ADO.NET MySql Connector

I am having an issue with parameterized queries.  I am using the .NET connector.

Dim connStr As String
connStr = "server=localhost;user id=root; password=pwd; database=test; pooling=false"
Dim conn As New MySqlConnection(connStr)
Dim command As New MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO pictures(name,filename) VALUES (@name,@filename)", conn)
command.Parameters.Add("@name", txtName.Text)
command.Parameters.Add("@filename", txtFilename.Text)
conn.Open()
command.ExecuteNonQuery()
conn.Close()
bindGrid()

That is my code. There are no errors, it just writes blank values to the database. Does anyone have an idea why that would be? Thanks in advance.
0
mbtrumpet1

Not sure about the .NET Connector, but name parameters are not supported with myODBC and the use of ? instead of @

So Try your code with:

Dim command As New MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO pictures(name,filename) VALUES (?,?)", conn)

Take a look at a previous post about parameters I posted
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=749061
Hope this Helps
0
tlombard
11/19/2004 11:37:52 PM
Thanks for the response.  I believe that ODBC uses the ? syntax and the .NET connector uses the @ syntax.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I have tried both ways and neither work properly.
Thanks.
0
mbtrumpet1
11/20/2004 12:34:59 AM

The .Net connector also uses the ? syntax, below works fine for me also works under VS.net

String imageQuery = "SELECT gallery.galleryId, gallery.imageUrl, gallery.imageAltText, gallery.imageNotes, gallery.galleryDate FROM gallery WHERE gallery.galleryId = ?galleryId;";
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand dbComm = new MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand();
dbComm.CommandText = imageQuery;
dbComm.Connection = connImage;

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlParameter dbParam_galleryId = new MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlParameter();
dbParam_galleryId.ParameterName = "@galleryId";
dbParam_galleryId.Value = galleryId;
dbParam_galleryId.MySqlDbType = MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.Int32;
dbComm.Parameters.Add(dbParam_galleryId);
0
divensail

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException with MySQL Connector.NET
Hi. I already tried many things and spent already 2 days without any success. Please help or I'll hang myself.I am using MySql.Data.dll  ver. 5.2.5.0 (runtime v2.0.50727) from my project (library). It works great if i use it from WindowsApplication but once i use it same way in WebApplication, it keeps throwing: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referencedException Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced .. AsyncResult ias = socket.BeginConnect(endPoint, null, null);.. (or w...

MySql ado.net connector problem
My host doesn't offer SqlServer, so I'm taking a swing at MySql and so far I'm getting a FileNotFoundException in my asp.net app when I try to instantiate a MySqlConnection object. I have added a reference to the dll and including the namespace in my using directive. Here is the stack trace: [FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.] [FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name 'MySql.Data, Version=1.0.4.20163, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d', or one of its dependencies, was not found.]    TheHudsonDrags.Back...

MySQL
Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET. Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL? Thanks, Ken Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forumBart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net...

MySQL .Net Connector / PermissionState
HiI have written a WindowsControlLibrary that needs to connect to MySQL from an aspx page. I need a way to write the following code with the mysql-connector-net-5.1.3new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission (PermissionState.Unrestricted).Assert();SqlConnection MSconn = new SqlConnection(MSSQLConn); MSconn.Open();//Do my insert. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission.RevertAssert();  The MySql driver does not seem to have the Permissions........ It does have a MyClientFactory  Members which has a CreatePermission method I am just not sure how to work with it.  Any ...

MySql Connector .NET and the DbProviderFactory
Hi there... I have downloaded the MySql Connector .NET form www.mysql.com . My connectionstring uses the MySql.Data.MySqlClient provider. When i use the DbProviderFactiry to create connections, readers and so on, it comes up with and error, saying that the provider has not been installed proberly... What is the proper way? If i don't use the DbProviderFactiry, and use the MySql Connector .NET like this:             MySqlDataReader reader = null;             try  &n...

Which mySql connector for which .NET version
Hi all,I couldn't find out which connectors target which .net versions. I have tried http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/ but could not see which are meant to target which .NET versions.Thanks for your time.  http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.htmlI guess this connector is backward compatible too, like the Oracle's.. So you may not have any issues Kumar Reddi As I understand it, you have the following: 5.2 is intended for VS 2008/.NET 3.5 5.1 is intended for VS 2005/.NET 2.0 as well as the Compact Framework 2.0 5.0 is unclear though it is appare...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

Net::MySQL
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C30A6E.486AE070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Anyone run into this problem=20 $mysql->query(q{ INSERT INTO dbname (table_name) VALUES ( $var ) }); The problem is, when I assign a value to a $var that value is ignored in = the SQL statement. Ive tried every operator I know to get it to look at = it and accept the value as input into the DB. Ive tried=20 ( '$var' ) ("$var") ("\$var") ([$var]) ({$var}) Any ideas ? Kind regards...

how to connect to a MySql database by ado.net
say suppose my backend is MySql database then how could i connect to MySql database by ado.net.please give me a sample code. Exploring MySQL in the Microsoft .NET Environment I found that quicker with Google than it took you to type out your question. Do yourself a favour and learn to use Google, tri_inn.Alister...

mysql and .net
Hi there, i am new to .net and i am trying to setup a simple form. I am an open source person and what i am asking can be done easily using php and mysql; but i need to know how to do this in .net project asap. i have three forms; form1 submit to the database and redirect to form2 and form2 submit to the database and redirect to form3. i want to grab mysql last inserted id from form1 to form2 while redirecting and pass it via the url. i am able to select from the database, but i don't know how to assign it to a variable; here is what i have so far: str2 = "select last_ins...

mysql connector .net terminate my database
hi recently i have started using mysql connector .net 5.0.5 for my application, when i testing the application at my localhost it's work fine. but when i upload to the server the system have terminate my database after i review my application.below is the error i get Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.Exception Details: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown....

MySql .NET Connector Parameter Problem
I am trying to insert data into a MySql Database on the local machine. I first recieved the error of "Column 'content_type' cannot be null." I changed the parameter in the SQL from "@content_type" to "?". Now I am getting the error message of "Parameter '?' is not defined." I am adding the parameter to the parameters collection of the MySqlCommand, but apparently it isn't getting added. Here is a portion of the code:strSql="insert into images(content_type) values(?);";sqlCmd=new MySqlCommand(strSql,sqlCnn);sqlCmd.Parameters.Add(new MySqlParameter("@content_type","jpeg"));I searched the forum...

Error using mySQL connector/Net
hello, I had a project i was using Devart.Data.MySQL to connect to my mysql databases, however it was aparently a trial version and has expired.  I want to switch over to use connector/Net so i went to the site downloaded v6.0, installed it, and went to bin folder/add reference, went to the assembly, added mysql.data and i says when i run it: 'MySqlCommand' is not defined. if i click on the error it suggests "import data.mysql.mysqlclient" however if i do that, it then gives the error 'MySqlCommand' is ambiguous in the namespace 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient&...

Application Trust Level for MySql Connector.net
Hi All I host a site on shared hosting, and the site uses the MySQL connector.net to access a MySQL database on another server.    The problem is the hosting company is telling me that they can't allow full trust on the server, so when an attempt to use the database is made, I get the following error message, so what can I do?  Can I tweak something in the site web.config?   Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please co...

Web resources about - ADO.NET MySql Connector - asp.net.mysql

Connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Logitech unveils CREATE Keyboard for iPad Pro, available in November w/ Smart Connector support
... that CREATE works seamlessly with all of the unique features of the iPad Pro. For one, CREATE is powered by the iPad Pro via its Smart Connector, ...

iPad Pro contains USB 3.0 controller, hints at ultra-fast Lightning connector
A day after iPad Pro launched on Wednesday, teardowns and reviews of the gigantic tablet reveal Apple quietly included USB controller hardware ...

Beats Pill+ is an elegant Bluetooth speaker with Apple Lightning connector
... mind it, but many accessories, such as mobile keyboards and speakers, charge with micro USB. it would be nice if more things used Apple's connector. ...

Barclays wants to be the 'connector' for bitcoin and is doing a load of experiments with the technology ...
... they’re protecting UK citizens are putting the right regulation around it." Ultimately, White says, Barclays is "seeking to become the connector ...

Panasonic Develops Single Cable and Connector Solution for Transmission of Full-Spec 8K Video Signals ...
Panasonic Corporation today announced that it has developed single cable and connector solution that enable the transmission of uncompressed ...

IDG Contributor Network: Putting the pieces together: A connector extraordinaire of the IBM ecosystem ...
Sandy Carter is a social business leader, influential speaker and author. She is currently general manager of IBM ecosystems and social business ...

Taiwan connector maker JPC enjoying strong orders from Amazon for Dash Button
Taiwan-based connector maker Jess-Link Products (JPC) is seeing growing orders from Amazon for the assembly of its Dash Button and revenues contribution ...

A Day In Harlem With TV Personality And People Connector Bevy Smith
Harlem's biggest advocate schools us on the neighborhood's historic greatness. While most who know her would describe Bevy Smith as a woman ...

News: Apple patent application reveals method for weatherproofing iPhone connectors
A new Apple patent application reveals that Apple may be working on a new method of weatherproofing iPhone connectors such as the Lightning port ...