{System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transaction

Hi All

I am using Enterprise Library 3.1 to connect MySQL database with the help of MySQL ODBC driver 5.1.

Following is connection string

<add name="MySQLConnect" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};server=127.0.0.1;database=MySQLDatabase;user=testUser;option=3" providerName="System.Data.Odbc"/>

Everything works fine with this driver except the transaction. Following transaction code always throws an error.

{System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transaction.

 ServiceConfig serviceConfig = new ServiceConfig();

try

{

serviceConfig.Transaction =
TransactionOption.Required;

ServiceDomain.Enter(serviceConfig);

// Create Order in Database

InsertOrderInDatabase(order, userCredential.UserId);

ContextUtil.SetComplete();ServiceDomain.Leave();

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

ContextUtil.SetAbort();

ServiceDomain.Leave();

throw new Exception(ex.Message, ex);

}

Here do i need to do any setting in ODBC.

plz help.

0
ashutoshrao

Failing to enlist on calling object's transaction when using ODBC driver
We are using the ODBC driver to access Sybase from ADO.NET. We have two exploratory applications: one within COM+ and one just native .Net Unfortunately when we access the OdbcConnection object, within the an object marked as "Transaction(TransactionOption.Required)", we get the error message: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transaction We have searched this site, and believe that this is because the connection cannot support the transaction. We have tried adjusting the isolation level, and this has not affe...

Login page has this error: ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
I am building my first ASP.net Login page this page accesses a dns file the was created in MS Access. When I enter the login page required fields and attempt to check against the database I get the following error.  Any thoughts on how to fix this problem I am completely at a loss for what to do. Thank You, RucaduluERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where ...

ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
I am Building my first ASP.Net login page and I get the following error when I attemptto access a MS Access database file.  ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failedSource Error: Line 64: 'Calls Data...

ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed #2
Hi All,       I am getting this Error  When I am connecting to Remote System DSN Connection.Can I have the solution to this Error?  Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Your connection string is probably wrong try something like this... "mySystemDSN;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword"Hope that helps  Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.::: Winston Churchill ::: How does your connection string look like?Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem. murthysrn: ...

wegconfig connectionstring ADODB System.Data.Odbc error is [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'
    <add name="MYADODBCUSTOMERCONNECTIONSTRING" connectionString="Driver={SQL Server};Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Database=myDbname;Uid=xxxxx;Pwd=xxxxx" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" />   [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: [Micros...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-3.23.54]
Hello, My application is running online. At times it throws following error, and in the second attempt it starts working just fine. It happens only once in a while. The query error pointing to as erroneous is simple select and where statement, and I am sure nothing is wrong with that, as the query runs fine normally. Waitinf for replies!!! Server Error in '/phaseI' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-3.23.54]You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''shakil'' at line 1 ...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Hi Everybody, On localhost this application works fine but when I put on remote server. I am getting following errors. For both localhost and server, I am using same remote sql 2000. I will appreciate any help. Thanks, Arif Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more i...

[IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
hi all,  I am getting this error "[IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed", I am uing XP,and SP3 packs. The main Prob is the same code is running on one system...when i run in other system it is giving this error....   thanks murthy    Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, I don't know what's your connection string, but I recommend you to check it again and ensure it's correct. You may take a look at the connection strings samples in this link: http://www.connectionstrings.com/ Also, pleas...

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Hi all... I'm using VS 2005 report viewer and MySql Srver 4.1 with ODBC driver 3.51... When running the application on IIS, I got this error message... An error has occurred during report processing. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Here's my connection string : add name="smscontentproviderConnectionString" connectionString="Dsn=MYODBC;database=smscontentprovider;option=0;port=0;server=localhost;uid=root;pwd=root"providerName="System.Data.Odbc...

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Hi everyone, I'm having a preety confusing problem. I've wrote an application in visual basic 6 using Microsoft Access database and using ODBC. Now I'm writing a program with ASP .NET and using the same ODBC. Whenever I run it from Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 develoupment server ( http://localhost:2759/ ) it's working fine - Everything works normally. But after I finished coding, I'm trying to put it to my server, but right after I published my site I tried to run it. But when I did it, it showing me some error message:  ERROR [IM002] ...

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified #2
Hi, i'am new in MySql..... i got error "ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" my code is; Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load Dim ConnStr As String = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=test; uid=root;pwd=password;Option=3"Using con As New OdbcConnection(ConnStr)Using cmd As New OdbcCommand("SELECT * FROM person", con) con.Open()DataGrid1.DataSource = cmd.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection Or C...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc vd System.Data.Odbc
Hello all. I'm having a bit of a problem opening ODBC-connections to my database, and I was hoping someone might have an answer for me. I have developed an ASP.NET application using Faircom's CTree ODBC driver, and this have worked out great. My problem is that I've always used the ODBC driver's Guest account to log on to the db. The reason for this is simply that I could not log on if I used a specific userid and password. This has been okay so far, but now I have a customer that demands that the Guest account on the database is disabled, leaving me in all sorts of trouble. Now my ...

Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Hello, I am getting the following error while connecting to SQL Server 2005 from my ASP application. Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Appreciate your quick help.  Thanks, Satya. Hi Satya, This exception may be caused by a few reasons, please refer to the KB article below to trouble and fix it. PRB: ASP Error 80004005 "Data Source Name Not Found"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306345Jian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies ...

Web resources about - {System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transaction - asp.net.mysql