how to connect Oracle Database in Smart Device Application using .Net Compact Framework

Edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums

Dear all,

I am using Smart Device Application using .Net Compact Framework & want to access Oracle database (such as inserting,updating,retrieving data from oracle database). Can anyone provide me any code (in C#) for data access or any link related to this topic?

Regsrds

Anirban

0
anirbandas_ju
4/3/2006 10:02:20 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You did not mention where your oracle database resides.

One way is to write a web service where you can write all your code related to database access and manipulation.

You can call this web service from your smart device application.

Hope this helps you.

Vinit

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" if this post helped you. It will earn points for both you and me.
0
Vinit
4/3/2006 12:02:03 PM

Thanks Vinit .Its  worked!!

Anirban

0
anirbandas_ju

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

Oracle database connection using Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2.0 framework
My connection string is in my web config file, generated when I added a sql data source.  I can go under tools and connect to database and compare the connection string there to the one in web config and they are the same but when I try to view my page which contains a gridview I get a database connection error saying  "Keyword not supported: 'unicode'."  When I remove the unicode=true parameter from the connection string then I get an error message about trying to connect to sql server.  Could someone please give me a clue on how to go about solvin...

How to acces device in smart device application of .net
Hi all,   I am new to smart device application of .net. My work is to transfer mobile call to a pc or laptop when it is connected to given device(PC) and stop further call recieving on mobile by my appliction. my problem is I just started working on the SDA and I only know disabling it is possible using TAPI, but client requires that we should not use TAPI means any API.My problem is I don't know how to access the mobile device useing SDA(Smart Device Application). Is there any reference in C#.NET to access device. If I can access device then I can disable further call re...

DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework
Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? Thanks. Harshad No, not at this point. The DataWindow engine is still managed code and hasn't been tweaked for PocketPC. PocketBuilder, however, would let you take those same datawindow objects to that platform. On 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote: >Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net >Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? > >Thanks. >Harshad Sorry for harping on the same string. Since...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

How to use Ziputility for Smart Device Application in Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003 (in C# language)
Dear all, We are building a smart device application in Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003 in .Net Compact Framework where we have to browse a file from directory,select it,zip it & finally send  it to remote server.Now as far as our progress concerned we have done the browing & selecting portion of the solution.But we can't under how to use the zip-utility for smart device application using C# code. Can anyone give us any solution of it or any code or any link regarding to it which will be compatible for .Net Compact Framework as well as for smart device aplications. Plea...

How to use DataBase Access Application Block of Enterprise Library in .net applications
Hi to all,       I am New to Enterprise library. I am using the Enterprise library 4.0 ,Actually i am using the DataBase Access Application Block,Here i am giving the steps which i ahve followed.The problem is when i tried to run the application i am getting the error like "batabase not found in the connection string".   Steps i done are, I had added App.config file to the solution.i had edited App.config file through Enterprise library configuration. selected DataAccessApplication Block -> in the properties window i had changed the...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Connecting to database from .NET application
Hia, When connecting a .NET application to a db I understand that this can be achieved using a variety of means but I am a little 'blurred' as to these means: Q. I understand the difference between ODBC and OLE DB but when using .NET classes to access SQL Server which of these is .NET using ? Is it using ADO.NET which has underlying OLE DB access ? Q. I know how to create an ODBC connection in Admin Tools section of control panel but where would I add an OLE DB connection ? Q. Are there other data access methods other than ODBC and OLE DB used in modern day application integration with d...

Web resources about - how to connect Oracle Database in Smart Device Application using .Net Compact Framework - asp.net.mobile_devices

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...