Connect String (MySql remotely)

Hi all,

I uploaded MySQL database to the server and server info is:

  • Server version: 4.0.26
  • Protocol version: 10
  • Server: mysql7 (216.157.145.47 via TCP/IP)
  • User: wswebsi_admin@216.157.146.2
  • The connect string I am using is

    <add name="MySQLConnectionString" connectionString="server=216.157.145.47 ; user id=wswebsi_admin@216.157.146.2; password=***; database=wswebsi_test; pooling=false; " providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient"/>

    But it doesnt work, I dont know why, can you help me plz...urgent:)

    wyzwise

    Try looking at this site...

    http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=mysql

    HTH.

    Thank you.

    -- Mark Kamoski

    http://www.NetBrainer.com
    0
    mkamoski
    12/24/2007 12:31:56 AM

    Could you please provide the error message or something that you can prove that it is not working?

    It would be helpful if you can provide a good detail about your problem so that we could answer you correctly.

    Thank you.

    Cheers,

    CLIPER

    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commonsense. ---Buddha (563BC-483BC)
    0
    CLIPER

    MySQL
    Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

    mysql connection string
    ok ive been building asp .net websites in vs studio with ms sql server butt as thats so exspensive to host have decided to change to mysql but not shure on the connection string Web.config file ___________________________________________________________________ <appSettings> <add key="ConnectionString" Data Source=UniversityHelp; Database=UniversityHelp; /> </appSettings> _______________________________________________________________________ my.ini file ________________________________________________________________________ [my...

    Connection String for MySQL
    I have seen many queries about MySQL but i have been struggling to find a connection string to perform a connection to MySQL on my Web Host. Appreciate if you can let me know the connection string. Many Thanks. http://www.connectionstrings.com/Gunnar Peipman-- General Protection Fault-- Illegal Page Fault-- Not My Fault Why don't you use "MySQL Connector/Net" ? Find information in here : http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/net/ Basic connection string using mySql 4.17 and .Net Connector 1.02 or above. You can add addition parameters for IP, Port etc Checkout o...

    Connection Strings and MySQL
    I usually connect to mysql in code: myConnection = New MySqlConnection  But I am trying to learn how to use web.config connection strings<connectionStrings> <add name=ConnString" connectionString="Server=;Port=3306;Database=;Uid=;Pwd=;pooling=false;" providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient"  /></connectionStrings>and the aspx.vb code:  myConnection = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnString"].ConnectionString But I get the following error..BC30311: Value of type 'System.Configuration.ConnectionStrin...

    Connection String with MySql
    Hi, When we want to use Connection string without username password in Sql Server we write the connection string like below <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=Glad;User ID=Nutri_User;Password=123;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings> How can we use this in the MySql <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=Glad;User ID=Nutri_User;Password=123;" provid...

    mySQL connection string
    Hi. I just want to know how to connect to a mySQL server from an ASP.NET page. Here are the informations I have: Host: mysql.mydns.com Port: 3306 UserID : myID Password : myPassword Database Name : myDB Wich connection string should I use? Is there anoyone who can help me? Do You use a managed provider like dbProvider? If! you use dbProvider (I use the Personal version) do like this (can recomend it, works like a glance): '## -- Connection string to a mySQL Database -- Dim ConnectionString As String = "Data Source=localhost;Database=...

    Remote Connection To MySql
    How can i connect to a remote MySql server? i use:"ByteFX". I tryed in my connection string:" Database=kevin;Remote Server=IP:3306;User Id=web;Password=qpz" But i get the error:" "ByteFX.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName(String hostName) at ByteFX.Data.Common.StreamCreator.GetStream(I...

    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
    Hi, I get the error when I try to connect.. :o(( What's wrong? TIA, Juan. ...

    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc
    2 day old install of 11.3; I installed MYSQL from yast2; 12 items relating to MYSQL are shown as installed; on a command line (as root) I get "ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc" when I type MYSQL. Another problem ; Apache is installed and running, but my install of PHP from Yast has been troubled, and very much unlike what I read here : "http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/595.html" ; a web page with phpinfo() shows nothing; do I have to do another manual config of LAMP ? If so wh...

    Segmentation fault while connecting to mysql through DBD::Mysql
    Hi All, When I try to connect to mysql db through perl dbd, get segmentation fault error. attached DBI trace report. Any help on this is appreciated. Name "main::dbwritesallowed" used only once: possible typo at ./t.pl line 14. DBI 1.15-nothread dispatch trace level set to 5 -> DBI->connect(DBI:mysql:host=localhost;database=bugs;port=3306, bugs, ****) -> DBI->install_driver(mysql) for perl=5.008003 pid=2777 ruid=0 euid=0 install_driver: DBD::mysql loaded (version 2.9002) New DBI::dr (for DBD::mysql::dr, parent=, id=) dbih_...

    Newbie: DBD::mysql error connecting to mysql
    I'm new to Bugzilla, Apache, mysql, and perl (whew) and am trying to get Bugzilla 2.18 up and running... I've been banging my head on a problem for a few hours and seem to be stuck... I am at the point where checksetup.pl runs cleanly. I can connect to the system from a browser on a client workstation and get the initial Bugzilla screen without errors. When I navigate to some of the other screens, such as "Enter a new bug report" I am faced with a "Software Error" that seems to indicate perl is having trouble connecting to mysql. Any help is appreciate...

    How to connect to MySQL on remote PC
    i wish to connect to the MySQL database which store at another PC.The PC act as server for MySQL. this is what in my web.config when i connect to the database on the same PC.what should i modify so that other PC can connect to the same database?  <add name="dbConnection" connectionString="server=localhost; user id=root; password=XXXX; database=test; pooling=true;" />    <add name="testConnectionString" connectionString="DATABASE=test;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};OPTION=3;PORT=0;SERVER=localhost;UID=root" or i need to ...

    mySQL connection string #2
    Hello, I need to connect to a mySQL database from my ASP .NET project. I have two questions first though that I need to know: #1. Can I just use ODBC objects to access the mySQL database? #2. What should my connection string look like for the database? Thanks!! Yes, you can use ODBC (specifically ODBC.NET) to connect to MySQL. Be sure you have MyODBC and ODBC.NET installed on your computer. Possible connection strings: # ODBC 2.50 Local database: "Driver={mySQL};Server=localhost;Option=16834;Database=mydatabase;" # ODBC 2.50 Remote database: "Dr...

    Web resources about - Connect String (MySql remotely) - asp.net.mysql

    Remotely triggered earthquakes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    . The further one gets from the initiating earthquake in both space and time, the more controversial is the association. The physics involved ...

    New Security Features Lets Users End Active Facebook Sessions Remotely
    Facebook is rolling out a new security allowing users to remotely log out of any Facebook session active on another device. If a user logs in ...

    Screens VNC - Access Your Computer Remotely on the App Store on iTunes
    Get Screens VNC - Access Your Computer Remotely on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

    M153/A1/A2 Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    The M153 Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS) is a stabilized mount that contains a sensor suite and fire control software, allowing ...

    Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway—With Me in It - YouTube
    Two hackers have developed a tool that can hijack a Jeep over the internet. WIRED senior writer Andy Greenberg takes the SUV for a spin on the ...

    Rupert Murdoch takes to the skies with a remotely-piloted 'quadcopter' drone
    In the wake of News Corp's foundation-shaking phone hacking trial, the thought of Rupert Murdoch at the helm of his own aerial spy drone is enough ...

    Tesla Suit means that one day you'll be able to hug your partner remotely
    A UK studio has developed a prototype suit that gives all-over body touch sensations, and is compatible with virtual reality.

    Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.4 million US vehicles to prevent hacking after researchers remotely 'killed' ...
    Fiat Chrysler will recall 1.4 million vehicles in the US to install software to prevent hackers from gaining remote control of the engine, steering ...

    37signals Works Remotely
    We talk a lot about working remotely. Over 70% of our employees work remotely. They work out of homes, coffee shops, and co-working spaces. They ...

    Xbox One SmartGlass app adds ability to buy & install Xbox games remotely, more
    ... updated its Xbox One SmartGlass app for iPhone and iPad today with a few interesting new features including the ability to purchase and remotely ...