Use SQL Server 2000 in windows mobile 5.0 application

Hi,

I am starting to learn about the Windows Mobile 5.0 and Visual Studio 2005. My question are as follows:

1. How can i manually install SQL Server Mobile to my smartphone or Pocket PC
2. Can i use SQL Server 2000 as the backend database of my Windows mobile 5.0 application

thanks.

0
marvz
5/11/2006 1:04:05 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi

1. To install Sql Server Mobile on your device, just create a project in VS2005 for your type of device and include this in the programs.cs file:

using System.Data.SqlServerCe;

This will install the necessary components on your device.
You'll need to make a reference in your project to System.SqlServerCe too...
Hope that helps a bit. Haven't tried to really manually install the sql server.

2. Yes. but keep in mind memory and performance restraints on handheld devices, and storage capacity.

Marius.
0
Ramius

Using SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 with DBRemote 5.5.05 on the Same Windows 2000 Server
Is it possible to use SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 with DBRemote 5.5.05 on the Same Windows 2000 Server? If so how do you upgrade just the DBRemote portion? Rich Edwards It's possible but I wouldn't suggest it. If you do want to do it, there are two options : 1) Read over the Client Application Deployment whitepaper (http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002363) and find out the minimum files required to run dbremote. Install the full 5505 software (with EBF just for good measure) on another machine and then copy over the required files to the machine running 5504 into a separate di...

Webcast Today: Building Smart Data Sync Applications for Window Mobile 5.0 Using Visual Studio .NET 2005
Mobile applications enable workers to access mission-critical information and applications outside the office. With the wide array of mobile devices available designing versatile and efficient applications that will function correctly in all types of wireless networks becomes an important design issue. This Webcast is a must if you are developing a .NET application for Windows Mobile 5.0 devices. We will examine important new features within Windows Mobile 5.0 as well as discuss techniques that will move your mobile application to the next level. During the Webcast we will dem...

Using SQL Anywhere 5.0 Server with Windows 2003 Server
Currently my company uses an SQL Anywhere 5.0 database and Server software on a Windows NT 4.0 Server (Server Pack 6a). My company has recently purchased a new Windows 2003 Server and will want to transfer this database to that platform + the SQL Anywhere 5.0 Server software. I have been able to load and use SQL Anywhere 5.0 Client successfully on Windows XP Prof. My question is, will the SQL Anywhere 5.0 database and Server software migrate happily to the new Windows 2003 Server or do I need to upgrade ??? SQL Anywhere 5.0 is no longer supported, http://www.ianywhere.com/products/...

Idle Application Kills Session (IIS 5.0/Windows 2000 and .NET 2.0)
Hi there,I've got a .NET 2.0 application running on a Windows 2000 box with IIS 5.0.  There were never any session problems for 3 years with this thing when it was 1.1, but since we upgraded the app to 2.0, the session seems to get killed after 30 or 40 minutes of application idle time ... at least I think.  We've been having a little trouble tracking down when exactly the session gets killed, but we think it's when no one has been using the database for 30 or 40 minutes (e.g. if one person is using the app every 5 minutes the session will stay alive for another person ...

Helps needed in implementing voice recorder in Windows Mobile 5.0 using .NET Compact Framework 2.0
Hi guys, Is any of you experienced or aware of how to write a simple voice recorder program which allows you to record your voice, stop the recording, play the recorded voice and stop playing it? Anyone can help me on that? I've been trying days and nights but can't get it working still >.<" Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks a million. Regards,Jenson Jenson, Is there a specific point in which you are having problems?  Have you looked at the OpenNetCF project's extensions around audio recording? Cheers,ColinBlog: http://colin.rockstarguys.com---When you ask a que...

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

Windows 2000 Support for Sql Anywhere 5.0 and 5.5?
Hello, I was hoping if anyone could shed some light on whether Sybase supports SQL Anywhere 5.0 and 5.5 on the Windows 2000 Server platform? Our proprietary software only works with 5.0 and 5.5 and we're having trouble. (only one machine can connect to the SQL server at a time) Using SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server. Workstations are Windows NT 4. (Service Pack 1) Thanks in advance..you can reply to zuberal@manulife.com or to the newsgroup. You need the latest 5.5.05ebf from the Sybase website in order to get the engine working on Windows 2000. -- Jason...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 and Windows 2000 server migration from NT4
I have a small multi-user copy of SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 running on NT4 server, each client station has their own private database stored on the server thru the financial application that's running. The server starts the database engine thru registry entries alone. There is nothing in the ODBC section other than what gets installed with SQL Anywhere 5.0. There is a small database associated with the server but it's been stored in an odd location on the shared drive and may have more to do with the client application than the server. I migrated everything to 2000 server, and copied ...

Problem in Using Windows Authentication for IIS 6.0 and connectiong to SQL Server 2000
Hi, I have problem connecting to SQLServer from ASP.net application. The SqlServer & IIS 6.0 are on different boxes. and I am using the Integrated windows Authentication on IIS. For connecting to SqlServer, I am giving the connection string with Integrated Security ie. myConnSTring = "server=GOLD; Integrated Security = SSPI; database=HRIS_Test" I have also made the identity impersontion to true in my web.config file thinking that impersonted identity will be used for conencting to the SQLSERVER. and Using the Network Service Account as the redefined Indetity in IIS ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 to a Windows 2000 server
Is there any known issues or problems with converting a NT server running SQL Anywhere 5.5 to a Windows 2000 server? Upgrade to 5.5.05 Build 2787 or later and you should be fine. /ck "William R. Riley" <wriley@muscanet.com> wrote in message news:sFadbmlYBHA.374@forums.sybase.com... > Is there any known issues or problems with converting a NT server running > SQL Anywhere 5.5 to a Windows 2000 server? > > > Yes, there have been some issues that come up because of Win2K but most of them have workarounds implemented in the latest 5.5.05 e...

Web resources about - Use SQL Server 2000 in windows mobile 5.0 application - asp.net.mobile_devices

Second visa application 'likely' to be approved
The family of a terminally ill Pakistani student can 'hopefully come to Australia sooner rather than later' says Immigration Minister Peter Dutton. ...

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 37% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance, Purchase Applications Both Up in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 7.3 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released
CNN Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released CNN (CNN) The visa application of one of the San Bernardino shooters was released ...