Map for Europe.

I want to create something like this:

I want to add a map that shows where the object is. I have heard that the MVC it is poosible to have a map. correct me if Iam wrong. I don't know how advanced it is. But What I would like to do is:
If I have the zipcode. Then I want it to show the area. Is this possible for europe countries??

0
Nezdet
4/15/2009 2:22:36 AM
asp.net.mvc 4300 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 Having a map on the page has nothing to do with MVC. Most maps are implemented using javascript. Scott Hanselman has a sample MVC app that uses Live Maps. Check it out here: http://www.codeplex.com/nerddinner

Sincerely,
Peter Mourfield
www.mourfield.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
0
pmourfield
4/15/2009 4:42:48 AM

I wounder How I can use the ASP.NET Virtual Earth Map.

is it a ASP.NET Control?

0
Nezdet

New to MVC & MVC.net
Hi, I have never used the MVC design pattern before and the same applies for the new mvc.net. I have been working with ntier all the time. Where should i start to learn mvc and hence mvc.net so that i can use it in my software projects and have more grasp on it. Thanks. Sultan   Hi, start by taking a look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/. The ones about MVC and MVC storefront. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. I'd start with ScottGu's blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/sco...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

Access Net work mapped drive VB.NET
Hi I have a docuemnt mangemnt system coded in VB.NET. The system sometimes needs to get documents from Network mapped drive and shared drives. In development machine everything works fine. But when I moved the code to Test serever, it could not access the mapped drives. I tried all security settings. But still could not. I tried unc path, but it throws In valid user exception. Can anybody help m eto solve this issue. Thank you Jikk Hi Jikk, What login is your app running under? Whichever it is, it has to have permission to access the network, which ASPNET doesn'...

Since all extensions get mapped to MVC, are .jpg also mapped?
Hi,If i have a catch all type route, any extension like .html also get mapped to the MVC framework right?so then what about .jpg and .gif and .png files? does it go through the pipeline also? (if yes, isn't that bad for performance!)  Hi there,That is correct, but only if you have RouteTable.Routes.RouteExistingFiles = true. By default a file that exists does not get run through the routing system.Richard   So each and every file that is served is first checked at the file system level?Meaning if I have 10 images on a page, there will be 10 checks on the filesystem to see i...

MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?
Hello. I´m new to MVC and I want to try it.. My fist question is: MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?Thanks!  You could get it to run on 2.0: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/DeployingASPNETMVCOnASPNET20.aspx, but you would be better advised to get 3.5 SP1.  It is free, after all.  So is Visual Web Developer Express, so you can play with it. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site ASP.NET MVC distributed assemblies reference System.Core.dll assembly from .NET FW 3.5 so you need .NET FW 3.5 to run ASP.NET MVC.Don't forget to click &qu...

.Net MVC
 Any advantage on the .Net MVC? Thanks BillwWebhost4lifeQuality Hosting, Quality Performance, Quality Pricing!Best Asp.Net Hosting! If you mean what are the advantages of ASP.Net MVC over the standard WebForms model, here's my list:Testability - Since your logic is within a standard .Net class (the Controller) you can test it by just constructing a new instance of that class and calling the method.  Sure, it gets a little more complex in more advanced scenarios, but I still find it much easier than testing WebForms appsStrong Separation of Concerns - In MVC, the framework g...

What extensions are mapped with MVC? are .html extension mapped by default? how/why are images not routed?
Hi,If I put a .html extension on a file, will this be mapped to asp.net now?  How are file extension mappings effected?  (or is it simply any .aspx file AND any extension-less URL is mapped to asp.net?)   MVCNoob:If I put a .html extension on a file, will this be mapped to asp.net now?  No - this will be passed through and the HTML file will be rendered as always. MVCNoob:How are file extension mappings effected? Not sure of the question - but you can map files to filters in IIS.  MVCNoob:is it simply any .aspx file AND any extension-less URL is map...

Script#: broken link to http://projects.nikhilk.net/ScriptSharp/ from ...\MVC\tools\ScriptSharp (MVC.zip)
via http://aspnet.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=24142,"ASP.NET MVC RC 2 Source Code", in MVC.zipin ...\MVC\tools\ScriptSharp exists "readme.txt" which contains:          Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Readme for Script#                    - Script# Version: 0.5.0.0                    - To learn more about Script# and to get the ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

I am trying to find .NET FrameWork class libraries and ADO.NET libraries maps to hang in my cube at work or at home.
Hello,    I am in search of the .NET Framework 1.x and 2.0 and 3.0 class library maps and ADO.NET class library maps to hang/pin to my cube at work and also at home. I believe that helps understand more about the Framework and also if some thing is presented in a pictorial representation I guess I can learn more than reading whole lot of stuff.   So is there a place on the net or any company that offers this to buy or down load?   Any inputs or help me finding on this is greately appreciated.   Thanks in advance, -L   The Visual Studio magazine use...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

.Net mapping delimma
 I have a huge question that has stumped me for days now.....I have a flat file that contains hundreds of rows of data.......example format csv999,BobJones,123Street,Dallas,TX,76134,9000075555555,214-999-9999,XXC99,XX,Yes This is very straight forward.....I have an object to map it to named Person which has fields for all those data columns......No Problem there........Here is where I can not get the idea across.......Based on rules example (CSV the 1st column is n id to uniquely identify this person.... )if column 0 is blank,I need to read the last column of the file......In our e...

MVC site map ?
Hello all, distinguished programmers! The question - as the MVC is a site map and navigation on the site? At asp.net all done through SQLDataSource, but here? Check http://blog.maartenballiauw.be/post/2008/08/29/Building-an-ASPNET-MVC-sitemap-provider-with-security-trimming.aspx for an example on this one.Visit my blog at http://blog.maartenballiauw.beOrder my book ASP.NET MVC 1.0 Quickly via http://www.packtpub.com/asp-net-model-view-controller-1-0-quickly/book...

MVC with ADO.NET
I have spent the last couple of days searching, but can't seem to find anything on using ADO.NET in models and retrieving that information in the controller.I want to eventually use linq 2 sql, but at this point and time I need to do some stuff with ADO.NET.  Anyone have any code snippets or a link to a tutorial? Thanks. Buddy LindseyPersonal Blog http://www.buddylindsey.com/Blog/Technology Site and Blog - Beginnermediate  What kind of examples are you looking for? MVC doesn't care how you fetch your data, so you could use a DataAdapter to fill a DataSet or DataTable...

Web resources about - Map for Europe. - asp.net.mvc

Geography of Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Europe is traditionally reckoned as one of seven continents . Physiographically , however, it is the northwestern peninsula of the larger landmass ...

Europe on alert for New Year’s attack
AUSTRIAN police have beefed up security in Vienna and other cities after receiving a warning of possible attacks across the European continent ...

Europe needs to solve the Syrian crisis
Blame the US, blame the Arabs, but Europe contributed to the Syrian refugee crisis and it can't hide from the consequences.

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
Over a million refugees have made their way to Europe this year. Every country is complaining now, even Germany. So why isn't anything concrete ...

Amazon is secretly testing its own air freight service in Europe
Amazon has been secretly operating its own air freight service in Europe ahead of Christmas, The Evening Standard reports . The air freight ...

Over 1 million arrivals in Europe by sea: UNHCR - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine ...
Over a million refugees and migrants have reached Europe by dangerously crossing the Mediterranean Sea in 2015, nearly half of them from Syria, ...

Europe EV Sales Up 49%
Originally published on EV Obsession. More than 75,000 electric vehicles were registered in the European market in 2015, according to the most ...

Europe stocks lower amid oil bounce
European stocks traded lower on Thursday, following a strong performance from Wall Street overnight and as oil prices edged slightly higher.. ...

More than 1 million refugees enter Europe this year (+video)
The milestone represents the largest movement of migrants since World War II. EU countries continue to grapple with what to do, as the death ...

It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels
It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels