Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?

I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms).

Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options :
- either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ;
- or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate version (like we do now).
Is there anything to take care with the second version ? I saw there was one additional dll in the bin directory, and a few additional lines in the web.config of a mobile web application. If I add them to my existing applications, will that give me the same thing, from the PPC user point of view, than if I used a mobile web application ?
Thanks a lot for any advice !
0
Sihriel
9/5/2003 2:52:18 PM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Adding the config entries to web.config should be fine.  Mobile doesn't require a separate dll in the bin directory.  Most likely the dll you are seeing comes from compiling the code behind for some files.

mattgi

web application & mobile web application
Hi all,I am new to mobile web application and I am assigned to do some changes to the existing .net application. The application is a .net web application, and the hand held scanner is used to access the web forms. Till now, I thought it is only possible to access the web forms if they were developed using mobile web forms. But these forms were not developed using mobile web forms instead they were developed using asp.net.Is it possible to develop the application using .net and access through the handhelds? If so, is there any considerations for that?Anyone please explain me. I would really ...

Difference B/W windows mobile application & web mobile application
Hi    i want differnce betwwen windows mobile application , web mobile  & smart device application . if anybody know about this post message to me.     From, Guru...

Upgrade web application from VS 2003 to VS 2005 with Mobile web form
Hi,We have web application developed in VS 2003, and also used extensively Mobile Web Forms. We used device specific rich rendering for Pocket IE using asp.net controls instead mobile controls.I installed VS 2005 professional addition, and then downlaod and installed web application project as explained in link http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/migration/migration.aspx.I am having two major problem after conversion.1. It converted and compiled the project successfully. But when I try opening any Mobile web form and go to design mode, I get an error. I did not convert the pages to use part...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Call one web application forms with in another web application ..
I am having forms named A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 in my web application1. And i am having B1,B2,B3,B4 and B5 in my web application2.I am using Windows authentication for my web application1. And i am using Form Authentication for my web application2.I am planning to host these 2 applications in 2 different servers.Here i am planning to have web application1 as a stand alone application.And Web application2 should interact with web application1.I want to call my web application1 forms in my web application2.But both authentication types are different.........???How to do it....??Any ideas ??Kamran Shahi...

web web web

Running a web application within my existing web application
 Hi. I have a site set up in .net 1.1 that runs fine. A requirement came through recently to incorporate some elements by way of a third party application. I have set up a virtual directory inside my main application which points to the folder that contains the third party application. This virtual directory is also set up to run as an application. The third party application allows me to create forms. I have created a page in my main application that uses 1 user control from the third party application to display a form. I am getting the following error when trying to run the page:Serv...

Mobile web application using web services---HELP
Hi all, I am interested in creating a website which will used by our field support people who can check in what, where and when are their pending/new appointments through their mobile device. The field support people should be able to close their pending tickets etc.  This application should be accessible through most of mobiles so I am not sure whether i should use .net mobile controls. Is it a feasible idea to create a html site and use webservices?? Also, is scripting (javascript etc) supported in most of mobiles?   Please suggest me how should i proceed. ...

Backcolor to mobile:link in mobile web form in mobile .net site
Hello every one  How to set back ground color to mobile: link in mobile web formI used backcolor property but doesn't work. Help me.Thank you.. ...

convert your web application into a mobile application
 Hi,    This is siva working as a Software Engineer in india . I need to develop a mobile web application.Simply use Web Runtime to convert my web application into a mobile application. And My application can become the killer mobile application that runs on millions of Nokia Mobile phones. So any can help me how to do that kind mobile application....Thanks in advance......  Hi I think u want to ask like this how to do mobile application integration with webapplication Just got to project==>add project=-->in that choose mobile device application U can do wh...

Mobile mainly to web services or web application & Confirmation
Hi ppl, Well i am developing a web service sort of like a job employment portal...and i wanted to know how u can impart technologies like mobile and stuff..For example signing up the web site thru mobile and hence allowing browsing and all that and then my second question would be See like suppose a user registers onto the website in order for him to complete the registration process i need him to open his email account and click a link which will hence complete the registration process....So ppl i need ur help to sort out this problem..... Thank u U can mail me @ jacobneroth@g...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

.net mobile web application
 Hi...I wanted to do a project in mobile .net application. I have installed visual web developer 2008 Express but couldn't find mobile forms.So should I have to have Visual Studio . Net Inorder to have mobile application?Does anyother version of web developer has mobile support application?please help me out    In VS 2005 Mobile web application templates exists. But in VS 2008 they removed it...please go through the link below for further clarifications.. download and add the templates....better you can go for Visual Studio...  http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/arch...

Web resources about - Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ? - asp.net.mobile_devices

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Apple Patent Application Hints at Waterproof iPhone
The patent application describes special rubber ports over headphone and other openings to protect them from water coming in.

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...