
how can i design reports in local mode dynamically Hi, I think you may refer to the link below: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/ReportViewer.aspx   This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of an...

how to create report without Report wizard
Hi,          Whenever I tried creating reports under--->BUsiness Intelligence Projects-->REport wizard or Report type.Everytime Report wizard opens.What i am trying to say is I want to build manually(Like in crytsal reports).But I don't see any option.One more Question--------Once after Designing the table in Report Wizard,like Page fields,Group fields,Diaplay Fields,Is there any option that I can add more fields OR Change Existing fields.Do I have to do in Report designer Layout??????I don't see any option for doing in SSRS 2000.So...

Create a Report using Report Viewer
Dear .NET PROZ!! Anyone good at dealing with Report Viewer?? I knew we need to create a (report.rdlc) to implement with aspx page (report_view.aspx). Any good recommended site?? Actually i got a sample page which binding date into the report.rdlc to view customer details page by page. Then i wish to modify the report.rdlc to view product details page by page. So I had modify the data bind in my report_view.aspx but dunno how to set the value into the report.rdlc page?? Any ideas?? visit this linkhttp://dotnetjunkies.com/Article/790775A0-C493-46D8-ABE0-40CA588D33D3.dcik&...

the report is created with version of crystal reports which
 HI, I have a project which is developed by the thrid party, Its been bough by our company as a partialy developed one as our company was not satisfied with the developing company. Our company hired me to finish up the project. I am a beginer, This project also contains a crystal reports, when i click the crystal report in the project solution it says " The report is created with version later then the version you are running, some functions may not be supported" .I am using Visual studio 2005 and i see the version of crystal reports as 10.2 in the assembly reffernce.Plea...

Web resources about - Creating Report with ReportViewer in remote reporting with mysql - asp.net.mysql

Mark Messier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mark Douglas Messier ( / ˈ m ɛ s i . eɪ / ; born January 18, 1961) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey centre of the National Hockey ...

Blog Archive
Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

William Vaughn's Musings: ReportViewer Archives
I’ve been tuning my monthly webinar again to include more information about SQL Server Reporting Services (R2) and Visual Studio 2010. This high-impact ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

Dr. Dobbs - UBM TechWeb
is a fully searchable DVD that includes: • 21 years of Dr. Dobb's Journal (1988-2009) • 14+ years of C/C++ Users Journal (1990-2006) • 17 years ...

Forums
SALES: 1-800-867-1380 ACCOUNT PORTALS Sign in FREE TRIAL SOLUTIONS Solutions Infrastructure Mobile Web Media Integration Identity & Access Management ...

SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005 Downloads, Videos, Support - TechNet ...
Evaluate SQL Server versions and features and find downloads, videos, installation and troubleshooting information, service packs, community ...

NHL On-line ReportViewer
VISITOR LOS ANGELES KINGS Game 2 Away Game 2 3 Game Summary Game 0013 Friday, October 10, 2003 Attendance 16,986 at Mellon Arena Start 7:44 ...

Archive
Articles Blog Videos Archive The Good, The Bad, and Everything In Between May 2014 Building Multiple Filters with Lo-Dash and AngularJS Compile, ...

Graduate Medical Education That Meets the Nation's Health Needs
Today's physician education system produces trained doctors with strong scientific underpinnings in biological and physical sciences as well ...