Tutorial for C# windows mobile 5.0 web services

Hi

I am new to posting in Forums so I apologise if this has ended up in the wrong location.

I have just recently started to learn c# after coming from a background in java.

I have been tasked to write a client server application for a pocket pc using the .net framework and am looking for a good tutorial, wether it be in the way of videos, code examples or written tutorials.

Basically I will be programing using Visual Studio .net using the c# language. The application will be on a hand held wireless PocketPc that will connect to a remote Oracle datebase via a serverlayer which will receive stock quantities from the handheld to update the database and maintain acurate stock levels.

I have been told that the best approach to this type of functionality is to use a Web Service and so I would be ever so grateful for any suggestions you would have for pointing me in the right direction to get me on my merry way.

Regards

giggsyny
2/16/2007 3:09:18 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

vivek_iit

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'
  Server Error in '/Bradford' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'Source Error:[No relevant source lines]Source File: vbc : Command line    Line: 0 Show Detailed Compiler Output:c:\windows\system32\inetsrv> "C:\WI...

Windows Mobile 5.0 vs Windows CE 5.0
Are the Windows Mobile 5.0 and the Windows CE 5.0 the same thing? I am trying to buy a phone that I can make some .Net mobile programs for and I am looking at the cingular 2125 ( Here is a link to the info about it ) but I don't know if those two things are the same so I don't know if this phone will work. Can somebody help me out? Thanks!...

Mobile web applications for Windows mobile 5.0
Hi,I am developing a mobile web application supporting different operating systems (windows mobile and symbian) using Visual studio .NET 2003.I want to support the new Windows Mobile 5.0. Can i still use visual Studio. NET 2003?Microsoft lists that Visual studio .NET 2005 is the single tool to develop applications for windows mobile 5.0? i guess, it is windows applications.link:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppcgen/html/devtoolsmobileapps.aspAny ideas will be highly appreciated.ThanksNewbie :)...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729
Name: Patrick Email: plakt97312atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729 Comments: Firefox 3.5.7 running on HP Laptop hp G60, with Vista. When opening various websites, Firefox has functionality problems, specifically the minimize, size window, or close buttons in the upper left corner do not work. The scroll bar still works. Also, if I go to a website (i.e. Hotels.com AAA.com, etc.) and use a calendar at the site to select a date, Firefox freezes some of the time and...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: hajori Email: hajoriataondotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: (Deutsch) Seit den Update braucht Firefox 5 Minuten um eine neue Seite zu laden das kann doch nicht normal sein ?????????? Oder ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

Helps needed in implementing voice recorder in Windows Mobile 5.0 using .NET Compact Framework 2.0
Hi guys, Is any of you experienced or aware of how to write a simple voice recorder program which allows you to record your voice, stop the recording, play the recorded voice and stop playing it? Anyone can help me on that? I've been trying days and nights but can't get it working still >.<" Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks a million. Regards,Jenson Jenson, Is there a specific point in which you are having problems?  Have you looked at the OpenNetCF project's extensions around audio recording? Cheers,ColinBlog: http://colin.rockstarguys.com---When you ask a que...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: James Kiekow Email: jamesdotkiekowathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: Dear Excellent Developers, I share a passion for the same in IT and I wanted to mention that I have the previous version of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) installed and it was extremely slow surfing the web so I upgraded and my assumption was correct it was the install I believe of th...

Programming under Microsoft® CE.NET 5.0 or Windows Mobile™ 5.0 operating systems
Hi, Will writing code (.net application) would be the same on these OS as Windows xp prof? I mean if I build application on xp 2.0/3.5 framework, will that work on those computers which has ce / mobile os?   Regards The reverse is true.  Application built for windows ce will run on windowx xp.  Good Luck What about in Mobile edition? The following note is from the microsoft : Overview The Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP2 Redistributable contains the common language runtime and class libraries built for the .NET Compact Framework. In addition to supp...

Windows CE 5.0 Project Dynamic Web Service Url problem
Hi,I'm working on a mobile project. I have a web service which has static url. I want to make it dynamic. It's possible to change it from the properties but it does not change reference.cs file.Static url stays there without any change.If I do same thing in a class library project reference.cs automatically changes  ...Even System.Configuration does not have ConfiguationSettings or ConfigurationManager... So what is wrong with Mobile project ? How can I configure web service url from config file without any compilation in  mobile project? Thanks Hi UBGand...

Web resources about - Tutorial for C# windows mobile 5.0 web services - asp.net.mobile_devices

User:Murph146/tutorial based information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Welcome to the Wikimedia Bookshelf! The Bookshelf is a vast collection of high-quality, freely licensed, user-generated informational material ...

Check Out These Timeline Tutorials For Facebook Pages
Ready or not, all Facebook pages will default to timeline in nine days. Timeline tutorials appear in three videos from Polish graphic design ...

iOS Tutorial - Facebook-Entwickler
This document will guide you through Facebook Platform integration for iOS. We will walk you throu...

Learn Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and more - Training and Tutorial Videos
Groove 3 is a leading provider of training and tutorial videos for today's popular music software and recording techniques. View training videos ...

iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials
News and tutorials to help you understand your Mac and other Apple Products

Tutorial: Translating Your Applications Using Facebook’s Crowd-sourced Translation Service
One of the big announcements from Facebook’s F8 developer conference last week was the launch of access to Facebook’s translation tool for third ...

Web Designer Wall – Design Trends and Tutorials
Web Designer Wall is a blog designed and maintained by Nick La. Topics focus on web design, tutorials, and modern design trends.

Future Music: Technology and Tutorials for the Modern Music Producer for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad ...
Get Future Music: Technology and Tutorials for the Modern Music Producer on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Rites & Rituals: your video tutorial for the Clique October Challenge
A first birthday, school formal, wedding, or an early morning swim, ... your brief for the October Clique Challenge is to create an entry documenting ...

Dusk 'til Dawn: your video tutorial for the November Clique Challenge
Fairfax photographer Wolter Peeters joins us for our latest video tutorial with practical advice on making a strong photograph for your November ...