IE (6 & 7) iFrame Querystring Parameters Set In .NET MVC Page Not Working, Seemed Stripped, But Appear In Tact On Page Source

We're using .NET MVC, and we're trying to dynamically (through the controller) set the iFrame's URL. This worked fine on FireFox and Chrome, but not Ie. On Ie only the first case site lets the user log through correctly. The v10 and v9 sites don't. All sites use querystring params to log in. Their source looks like this (unsuccessful source in IE) - no visible difference.

* Also, we tried that whole IE7 Security setting Enabled for navigating to frame within another domain - that wasn't the problem; it still doesn't work. Also doesn't work on IE6. Same results as in the screenshots below.

* Also Html Encoding hasn't worked (not shown, but tried).

Any ideas would be so awesome! Unsuccessful IE source: td { font-family: Arial; font-size: small; }

----------------------------------------------------------------- successful IE source: successful source in IE7: td { font-family: Arial; font-size: small; }
------------------------------------------------------------- Code Snippet (View, then Controller): " %> td { font-family: Arial; font-size: small; }
" style="width: 100%; height: 95%;"> (now Controller code:) [AcceptVerbs(HttpVerbs.Post)] public ActionResult Navigate(string butSubmit) { _service = new SSOUserService(); SingleSignOnUser wnUser = _service.GetValidUser(TempData["username"].ToString(), TempData["password"].ToString()); ViewData["iFrameURL"] = "http://www.usatoday.com"; try { //if you are supposed to bypass the intersect page... if (wnUser != null) { switch (butSubmit) { case "WN": if (wnUser.IsWingnutUser()) ViewData["iFrameURL"] = string.Format("http://www.totallyinsecuretopostthis.com/users/{0}/login/{1}", wnUser.WingnutId, wnUser.WingnutToken); else { // do popup to capture this person's correct, but uncaptured, Wingnut password // try to authenticate, if can, save, and proceed // else, give error message / popup finally ViewData["iFrameURL"] = "popup"; ViewData["popupText"] = "Oops. During the Totallyinsecuretopostthis's recent Single Sign On effort, we require that you enter your Totallyinsecuretopostthis" + "password for us here one time only for authentication to SomePlace:"; } break; case "MyDg": if (wnUser.IsV10User()) { ViewData["iFrameURL"] = string.Format(@"http://my.totallyinsecuretopostthisv10.com/Login.aspx?&uname={0}&pword={1}", wnUser.V10UserCredentials.LoginName, wnUser.V10UserCredentials.Password); } break; case "V9": if (wnUser.IsV9User()) { ViewData["iFrameURL"] = string.Format( @"https://login.totallyinsecuretopostthisv9.com/clients/OtherPages/ExternalSignIn.aspx?UserName={0}&Password={1}", wnUser.V9UserCredentials.LoginName, wnUser.V9UserCredentials.Password); } break; } } } catch (Exception ex) { ModelState.AddModelError("Errors", ex.Message); } return View("Navigation", wnUser); }
0
sparanza
3/19/2009 7:55:35 PM
asp.net.mvc 4300 articles. 0 followers. Follow

New to MVC & MVC.net
Hi, I have never used the MVC design pattern before and the same applies for the new mvc.net. I have been working with ntier all the time. Where should i start to learn mvc and hence mvc.net so that i can use it in my software projects and have more grasp on it. Thanks. Sultan   Hi, start by taking a look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/. The ones about MVC and MVC storefront. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. I'd start with ScottGu's blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/sco...

AjaxToolkit Demo Page Doesn't Work Javascript Error in IE 6 & 7
The page is currently broken in these browsers, it does work in firefox which i find hilarious. Just letting someone know Hi imaginedesign,Thanks for contributing this error to the community.However the ajax toolkit demo page (which is online here: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit) works great in my IE6 (version:  6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254) For the MS people it would be helpful if you specified the following:The version of IE you are usingthe exact location where the error occured, (like page / url / control / ...)on what action was the error triggered? Wh...

when to use MVC View Page and MVC View Content Page
Hi, Can somebody explain properly, what is the difference between MVC View Page and MVC View Content Page. When do we create which type of page ... ThanksAtul  ViewPage and ViewContentPage are the same thing. The difference is that ViewContentPage expects to be the content of a master page and when you select a ViewContentPage it prompts you to select a master file. The end result is that a page that derives from the class page is created and in the instance of a regular ViewPage the html in the page starts with an Html tag and in the case of a ViewContentPage the html starts...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Can a page written in VB.Net 1.1 work with .Net 2.0 dlls?
Hi, Previously the Vb .Net page was working fine with GAC dll written .Net 1.1 . But the GAC dlls have been upgraded to 2.0 version and the page is thorowing error :"BC30002: Type 'CompanyUser' is not defined", where 'CompanyUser'is the class of the GAC dll. Can u help on this so that this page can be run without converting it to .Net 2.0? Thanks, SonaliThanks,Sonali  I think that you can set in IIS your page to run under 2.0. You do not have to upgrade site.__Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again! Hi, The only thin...

no .net pages working
Hi, I don't have a lot of experience with the .net framework, but I know basics. I'm trying to get a set of sample pages up and running on my machine, however none of the .net pages work. I have no problem serving non .net pages with iis, but can't figure out why my .net won't work. i have run the command aspnet_regiis.exe -i and since other pages work, obviously i have iis installed and running okay. What are some trouble shooting steps I can go through? I know the pages work fine, they run on someone else's machine here. Are you talking about running in you l...

MVC & Paging
Just a quick question:Can we expect some sort of native support for paging in the next release?Thanks!...

html content pageing in .net page
hi... i have a problem and i'm not find in web this problem. problem :  text data recorded in database and this text data content HTML. i want to pageing this textdata in page. i try count to character but to be HTML tag in text data... i hope understand me.  Hi. You can try using Server.HtmlEncode("<b>Your HTML Content Here</b>")Please don't forget to click "Answer" if it helps you as it may help others also. no no i'm not find this. i write problem again : example have a text (3000 character) and i do paging this text....

Paging in AP.NET/VB.NET
Hi All, Well... a simple problem perhaps regarding paging in an asp.net application using vb.net. I have a datagrid named dgResult and being trying to implement paging on it.  Following is the code to capture the PageIndexChanged event. Sub dgResult_PageIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Handles dgResult.PageIndexChanged dgResult.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex GetProperData() End Sub I have a break point at dgResult.Curre.... position.  The datagrid, just do not accept the method and I can not event trap the event using a break ...

Is there a way to add MVC to an existing web-forms-based web site so that the old .aspx pages still work alongside MVC?
I have an existing web site that needs to continue working in its old fashion as I make updates to it. I want to add the MVC framework to the web site, and then, as time permits, I want to be able to convert the original web forms-based pages into MVC-style actions/urls/views/etc. All the while, having both styles of pages working at the same time, so that I could for example update one section of the web site to use MVC and leave the rest of the site still using the web form style. Is this possible? Is it just as easy as doing it, or is there some special configuration t...

how we can move to jsp page from .net page
Actually i am having login page in .net ,i want to move to jsp page when we clink on the button,is it possible?  hiu can do thison ur button click in code behindOpen.Attributes.Add("onClick", "fun1()"); in source page of write this<script> function fun1(Src){ window.open("JScript.js?src=" + Src,"_blank", "height=550, width=750,left=100, top=100, " +  "location=no,    menubar=no, resizable=no, " + "scrollbars=no, titlebar=no, toolbar=no",true);      &n...

Is Ajax features invalid if set an "ajax page" as an "iframe page" of another main page????
  HI Guys: I upgraded my atlas web application to the ajax v1.0 version and found  a series problem: the ajax feature ( "no postback" ) is invalid in an "iframed page"!!  For exsample: I develop an ajax page A------- yes, it has scriptManager , updatepanel, some buttons in it and so on……,  if I open the page in a unique IE brower, everyting works fine , i can savor the amoratic breeze of ajax effects; however , If I open page B where these codes place:  <iframe src=http://page A url   width="700px" height="700px" scrolling="...

diffrence in design page & page in IE
I can see this table as normal but when I view this page in IE I found gap of 2 rows between lblAnnouncement row and Gridview. Why?I have searched for BR tag or Paragraph tag but found nothing. <TABLE style="WIDTH: 975px; HEIGHT: 257px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 166px" class="nav"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt"><asp:Literal id="lblAnnouncements" runat="server" Text="Announcements"></asp:Literal></SPAN></TD&g...

How to include another .NET page in your current page ?
Hello, Very simple question how do you include another .NET page in another ? Like say a include=test.aspx or something. I don't think it is possible and if it is, please someone show me some example code. What you can do is create user controls (*.ascx) and dynamically include them. On your page you can set a PlaceHolder control and in your code behind you could attach a user control to it PlaceHolderControlOnPage.Controls.Add(LoadControl("test.ascx")) Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answ...

Web resources about - IE (6 & 7) iFrame Querystring Parameters Set In .NET MVC Page Not Working, Seemed Stripped, But Appear In Tact On Page Source - asp.net.mvc

Platform Updates: Operation Developer Love
Since last Wednesday's post , we announced all the events in april we will be attending. Defaulting new apps to sandbox mode Starting today, ...

Oxford Professor of Poetry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(£4,695 as of 2005) plus £40 in travel expenses for each Creweian Oration . The Professor of Poetry delivers three lectures each year. In addition, ...

Z- blog跨站脚本攻击漏洞 - 80sec
Z- blog跨站脚本攻击漏洞

Check Websites For Bad Links And Invalid References In Mac - Integrity
One thing which should be considered to maintain the integrity of a website is that it must not have too many broken links, as they don't only ...

Smart cache-busting for your WordPress stylesheet
Is this a frustration you're familiar with? If you're like me you mess around with your Wordpress CSS stylesheet fairly ...

Getting Schooled: An America Tonight special series - Al Jazeera America
On air and online, America Tonight explores in depth some of the biggest hurdles keeping kids from a good education

AlloyUI
1.7.0 YUI 3.7.3 APIs Classes Modules Everything A.DataType.DateMath A.HTML5 A.io A.Node A.NodeList A.Plugin.IO Anim App App.Base App.Content ...

Serverside stylesheet switcher
Stylesheet switcher using jQuery This page can be used so that the stylesheet switcher degrades gracefully where Javascript is disabled or the ...

DEA Educational Foundation Gift Shop - Apparel, Office Supplies, Desktop, T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Hats ...
0 Items My Account - Order Status A Problem Occurred: Invalid input or characters from QueryString. Invalid input or characters from Querystring. ...

What is the limit on QueryString / GET / URL parameters? Finding content
What is the limit on QueryString / GET / URL parameters?