Installing .net 2.0 on the Provisioning Web Server (HMC 3.5)

I have one question, can i install .net framework 2.0 on the PROV server not on MPS server itself ? i need application that run on .net 2.0 and i will install it on a different site than default site on PROV server, and enable 2.0 on that site leaving default site on .net 1.1, does this affect MPS provision procedures that came from PROV server to MPS server (passing XML request to MPS engine)?

MY enviroment is HMC 3.5 with FP1 and all servers are windows 2003 SP1.

0
ameerxp
11/13/2006 3:24:39 PM
asp.net.mps 1200 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It should be safe to install .NET 2.0 on PROV01 as you described..

Thanks,

Dmitri Gaikovoi
0
DGaikovoi
11/13/2006 3:46:38 PM
Thanks alot for your reply, i installed it and i did not have any problem.
0
ameerxp

Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0
I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...." I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?   Thank you!Thank you,  Nevermind.... As usual 2 sec...

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

install .net 3.5 without affecting .net 2.0 sites?
On my local system I have developed an older site in asp.net 2.0 and do not wish to upgrade that site. However, I also want to build a new site and for that I want to use asp.net 3.5. Is there anything I should watch out for, or I can I just install the 3.5 runtime etc?please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Go ahead and install .net 3.5. It won't effect older projects. My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." The 3.5 framework is just extensions to the 2...

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Only .NET 3.5 installed but web apps can only use 2.0
Image below shows exactly what my problem is. Why can't I select 3.5 in the list when it's the only version I have installed?I downloaded 3.5 again and selected repair but the problem remains. Saturday3AM:Why can't I select 3.5 in the list when it's the only version I have installed? Because 3.5 uses the 2.0 framework.  You can't select a version, only the framework version, which is still 2.0.  Blame Microsoft for confusing numbers.  :) JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future...

Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...Please, advise.    ...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Deploy an Ajax 2.0 net 3.5 web app developed on vista vs2008 to 2003 server
Hi I have an app which works fine in the dev environment on vista. I am trying to deploy it to 2003 server. Just simply adding a deployment project gives a xcopy which errors: Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'. Can someone please point me to a link which goes through the steps necessary to get the deployment to include the ajax library? thanks Hi ExGliderPilot When we deploy the ASP.NET AJAX website to web server, we need to install the AJAX runtime which names System.Web.Extensions to the production server's GAC, and please take notice of the version of System.Web.Ex...

I installed .net 2.0 but there is .net 3.0 in the add or remove programs list as well, why
Hi, installed .net 2.0 "i know thats what iam running" but recently i found .net 3.0 as well when browsing the add or remove programs list. .net 2.0 is in the list as well but i dont remember a day i installed .net 3.0. The questions are how did it install. What version of .net is running on my system then. --------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- >>The questions are how did it install.  Are you running Vista?  (.net 3.0 comes with Vista) >>What&...

Web resources about - Installing .net 2.0 on the Provisioning Web Server (HMC 3.5) - asp.net.mps

Provisioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In telecommunication , provisioning is the process of preparing and equipping a network to allow it to provide (new) services to its users. In ...

Razor : DevOps + Bare-metal Provisioning - Nick Weaver of VMware - YouTube
"Razor : DevOps + Bare-metal Provisioning" Nick Weaver, Automation Architect at VMware at PuppetConf 2012. Join the Razor mailing list + ask ...

Inabox signs DGIT Telflow to upgrade its provisioning system
Australian ICT provider, Inabox Group, has announced plans to upgrade its provisioning platform to service delivery platform, DGIT Telflow, in ...

Citrix XenDesktop v.7.1 Provisioning Services (PVS) Deep Dive
Computerworld Australia is the leading source of technology news, analysis and tools for IT decision makers, managers and professionals. ...

Gemalto Demonstrates Remote Provisioning of Consumer Devices Based on GSMA Architecture
... world leader in digital security, presents a demonstration that brings to life for the first time a common architecture for the remote provisioning ...

Zero Touch Provisioning can help the network world catch up to server advances
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor ...

Improper ‘provisioning and planning’ blamed for Apple’s botched live stream, not CDN capacity
... in the future. Filed under: AAPL Company Continue reading more about AAPL Company at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Improper ‘provisioning ...

Metal as a Service: Canonical announces Ubuntu server provisioning tool
... company behind the Ubuntu Linux distribution, has announced a new tool called Metal as a Service (MAAS) that is designed to simplify the provisioning ...

Identity, Authentication, and Provisioning Them Online
Christina jotted down some thoughts on indentity on a flight to SF and I read them this morning. In her post, she references Ev's excellent post ...

Overland Storage Revolutionises Unified Storage with SnapServer DX, Provisioning-free Storage for Distributed ...
Overland Storage today unveiled SnapServer DX, a new unified NAS and iSCSI SAN device that leverages the company’s new standards-based ...