Preferred Domain Controller fails with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.

Hi

I am currently setting up a lab with HMC 3.5 and I am having problem when using Provisioning front end to connect to ResourceManagerWebClient.

I can connect to that website, first I am asked for user and pass, I connect as domain admin.

Then when I enter the "Preferred Domain Controller": AD01.labdomain.sna

The error that I get there is:

Error in QueryResources:ShowBusinessMailstores: The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.

I did a nslookup of AD01.labdomain.sna and I get the right IP address

C:\>nslookup AD01.labdomain.sna
*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.135.121: Non-existent domain
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.135.121

Name:    AD01.labdomain.sna
Address:  192.168.135.121

I am totaly lost on how I can troubleshoot this.

Francois

0
MobileFrank
3/3/2006 12:31:16 PM
asp.net.mps 1200 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have a reverse lookup zone for your subnet ? Looking at the result of your nslookup it would appear that you probably dont. If not create one and register all your servers in it. The easiest way to do this especially in a test environment is to reboot your servers starting with the domain controllers.

HTH

Paul

Ever started something you wish you had'nt. Well MPS give's me that feeling.
0
PaulMon
3/3/2006 2:24:57 PM

There is a reverse zone on the Domain Controller ie AD01.

I did reboot all machines in the rack but the error is still there.

I removed ASP .NET 2.0 since it causes error on other stuff.

Any more ideas.

Francois

0
MobileFrank
3/3/2006 4:54:20 PM

I've only seen this when someone had added a mailstore to RM, and then went into Exchange System Manager and renamed the mailstore.

Other than that, all I can think of is that you should check to make sure that the Exchange back-end server has all the mailstores mounted, up and running.

The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.
Hi all,   Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times Ne...

Help required [The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable.]
Hi,I am accessing a web service, through internet, which is hosted on a distant server machine. It works fine while debugging the code (step by step) but crashes with "HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable" error when run with CTRL + F5. Any ideas as to how to resolve/diagnose the problem? Thanks & Regards,Omer Javed ...

HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable
We try to reach a web service on a remote web server, but sometimes it returns a 503 exception. Most of the time it just works fine... the exact error message is as follows: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable When I try to get the ?WSDL of the Web Service, everything behaves correctly. But now and then, the Web Service cannot be called correctly from an ASP.NET web site. Does anyone know what causes this strange problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Hugo The 503 status means that the server is unable to proce...

how to set status code of http response to 503 service unavailable
 hi i want to generate browser 503 error message in my httpmodule code when i set 403 or 404,500  it is displaying the corresponding error page but wheni set it to 414,503 it is displaying only palin page.    if (blockedHitCount == "true") {ErrorLog.WriteErrorLog(HttpContext.Current.Request, "", "inside blocked cache " + blockedHitCount.ToString()); HttpContext.Current.Response.StatusCode = 503;HttpContext.Current.Response.AppendToLog("inside blocked"); HttpContext.Current.Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.N...

MPS Control Panel
As the Subject descripes,When i'm trying to log in at Http://localhost/MpssambleCP/ as Administrator.I'm getting this faliure, And i can't figure out what the problem is."The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."Ive had googlet a little at the problem but nothing has solved the problem yet.Please help, i'm getting nowere.Kind regardsMikkel Smiszek Have you tried logging on as Domain\Administrator (of couse replacing Domain with your actual domain name)?  When you don't provide a domain name (or UPN based name), it will default to the local computer user accounts. If t...

system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Error in Calling Web Service Function
Hello Friends, I am using a web service to get availability information. i have only following url http://webservices.micros.com/ows/5.1/Availability.wsdl I added Web References to the VS 2008 project , then i tried C# proxy class created from wsdl tool But when i am calling any function from code it gives following error system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Please check the following page http://go-dev.com/clients/newyorkerhotelTest/reservations.aspx And click the Check Availability Button. Please tell me what...

HTTP 503 error: service unavailable
I posted this to Novell's Wireless newsgroup but haven't received any responses yet. I'm posting it here as well as it is a GW Webaccess problem. My friend has a fairly new Blackberry device (I believe it's a model 7100T with a T-Mobile phone) and he's trying to access his Groupwise email via GW Webaccess. We are running Groupwise 6.5 SP2 for all components (GW POA, MTA, GWIA, Webaccess). We have no problems accessing our email via Webaccess using a PC or laptop and a standard web browser. I think there's at least one more person who accesses his email via a port...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Hi, I am having problems creating and opening ASP.NET projects (VB.NET, C#.NET etc) in Visual Studio 2003. I received this error message every time and I create or open the project: The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/WebService1'. HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. It used to be working fine a long time ago. I mainly use ASP.NET C# but the error message comes out regardless of the language. Been researching and found somethings but could not rectify my problem. May I ...

http/1.0 503 service unavailable
Hi Guys, Please help regarding these error . When i m trying to Open or New project asp.net web application in visual studio 2003 web server showing this error " HTTP/1.0 503 service Unavailable" Tnaks to all Suresh See: http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=HTTP%2F1.0+503+service+Unavailable JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Is this happening when you are trying to create a new or open existing project in VS? or when trying to run your application by...

HTTP Status 503
Hello All, We installed the Sp7 patch on our Netware box that has Imanager on it. Now when you go to the login page you get this error: HTTP Status 503 - Servlet portalservice is currently unavailable. type Status report message Servlet portalservice is currently unavailable description The requested service (Servlet portalservice is currently unavailable) is not currently available Any thoughts on how we should go about trouble shooting this problem? Thanks Clint Clinton Eppleman wrote: > Hello All, > We installed the Sp7 patch on our Netware box that h...

Request Failed with HTTP status 503. server is not ready
--____SCFIAOKDGRGORDMJJKAA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 17 Aug 2006 07:07:32 -0500" iFolder 3, and Ws is XP w/SP2.. All of a sudden, I started getting this error on 2 workstations. I have no = problem on others, and no one else has reported the issue. I have = uninstalled ifolder3 from the workstation, reinstalled. Uninstalled, = cleaned up the registry, reinstalled, and still same issue.. I can ping the server, and the web piece works fine.. He...

Error Http/1.0 503 service unavailable
Hi Guys, Please help reagrading these error when i m trying to Open or New project asp.net web application in visual studio 2003 web server showing this error " HTTP/1.0 503 service Unavailable" Tnaks to all Are you trying to open it locally or over the wire? Do you have IIS installed on your machine (or your target machine)? Charley. IIS installed and i worked also but sunddenly this error is showing sounds like it is not running correctly... try resetting IIS (Start:Run: iisresest) ...

web service The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Im getting this error with a web serice ive created.  Im running on my local machine and using windows authentication.  Ive added some code to provide credentials but it still wont work.QAS.AddressVerificationService avs = new QAS.AddressVerificationService();avs.PreAuthenticate = true;avs.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;can anyone shed some light on this ?tiaMark You need to set access rights for the webservice called. see here:http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47233http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.p...

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
I am trying access a webservice through my web application but i am getting this error, can you please help me to get rid of this error?  Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)   at FORIS.TelCRM.RequestManagement.CustomerCare.UI.Requ...

Web resources about - Preferred Domain Controller fails with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable. - asp.net.mps

DJ Khaled Made an Inspirational Video for Jeb Bush
DJ Khaled has risen to Snapchat fame with his keys to success , tips for viewers on how to live their best lives. But on Jimmy Kimmel Live Wednesday ...

See how VFX transforms 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
Alert: Spoilers ahoy. There was a lot of talk about practical effects in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but make no mistake, digital dominates ...

Peyton Manning Takes a Sarcastic Shot After Al Jazeera America Folds
When asked about the end of Al Jazeera America in a press conference, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning took a sarcastic shot at the ...

Google Now launcher enables auto rotate, forces single icon size
If you use Google Now launcher, you may have noticed that there is no option that can enable auto rotation. While this is not a problem when ...

'Harry Potter' fans pay a magical tribute to Alan Rickman
Harry Potter fans devastated over the loss of Alan Rickman have found a fitting tribute for the actor. Rickman, who portrayed Professor Severus ...

David Bowie’s strange politics
In a Q&A, a premier Bowieologist tells us how to read an artist who made an impact without any explicit, coherent political statements at all. ...

Samsung Will Reportedly Be Apple’s Chief Supplier For iPhone OLED Panels
It has constantly been rumored for the past couple of months that Apple is going to shift to OLED displays for the iPhone . That would be a pretty ...

Microsoft now offering to upgrade business PC’s to Windows 10
I've spent many years working in IT, and the worst thing a user can do is upgrade software on their computer. Thankfully, it's a rare occasion ...

Captured drug kingpin El Chapo tried to trademark his own name in case he really got big
MEXICO CITY — Drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was eager to set up a face-to-face meeting with Mexican actress Kate del Castillo, and had ...

GoPro Stock Tanks After Bleak Revenue Prediction
(Reuters) - Gopro Inc's disappointing fourth-quarter revenue forecast showed that its action cameras are losing traction with customers, with ...