How to get MVC.NET to work on shared host?

Hi,

 I am not sure what I need to tell my host in order to run an MVC.NET application on their server. I tried simply publishing it, but I got an error. My host support said to simply change the 3.6.0.0 version to 3.5.0.0 in the web.config file. I tried this and this did not work. I was told by my host that .NET 3.5 was installed. I am not sure what to tell them to do in order to allow MVC.NET applications to run.

Thanks in advance

0
jimbruskalski
1/23/2008 3:26:56 AM
asp.net.mvc 4300 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 They'll need to download and install the asp.net extentions.

http://www.asp.net/downloads/3.5-extensions/

However, it's likely to be shared hosting, and considering the extensions are not even in beta, it's just a preview, it's unlikely that your host will be willing to install it.

Good luck.

0
tgmdbm
1/23/2008 4:04:26 AM

Rather than installing the extensions, can you not just copy the new .dll's to your bin directory?

0
ghotiman
1/24/2008 12:12:37 AM

Should I change something in web.config except simple copying System.Web.Extensions.dll to /bin directory?

0
threak
2/3/2008 10:15:06 PM

 2threak:

You may just replace the corresponding assembly references from inside the opened solution in Visual Studio.

Choose these "copied-to-bin" files as the new referencies.

0
coldseed
2/7/2008 8:06:04 AM

 System.Web.Extensions with MVC is 3.6.0.0, so what they told you is wrong.

Ben Scheirman
http://www.flux88.com

ASP.NET MVP
Certified ScrumMaster
ASPInsider
MCSD
0
subdigital
2/7/2008 10:01:59 PM

ScottGu says that this is going to be addressed in next the drop of MVC released at the same time as MIX08 (Early March).

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2008/02/12/asp-net-mvc-framework-road-map-update.aspx

Quote: The ASP.NET MVC Framework can be deployed in the \bin directory of an app and work in partial trust

Kind regards,

Paul

0
paul_blamire

Mvc.net Preview 2 does not work when deploying to Shared Hosting
I used Mvc.net First Preview before and I successfully deploy to IIS 6.0 Win2003 (Shared Hosting). Now, with the same code (some modified to meet the new API of Mvc.net Preview 2), I try to upload to the same server with the same configuration (Mapping .mvc extension, Install .net 3.5, Copy System.Web.Mvc.dll, System.Web.Abstractions.dll, System.Web.Routing.dll to the bin Directory). The problem is when I access www.domainname.com, it should show me /Home.mvc/Index page but the page is white blank. It is showing Default.aspx which is empty page that we need to add to support mvc.n...

MVC on .Net 2.0 shared hosting
My web host only supports up to .Net 2.0.  They have also informed me that because .Net 3.0 and up are full trust applications, that they will not be upgrading to 3.0 for quite some time.  I want to use the MVC framework now without having to pay for a more expensive web host.  Does anyone know of a reliable set up for .Net 2.0?  I've found a couple tutorials on google and such but they don't work when I try to run them.  I keep getting config errors. Usually pertaining to frame work or assemblies not found.  I don't care if I have to create this fro...

MVC with .NET 2.0 In Shared Hosting Scenario
Hello All!I can run a MVC application in my shared hosting without installing .NET 3.5 Extensions? In my hosting only have installed .NET 2.0. ;)I try to copy some DLL's to bin folder of my app, but, not successful.Anybody have a idea to-do this? Thank's in advance!Tiago Soczek  Hi Tiago, I'm pretty sure you will need to have the .Net 3.5 framework installed on your webhost to use the MVC application. It seems to rely pretty heavily on the new features.Nigel   Thanks for reply Nigel. Humn.... I can create a application in Visual Studio (MVC in .NET 2.0) an...

New to MVC & MVC.net
Hi, I have never used the MVC design pattern before and the same applies for the new mvc.net. I have been working with ntier all the time. Where should i start to learn mvc and hence mvc.net so that i can use it in my software projects and have more grasp on it. Thanks. Sultan   Hi, start by taking a look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/. The ones about MVC and MVC storefront. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. I'd start with ScottGu's blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/sco...

MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?
Hello. I´m new to MVC and I want to try it.. My fist question is: MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?Thanks!  You could get it to run on 2.0: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/DeployingASPNETMVCOnASPNET20.aspx, but you would be better advised to get 3.5 SP1.  It is free, after all.  So is Visual Web Developer Express, so you can play with it. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site ASP.NET MVC distributed assemblies reference System.Core.dll assembly from .NET FW 3.5 so you need .NET FW 3.5 to run ASP.NET MVC.Don't forget to click &qu...

.Net MVC
 Any advantage on the .Net MVC? Thanks BillwWebhost4lifeQuality Hosting, Quality Performance, Quality Pricing!Best Asp.Net Hosting! If you mean what are the advantages of ASP.Net MVC over the standard WebForms model, here's my list:Testability - Since your logic is within a standard .Net class (the Controller) you can test it by just constructing a new instance of that class and calling the method.  Sure, it gets a little more complex in more advanced scenarios, but I still find it much easier than testing WebForms appsStrong Separation of Concerns - In MVC, the framework g...

MSBuild in NET 3.5 does not work with MVC?
Hello,I was trying to build an MVC application with MSBuild of Framework 3.5 and it does not work. Yes, I have SP1. The MVC application is Preview 5.I always get errors as follows:"App.Views.Shared.Error is not allowed here because it does not extend class System.Web.UI.Page"It seems like MVC ViewPage and others are not recongnized ...Any idea of how to solve this?Thanks,Miguel MVC Preview 5 does with with .NET 3.5 SP1. Your error above is not related to that at all. Your MVC 'VIEW' is not inheritting the correct control. Suggested Solution: Your new view should be de...

MVC Site does not work on Shared hosting (godaddyDOTcom)
I've looked through several threads here and I've tried everything that I could change myself.  I've added ".mvc.aspx" to my controller rout, I've added copies of the System.Web.Abstraction, System.Web.MVC, and System.Web.Routing dll's to a dependancies folder within the app and set the references as such.  My site won't even display the home page.  I simply get a page not found error.  Can someone tell me what it is I might be missing with this? Thank you, RonRon WestbrookSoftware Engineer/OwnerWestbrook Solutions Group I think you n...

what is the oldest version of the .net framework MVC will work on ?
What is the oldest version of the .net framework that MVC aplications can be written on. Our ability to use it currently depends on it being able to run on the 2.0 Framework. It's a part of "ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions" (http://asp.net/downloads/3.5-extensions/readme/) so .NET framework 3.5 is declared as requirement.Regads,Paul  Thank you, i read the doc you referenced and it is clearly spelled out there....

What patch do I need for vs.net 2008 to work with mvc projects?
Hi,Setting up a new computer, and I have forgotten what download I need so that vs.net 2008 can open up MVC projects?as of now, i'm getting an error saying that it can't open up this type of project.  You need to download the preview from http://www.asp.net/mvc/  Note that this is Preview 3. If you wait til a bit later this week, there will be Preview 4....

Script#: broken link to http://projects.nikhilk.net/ScriptSharp/ from ...\MVC\tools\ScriptSharp (MVC.zip)
via http://aspnet.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=24142,"ASP.NET MVC RC 2 Source Code", in MVC.zipin ...\MVC\tools\ScriptSharp exists "readme.txt" which contains:          Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Readme for Script#                    - Script# Version: 0.5.0.0                    - To learn more about Script# and to get the ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

how to pass data base views (not tables) in to ado.net entity frame work in MVC
Hi  the question is: how to pass data base views (not tables) in to ado.net entity framework model    in MVC ??? in the site lots of MVC tutorial tells how to create a  entity framework model which comme from a table in db, somme one can tell me that's possible to create a entity framework model comme from a view in DB    Yes, you can; it works the same as a Table, except that it's read-only unless you define SPROCs to handle the create/update/delete scenarios.  From what I've read, EF doesn't support updateable views. Paul&...

I cannot get my C#.NET Email Form to work on Godaddy hosting account. Please Help!!!!
Hello;   I have created a contact us page and I am using .NET Mail classes to send the form via email. However I keep getting this error when I upload my info to the hosting server... Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. Oh and yes, it wont send any emails. here is my code... using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.Web...

Web resources about - How to get MVC.NET to work on shared host? - asp.net.mvc

Shared space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shared space is an urban design approach which seeks to minimise demarcations between vehicle traffic and pedestrians , often by removing features ...

Shared web hosting service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A shared web hosting service or virtual hosting service or derive host refers to a web hosting service where many websites reside on one web ...

Facebook Shuts Down Albania Pirate Group Page, Which Publicly Shared Windows Remote Desktop Logins
While hackers generally keep low profiles and take steps to keep their activities off the radar, one group that called itself the Albania Pirate ...

Paris attacks: father and son's talk about 'bad guys' shared around the world
A young French boy's moving conversation with his father about the "bad guys" who carried out the terror attacks in Paris has resonated ...

Malcolm Turnbull uses shared business background to reset Indonesian relations
Malcolm Turnbull has used his first major overseas visit to reset Australia's fractious relationship with Indonesia, leveraging his common personal ...

Child abuse royal commission: Headmaster knew counsellor shared penis stories
A former Brisbane private school headmaster has admitted he was told a school counsellor was sharing information about the size of boys' penises ...

Remembrance: Bonds forged through the shared hell of war
This Intimate War is a recent book of poems by Dr Robyn Rowland. With the Turkish translations next to them, these poems do not talk about glory; ...

Dramatic video and photos from Paris attacks shared on social media
Video and images of the attacks in Paris are being shared online. Here is a selection of some of the posts.

The Most Shared Ads of 2015: Cute Animals and Do-Good Messaging Dominate the Top 20
As 2015 nears its conclusion, Google Android's "Friends Furever" commercial is the most shared ad of the year so far, according to a anking by ...

A Google TV commercial starring fluffy animals has become the most shared ad of all time
A Google commercial dubbed "Friends Furever," which featured cute animals of different species being buddies, was the most shared ad of 2015 ...