Mobile web forms does not work on old mobile devices!

Hi,

I am using mobile web forms in .Net to create pages that can be displayed on mobile devices.
I want my page to work on all kinds of mobile phones however, the page can not be viewed on certain devices such as old nokias.
There must be a way that I don't know to make the mobile form with some style sheet (vital element for me) to be viewable in old devices.

Does anyone have any idea about this? Please Please Please let me know.

I can say it's kinda urgent !!!

leila
4/5/2007 11:06:44 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

leila:
I want my page to work on all kinds of mobile phones however, the page can not be viewed on certain devices such as old nokias.

It is a well known missunderstanding of ASP.NET Mobile Controls that one can develop applications with them which work with all mobile devices.

ttklf4 on Twitter
0
SKT_01

Backcolor to mobile:link in mobile web form in mobile .net site
Hello every one  How to set back ground color to mobile: link in mobile web formI used backcolor property but doesn't work. Help me.Thank you.. ...

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

Is there any third party mobile controls(tools) available for .net mobile web form
 Is there any third party mobile controls(tools) available for .NET MOBILE WEB FORM. Hi nwmganesh, I am not aware of third party control, please try to search on the web.   Best regards,Guang-Ming Bian - MSFTPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. ...

Info: Mobile Magic: Mobile Container – Mobile Web Form and Panel Control
Hi, This is to inform that DotNetForce has published series of articles which will help the developers to learn the ASP.NET Mobile Controls. We cover in-depth of the Mobile Application development. In the first article named Mobile Container – Mobile Web Form and Panel Control we will discuss the Mobile Web Form control and see how is it different from ASP.NET Web Form control. We will explore the advantages and disadvantages in using Multiple Forms with in a page. This article series will also introduce you to panel control, which acts for grouping the content further inside the form...

Web forms and mobile web forms

.net mobile not working in nokia mobile browser
Hi,I implemented a ASP .Net 2.0 Mobile page. When I view the page in IE/FireFox/Windows Mobile 5.0 or the OpenWave Emulator the page works fine.   But when I test it in the Nokia Mobile Browser (4.0) I get the following error:   Cannot load http://www.domain.local/mobile.aspx (http error 503 service not available)   The mobile.aspx file is located on an internal development domain which explains the .local extension. Could this be the problem? The Nokia Wap Gateway Simulator is running and other wap urls work fine Am I missing out something here?   t...

Why mobile controls
I see a lot of discussion here on the mobile controls for wireless/pdas etc. Most of the modern devices (browsers) on the market today support XHTML/HTML so why continue to go down the mobile controls route? Why not build small footprint pages using regular web form controls? I realize there is a compatability issue with older devices that only support wml but what if campatability with older (>2/3 years) didn't matter? MS even dropped support for mobile forms from VS2008 so my guess is this is their thinking also. Love to know what peoples thoughts are on this and what direction the...

Could you provide setfocus to mobile textbox in mobile web form?
Hi,  I am developing mobile application using asp.net mobile controls. How to provide a setfocus to mobile textbox after clicking command button in mobile web form (using javascript or any other scripting or server side) Please help me regarding this. Thank you.      Hello, you can try to use JavaScript to achieve this. IE of Windows Mobile 5 and later shall support the focus scripting method:  textbox1.focus(); Other mobile browsers may also support such a scripting method. You will have to test this method for each mobile browser.ttklf...

Comparison Web Form <-> Mobile Web Form
Hi all,Is there any overview of the (dis-)advantages using Mobile Web Forms compared with normal Web Form? I know I need to use Mobile Web Form if it should be accessible with handhelds, but does it make sense using Mobile web Form when the webpage should not be available for handhelds?Thanks!      The benefit on using the mobile web form is the ability to use the mobile controls that had adaptive rendering for different handsets. The built in features of controls like the objectlist and selectionlist are great and and form paging is also a neat thing.If you are not dev...

Detecting Mobile Device on web form
Hi there guys. Im having issues trying to redirect users on my site with PDAs from the normal web forms to mobile web forms i have created. can any one show me how i can code a page to detect this in the 'load' event.Matt...

Working with MasterPages in Mobile Web Form?
Hello, everyone would like to know if there is some form or method in the same way as in ASP.NET WEBSITE to use MasterPages with Mobile WebForm? If someone can help me now thank you Translated from Portuguese to English by GoogleLADEF - BRAZIL Hi LuizIta, As far as I know, mobile web form doesn't support MasterPages, you can use web user control instead .   Best regards,Guang-Ming Bian - MSFTPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. And how would I do that any example, link or article that talk about how I build a we...

How to disable and enable session state for more than one mobile devices in mobile web?
Im developing a mobile web, since asp.net could be used on various type of mobile devices(mobile phone, PDA), so i am wondering whether can i disable session state for PDA and enable session state for other non-cookie support mobile devices? Meaning that in the web config file , i wish to have both disable , enable configuration...is it possible? thanks Maybe you can do this kind of an initialization when Session starts. But, basically, I see no point of your question. If you know that you may have visitors with devices that doesn't support cookies, then you have to use cookieless sessions...

Depolying mobile web application in Window Mobile Device 6.1
hi I have Window Vista Operating System. I am using Asp.net 2005. I implemented asp.net mobile web applicatioin Now I want to test my Blackberry Perl mobile how i can check with Window Mobile Device 6.1 ? Hi, I'm not sure what's your question is but, you can test both mobile devices using there SDKs that contain device emulation debuging + stand alone device emulation. Using them you can test the look & feel of your site on both PDA's.   Good luck. Thanks for your replyactually I want to do like thisI implement asp.net mobile web application, now i want to ...

Web resources about - Mobile web forms does not work on old mobile devices! - asp.net.mobile_devices

Mobile Internet device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are designed to provide entertainment, information and location-based services for personal use, rather than for corporate use. They allow ...

Samsung patents an S-Pen case for non-Note Galaxy devices
If Samsung's Galaxy S series represents the most stunning of the company's mainstream devices, its Galaxy Note series stands for pure power, ...

Microsoft really wants Apple Watch users to trade in their device for a Band 2
Microsoft has recently unveiled a new program in hopes of convincing wearable device users – including Apple Watch owners – to trade in for the ...

Analog Devices Halted, Falls 3% on Warning Mobile is Weaker
Shares of chip maker Analog Devices (ADI) are down $1.31, or 2.6%, at $49.19, after being briefly halted, as the company warned its revenue for ...

Advanced chip from DARPA can create unjammable electronic devices for the battlefield
... and strategic part of modern-day warfare. With today's battlefield packed with high-tech weapons, radars, and advanced communications devices, ...

This pocket-size device aims to solve one of GoPro's biggest problems
... of lugging around a laptop, external hard drives, and running complicated editing software, his company created an extremely versatile device ...

Apex Protects Investments in Handheld Electronic Devices for Retailers, DCs
... the large investments they've made in handheld electronics and point-of-sale equipment. NEW YORK( BUSINESS WIRE )As handheld electronic devices ...

Xiaomi hit by slowing Chinese market, misses device shipment goal
Xiaomi said Friday it shipped over 70 million smartphones in 2015, short of an ambitious target it had announced last year, amid growing competition ...

Recycle your old device — save the planet
If there's one thing we know, it's that technology is continually evolving. This is what we love about it. The excitement of the next Apple product, ...

Worldwide smart home device shipments to nearly double in 2016, says ABI Research
The raft of smart home devices displayed at CES 2016 highlights the growth and potential of the smart home market. Over the next 12 months, smart ...