I want to create a mobile application using asp.net.From where i have to download the .net mobile we sdk

Hi

I tried googling on creation of mobile applications using asp.net.I am using visual studio 2005 for creating websites.What else i need to download to create a mobile application.

I tried for searching .net mobile web sdk beta 1 in microsoft site.But no luck i didn't find it.

Itz very urgent please help me.I want my code like this.What should i download and how to create the mobile application

<%@ page inherits="System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage" Language="VB" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="Mobile" Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls" Assembly="System.Web.Mobile" %>

<script runat="server" language="vb">
Private Sub cmddisp_click(obj as object,e as eventargs)
lblmsg.text="Welcome " & txtname.text &" You are using Mobile Web form using .Net"
End sub
</script>

<mobile:Form id="Form1" Runat="server">
<mobile:Label id="Label1" Runat="server">Enter Your Good Name</mobile:Label>
<mobile:TextBox id="txtname" Runat="server"></mobile:TextBox>

<mobile:Command id="cmddisp" onclick="cmddisp_click" Runat="server">Press Me</mobile:Command>
<mobile:Label id="lblmsg" Runat="server"></mobile:Label>
</mobile:Form>

0
aditya_raj
12/20/2007 5:10:00 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 Are you trying to create a web site usable by mobile devices? If so create a regular web site but only add mobile pages and user controls to it.

If an application to run on a mobile device, then create a project of type "Device Application".

TATWORTH
12/20/2007 7:43:09 AM

my actual need is i am desining a small website when user buys a phone card it will save the pin to database.

and i have to retrive that pin from database and send the phonecard details with the pin  to mobile .

i tried to build the whole page as normal  aspx page and tried to access that link using a wap emulator which validates the encoding.But i am sucessful for sharp mobile not to Nokia N71 ,Samsung,LG mobiles.I think they are failing bcos of validation of encoding thing.

I will get a link to mobile and when i click on that link i will get the card details displayed in mobile.

0
aditya_raj
12/20/2007 10:53:30 PM

Try using the mobile pages instead of the standard pages as the mobile pages will render according to the device capability.

TATWORTH