Regular web app or Mobile web app.

Im targeting PocketPCs only (w/PocketIE). I changed the web.config to cookieless="true" and placed buttons with events. Im getting the postbacks and everything looks good so far...

Can we just use this intead of the mobile web app project? Whats the difference?

Duke
0
elduke
12/18/2004 8:16:59 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use either a regular Web app or a mobile app, presuming you are targeting ONLY Pocket IE.  Pocket IE accepts HTML.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

Web Apps vs. Web Sites (was: Universal Navigation for Web Apps)
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Justin D'Arcangelo <justindarc@gmail.com>wrote: > there needs to be a differentiation between > web sites and web *apps*. > While we might be able to describe characteristics that conceptually separate a "web site" from a "web app", I think in reality they will exist on a continuum. Chris Jones is right that we need more data from actual app developers on this, but I can provide some anecdotal evidence by telling the story of a web app I worked on which got listed in a web app store. I worked on a web-b...

How to use a web user control from one web app in another web app?
I have a production web app project (at work) that has custom web user controls in it.I have another web app project for experimenting and I want to use some web controls from the production web app. The big trick is that I need to load the controls dynamically.LoadControl() doesn't seem to work - it complains about loading controls from a different application. I also tried adding a project reference to the production web app and using "UC1 newUC = new UC1();" and then "this.Controls.Add(newUC);", but the controls (like TextBoxes) on the web user control don't seem to exist on the new UC1s....

Can we include AJAX controls in a regular web app? or do we need to create AJAX WEB APP?
I wanted to know that to use the ajax controls that comes with asp.net 2.0, do we need to build an ajax web site or we will need to develop a regular web application and can use the ajax. As when we open visual studio 2005, it asks us that do you want to create, 1) asp.net web application OR 2) AJAX ENABLED WEB APPLICATION?     Hi! If you use AJAX ENABLED WEB APPLICATION you will have automatically: 1 - reference to System.Web.Extensions assembly (base assembly for ajax) 2 - all necessary configurations on web config 3 - a page with a script manager inside (script ...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

Determining if an app is a web app or a windows app
Hi all,  I'm writing a generic utilites class and one of the methods needs to get the physical path of the application. I know Server.MapPath("~") gets the server path of the app for windows and also that Application.ExecutablePath gets the path for windows app. Now how would i determine which app is a windows app or a web app?   Thanks in advance. add a reference to system.web and then do the following  if (System.Web.HttpContext.Current == null)            {       &...

Terminology
Hi all, I've been having interesting discussions about this recently, and = thinking about it a lot, so I thought I'd open it up to the wider = engagement community as I thought you might have some insight on this, = particularly the tech evangelists. I have been using "Open Web App" as a term to describe the kinds of web = experiences I am teaching people to create via the Apps documentation on = MDN (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Apps). This includes = stuff like install API, manifests, priviledged APIs, etc. that are = currently only on Firefox ...

Best INTRANET option; one web app or mulitple web apps
My company has several small client/server apps and they want then move to asp.net.  Some of these apps may call each other pages and share some pages for searching data.  The main question is: Best option or practice--- Do we create multiple virtual directories or just one virtual directory and split out the apps in their own separate folders?  If we use one large app, are you able to compile just a part that was changed or do you have to bring down the entire site?  Will sub directories work the best? Any opinions or directions to a white paper would be greatly apprec...

Calling local client apps via web form/web app.
Hello all,I am not sure if this is the correct area to ask this, so excuse me ifI posted in wrong area. I'm a bit of a newbie to this but I was wondering if I can call a local app. via a web application.  A friend suggested looking into ActiveX controls, but I am not familiar with them.  Also what other alternatives are there beside using ActiveX? I read about using Flex and Applets but again I don't know which would be my best option and what kind of security issues I may be dealing with?  If anyone can inform me or suggest a reference or book I would appr...

Run Vb.net Web app using Web Harpoon
Does anyone know what Begin Tag and End Tag to use to run a VB.Net web App in Web Harpoon? We are experiencing errors trying to run the app. Error --> The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Thanks,   Erik...

Deploying PowerBuilder client/server app as .NET Web app
Hi when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any error messages. --Deploy--- Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed as shown below. ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2 (1:50:39 PM) Checking IIS server... Generating .NET assembly file... Generating PBD files... Copying to IIS server... Deploy succeeded. ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbt...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

web app vs web site vs web project
Could someone describe the differences between web sites, web apps and web projects? (or send me a link that contains this comparison?). Is one of these terms synonomous with another? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?  How does one choose when starting new development? Can one type be converted into another?     Thank you. Here is my definition: Website: perspective of users. Collection of web pages.Webapp and project: perspective of developer (and webmasters). Collection of web pages and resouces (database, code, etc.). Maybe software installers...

web web web

Web resources about - Regular web app or Mobile web app. - asp.net.mobile_devices

Regular - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Releases Global Government Requests Report, Promises Regular Updates
... Prism initiative , Facebook Tuesday released its first Global Government Requests Report , saying that it will “release these reports regularly ...

regular FARTO (@rottendevice) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here regular FARTO @ rottendevice ...

Ride 'Em Rigby - Regular Show on the App Store on iTunes
Get Ride 'Em Rigby - Regular Show on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Oldies but goodies: A look at the age-40+ MLB regulars
Last year only seven forty-year-old players played in the majors. A look at the seasoned players ready to contribute in 2016. With Bartolo Colon ...

Iowa vs. Michigan State: Score and Reaction from 2015 Regular Season - Bleacher Report
No. 1 Michigan State is undefeated no more following an 83-70 loss to unranked Iowa at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Tuesday evening...

Drinking carbonated water vs regular water - Business Insider
There are many misconceptions about the bubbly drink.

What's at stake for NFL playoffs as regular season winds down
It’s the final week of the NFL regular season and it features some big games with big playoff implications

Relax It's Probably Just A Regular American With A Gun
Omigod is this more jihadist terrorism in Wisconsin? A suspect was taken into custody after police responded to a “high-risk situation” in Neenah, ...

Curry: After first 30 games, 'regular-season grind is upon me'
Enter to win prizes during the entire month of January! You can win tickets to a Warriors game, CSN studio tours, a chance to attend the Coaching ...