Using custom template with List component

I am curent using a List component to store a url, however I need to overload the template and each item will be in its own cell in a table, but on the same row. Problem is that although I seem to have items in the list, the data is never being shown.

I think its the way I am accessing the data in the list, ie I am passing the MobileListItem into a "code behind" method on the page, however when I place a breakpoint on this method it is never called?, and to confuse me even more, when I make the call to the method errornous the page fails!
Would really appreciate some help, newish to this business but getting there!
Code snippets at the bottom:
Many thanks
Richard
HTML:
<mobile:Label id="ContextLabel" runat="server">Label</mobile:Label>
<mobile:List id="ContextList" runat="server" ItemsAsLinks="True">
<DeviceSpecific>
<Choice Filter="isHTML32" Xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/mobile/html32template">
<HeaderTemplate>
</HeaderTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
</FooterTemplate>
</Choice>
</DeviceSpecific>
</mobile:List>

Code behind:
public string GetContextLinkMarkup(MobileListItem item) {
string markup = "";
markup += "<a href=\""+item.Value+"\">"+item.Text+"<\a>";
return markup;
}
0
rgparkins
9/16/2003 8:39:55 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Correction to the html:

td> <%# GetContextLinkMarkup((MobileListItem)Container) %></td>
thanks
0
rgparkins

Is there a .NET component for use with Authorize.Net?
I am wanting to find a .NET dll for use with real-time online credit card processing with Authorize.net, does anyone know where I can locate one? I do not want to use the MS WinHTTP component. Thanks DotNetCharge - http://www.dotnetcharge.comDotNetNuke Core Architect So, in the Site Settings in DNN 2.1 you can specify a variety of Payment Processors but a quick look at the code makes it look like only paypal is actually supported. Am I missing something. Are there ways to tie into Authorize.net. Specifically I want to do it for membership services.David O'Learywww.EfficionConsulti...

Having problems with Components that use other Custom Components [Edit]
I need to understand how the components work and interact with each other better. I have three components that I have created for my software so they can be included in a bunch of related applications. Host.bpl - Low level Disk I/O, Licensing, INI file functions, encryption, etc. Database.bpl - Database functions for many different databases Resource.bpl - GUI level functions. Any visual components My Database component uses the Host component for some of its functions My Resource component uses the Host and Database component functions All I need to place on my high level applicati...

Help, How to install a component to the VS .NET Component list?
HI, I have a problem now, I has just completed a ASP.NET control and now my objective is to create a setup package to install it to VS Toolbox and VS .NET Component list. I already had a solution for toolbox but I can't find any related information about .NET Component list (it's needed when developer wants to add my component from .NET Component list).Please help me!NOTE: I already had EvnDTE.dll and EnvDTE8.dll components to work with VS.Dang, ThangDang. MCSD,MCDBA,MCTS,ITProject+,PMP There is a free tool you can use to do that http://www.issoft.eu/component_installer...

Listing available template variables using Template Toolkit
Hi all, I'm interested in determining the parameters available to be set in a template using the template toolkit. I know that using HTML::Template I just have to define my HTML::Template object and then call $object->params() to return a list of parameters available. Is there a similar method / function in the toolkit? I'm looking through the docs and the "Perl Template Toolkit" book by O'Reilly, but haven't seen anything yet. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Jeff Eggen IT Programmer Analyst Sask...

Adding custom templates to the Repeater control and using the template on some of the databound-items
Hello! I'm new to building custom server controls from scratch. I've only built a couple of simple composite server controls. What I want to do is add a template to the repater control. I know that i need to extend the Repater into my own CustomRepeater but how do I control the output and what template that is being used for the item that is being databound? Say i have an array objects that is called CMPage with the properites Id, Name and Url. I bind this array to my CustomRepeater and have the aspx-code like this: <myStuff:CustomRepeater id="PageRepater" runat=&...

how to use a template which is created using .nettiers & codesmith in .net 2.0
Hi I have created a template using codesmith and .nettiers as they shown in creating template to generate a stored procedure using .nettiers and codesmith i have created it scucessfully. How this can be used in .net applications? after creating where it can be used and how to use? the following url shows the steps to create template to generate a stored procedure http://community.codesmithtools.com/blogs/videotutorials/ i searched for this but i couldn't get the result thanks in advance Archu ...

Using a custom component
I hired a company to develop a web application. They built most of it in VB because that is what I had started it with. One important piece, they did in C# and compiled it in to a DLL. I believe this is a "custom component". This component is called at the end of the application and it's function is to create a PDF file using static text and data from SQL 2005. I have done this before without compiling the PDF generation piece. I am having trouble getting the flow process I need to have happen for a smooth end user experience. On the last page when a user clicks a button that...

customizing template global/field-descs.none.tmpl and using Custom Fields
Hi, I am using bugzilla 3.4.4 I want both to modify the names defined in the template field-descs.none.tm= pl and to have at the same time Custom Fields. But when I install the custo= mized field-descs.none.tmpl, then the names of the custom fields disappear = on the bug filing page (and there may be some other consequences). So it se= ems that the use of custom fields is not compatible with modifying the fie= ld-descs.none.tmpl Is there any known issue related to this topic? What should I do in order m= aking this working. Thanks in advance for answers Franck ...

Automatic Reply using a template uses wrong template
I have successfully set up an automatic reply that uses a template. Further= customization is to have a different template used conditionalized on the = content of the incoming message. The problem is that with multiple template= s, all replies use the same template (actually, the first one created) rath= er than the one that should be selected based on the conditions.=20 Is it not possible to select among multiple templates? On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:26:53 AM UTC-7, Scott Ramos wrote: > I have successfully set up an automatic reply that uses a template. Furth= er custom...

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

how can i write this line using vb.net: List<User> myList = new List<User>();
and which package i need to import System.Collections.GenericDim myList as new List(Of User) If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer. avi999912: and which package i need to import Hi, If searching in MSDN, you will get this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6sh2ey19.aspx, in which, you can find the package at the Namespace subject. .NET Framework Class Library List(T) Class Represents a strongly typed list of objects that can be accessed by index. Provides methods to search, sort, and manipulate lists. Namespace:  System.Collections...

How to use a .NET component in Firefox?
Hi! Is there any possibility to use my .NET assembly in Firefox? It's a small control which shows RSS content in form of a ticker. It is originally written in VB .NET. I may use it in the Internet Explorer easily as a toolbar - now I want to use the same control in Firefox... Maybe it will work by doing the following: I have found an extension named IE-Tag which implents the Internet Explorer engine in Firefox.... Is there anyone who is interested in this topic or who knows something about this problem? Regards Rincewind I have forgotten a small thing. My control is final...

Using .NET component from PowerBuilder
Hi. We have an application developed in PowerBuilder 5, and we want to reuse a component built using Visual Basic .NET. For that reason a COM component was developed, but we would like to know the way we can access and use it from PowerBuilder. The component is already registered in the system. Do we have to use ConnectToNewObject or external functions? An example or reference would be very useful. Many thanks http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=106 On 5 Feb 2007 13:56:44 -0700, BB wrote: >Hi. > >We have an application developed in PowerBuilder 5, and we &g...

Web resources about - Using custom template with List component - asp.net.mobile_devices

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Corvette Stingray gets optional Z06 components
Filed under: Chevrolet , Coupe , Performance Chevrolet announces a series of upgrades available for the Corvette Stingray derived from the equipment ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Solar Power Is Booming and Its Biggest Component Is Dirt Cheap
Prices for polysilicon, the main ingredient in solar cells, have dropped to a record low amid a supply glut that won’t end soon.

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people