File Transfer using FTP on Compact Framework

Dear all,

I am currently developing a Smart Device Application where I need to upload the files from the handheld device to a desktop server and I have to do this using FTP (File Transfer Protocol).

Can any one tell me is it possible to send file from handheld device to desktop server using FTP.

If any one  having any solution or any useful article or any useful link regarding it, then please send to my following email id : anirbandas_ju@hotmail.com

Thanking you

Anirban

0
anirbandas_ju
6/22/2006 7:06:21 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi

i too hav same issue, if u hav got any solution or ideas plz share with me

0
saamyy

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

Mulriple File Transfers using NET::FTP module...
Hello, Can someone out there help? I have written a small script below, to dowload files for an FTP server. I employed the NET::FTP module. Somehow I cannot find a command on NET::FTP that can allow mulriple file retieval using a wildcard or other. @rem = '--*-Perl-*-- @echo off if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT perl -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 goto endofperl :WinNT perl -x -S "%0" %* if NOT "%COMSPEC%" == "%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe" goto endofperl if %errorlevel% == 9009 echo You do not have Perl...

Rebex Secure FTP (FTP over TLS/SSL) for .NET Compact Framework released
Rebex Secure FTP now supports .NET Compact Framework   Rebex Secure FTP component has been extended to support .NET Compact Framework 1.0 and 2.0. Now you can secure your PocketPC/Windows CE file transfers using TLS/SSL. No more plaintext passwords sent over the internet. The Secure FTP for .NET Compact Framework includes .NET Compact Framework version of Rebex Secure Sockect library (TLS/SSL network socket client library) and Rebex Security (implementation of many security related .NET classes that are missing from some or all versions of .NET and .NET Compact Framewor...

Should I use regular or compact .net framework
I am developing an asp.net application that will mostly run on pocketpc 2002 and 2003. sometimes it might run on win9x/2000/xp. It will not be running on any other mobile devices (phones, etc...). I started playing with designing it under the compact framework, but found it to be a bit restrictive based on what's left out of the CF. Should I or can I develop in the regular framework and successfully run on the pocketpc? the application will be a sales order entry program using wifi, a barcode scanner and an odbc connection to a mysql database. thanks....

How to ftp a file
server: ftp.mysite.comusername: adminpassword: adminpath: /images/ I have the following code which saves the file to C: drive as test.tif. So, can i ftp the same file to the above site directly instead of saving it to harddrive. <code>I am actually doing the following: by using the same code logic can i ftp it or if there is another method can you please show me.Dim proc As ProcessStartInfo = New ProcessStartInfo proc.Arguments = "c:\test.tif -feederon -h -n -r 200 -multipagetiff -o"Process.Start(proc)</code> Thank you very much for the information....

how to use FTP to transfer file from client to server...
Hello sir, I want to upload a file from client to server using FTP.how to do this using asp.net?.anyone can help me?.It is very urgent.Plz help me.... Thanks in advance, Arun Kumar.KArunsmile You can not do it using clear ASP.NET. You have to use some kind of binary client for FTP. ASP.NET render to client DHTML only, nothing binary.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog...

How to call form using .net compact framework ?
Just wanna ask about general question. I develop thia app using .net framework and using win CE 4.0 emulator in development deploy. My prob is: I already created a menu screen(default form) using button for example: 1. Register 2. Audit 3. Exit How to a call form when I click register button. Thanks. Hi Its similar to how you do it windows form. Just double click ur menu it will take you to the code page of the menu click where u should create the form about of the form which u want to show and then call the show method. If ur form is Form2 then ur...

Getting the file creation time using Net::FTP
Hi to All, Currently, I'm doing a script using the Net::FTP module, this script will just get all the files created on a particular date. The problem right now (which I'm stuck) is that some files don't have creation date and time included in their filename so there's no way I can get those files by not specifying the creation time. Base on the man page for Net::FTP, mdtm() returns the modification time of the file but it did not return anything. Here's a snippet: $file = "sample_file"; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("hostname"); $ftp->logi...

How to send an Email with Attachments using .Net Compact Framework
Dear all, We are developing a pocket pc application using .Net Compact Framework where we have to send an e-mail with attachements. Can anyone give me any idea,code or dll on this topics.If any one get any related link,you can inform me. Looking for your reply soon. Regards Anirban Try this blog post:http://blog.opennetcf.org/ayakhnin/CategoryView.aspx?category=Send%20EmailDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Downloading of a file using ftp in webform of vbn.net
Dear members ! Greetings to all ! Here is my attempt: FtpClient ftp = new ftpClient(); ftp.Connect("ftp://203.197.64.8/temp1/"); ftp.Login("vij"); ftp.password("jiv"); FtpDirectoryListing listing = ftp.GetDirectoryListing(); foreach (FtpFile file in listing.Files) { ftp.GetFile(return.csv, "C:\\local\\" + file.Name); } I searched many sites & followed .I didn't get results.Pls help me with code if anybody knows with advance Thanks!!!! Vijay...

how to create pie chart using .net compact framework
Dear all, I am developing a .Net Compact Framework solution where I have to show a pie chart using C# code.If anyone already developed any solution on that or has any type of idea on that,then pls let me know.If anyone has any soucre-code C# & in any other language for drawing a pie chart,then please let me know. Waiting for your reply soon. Thanking you. anirban...

use VB.net to download file from FTP server
I want to write a VB problem that can download files from my ftp server. how do I do it? any free component to download? thank you. well, i cant suggest a free component.  However, the .Net framework has a number of classes for getting files from HTTP servers.  I don't know about a FTP site but this is what works for me. Dim wc As New System.Net.WebClientDim DLAddress As String = "http://YourSiteName.com/download/" + ProgramName + ".msi"Dim DLLocation As String = "c:\SomeDirectory\" + ProgramName + ".msi"Trywc.DownloadFile(DLAddress, DLLocation)MessageBox.Show("There is an ...

Is using FTP to transfer consol file HIPAA compliance
Does any body know if using FTP to transfer consol file is HIPAA compliance? ...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Web resources about - File Transfer using FTP on Compact Framework - asp.net.mobile_devices

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
(credit: Andree Stephan ) Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework for ...

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks & Donovan Wolfington announce tour together
photo: Frameworks at The Studio at Webster Hall in 2014 (more by Mimi Hong) Screamo rippers Frameworks are releasing their new Time Spent EP ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US
Read the rest of 130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US