Difference B/W windows mobile application & web mobile application

Hi

   i want differnce betwwen windows mobile application , web mobile  & smart device application . if anybody know about this post message to me.

From,

Guru

0
guru_418
1/23/2007 10:02:31 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

web application & mobile web application
Hi all,I am new to mobile web application and I am assigned to do some changes to the existing .net application. The application is a .net web application, and the hand held scanner is used to access the web forms. Till now, I thought it is only possible to access the web forms if they were developed using mobile web forms. But these forms were not developed using mobile web forms instead they were developed using asp.net.Is it possible to develop the application using .net and access through the handhelds? If so, is there any considerations for that?Anyone please explain me. I would really ...

Mobile web applications for Windows mobile 5.0
Hi,I am developing a mobile web application supporting different operating systems (windows mobile and symbian) using Visual studio .NET 2003.I want to support the new Windows Mobile 5.0. Can i still use visual Studio. NET 2003?Microsoft lists that Visual studio .NET 2005 is the single tool to develop applications for windows mobile 5.0? i guess, it is windows applications.link:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppcgen/html/devtoolsmobileapps.aspAny ideas will be highly appreciated.ThanksNewbie :)...

Depolying mobile web application in Window Mobile Device 6.1
hi I have Window Vista Operating System. I am using Asp.net 2005. I implemented asp.net mobile web applicatioin Now I want to test my Blackberry Perl mobile how i can check with Window Mobile Device 6.1 ? Hi, I'm not sure what's your question is but, you can test both mobile devices using there SDKs that contain device emulation debuging + stand alone device emulation. Using them you can test the look & feel of your site on both PDA's.   Good luck. Thanks for your replyactually I want to do like thisI implement asp.net mobile web application, now i want to ...

convert your web application into a mobile application
 Hi,    This is siva working as a Software Engineer in india . I need to develop a mobile web application.Simply use Web Runtime to convert my web application into a mobile application. And My application can become the killer mobile application that runs on millions of Nokia Mobile phones. So any can help me how to do that kind mobile application....Thanks in advance......  Hi I think u want to ask like this how to do mobile application integration with webapplication Just got to project==>add project=-->in that choose mobile device application U can do wh...

Communicating with windows application & web application
 Hi all,This problem is related Remoting.I have 2 severs, on one server i have Windows application & on another server i have web application.Now i want to raise Windows application's event from Web Application. that means communication between windows application & web application bidirectionally. My Windows application is in Visual Studio 2005 & Web Application is in ASp.net 1.1.Can i do it with the help of web service?if No then also, i am requesting you to guide me. Thanking You. ...

diffrences between Smartdevice Application and Mobile Web Application
Hi, i new to this mobile application programming can any one differentiate the smart applicationand mobile web application and also is there any diffrence of database (sql server 2000) connction proceudre in asp.net web pages and mobile web pages ? thank u...

Difference in execution between windows application and web application
How the execution differs from windows application to web application?Ashok kumar Rather than getting us to do your homework, perhaps you can tell us how you think the two types of applications differ in their execution. We can then tell you whether you're warm.Alister...

.net mobile web application
 Hi...I wanted to do a project in mobile .net application. I have installed visual web developer 2008 Express but couldn't find mobile forms.So should I have to have Visual Studio . Net Inorder to have mobile application?Does anyother version of web developer has mobile support application?please help me out    In VS 2005 Mobile web application templates exists. But in VS 2008 they removed it...please go through the link below for further clarifications.. download and add the templates....better you can go for Visual Studio...  http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/arch...

Mobile mainly to web services or web application & Confirmation
Hi ppl, Well i am developing a web service sort of like a job employment portal...and i wanted to know how u can impart technologies like mobile and stuff..For example signing up the web site thru mobile and hence allowing browsing and all that and then my second question would be See like suppose a user registers onto the website in order for him to complete the registration process i need him to open his email account and click a link which will hence complete the registration process....So ppl i need ur help to sort out this problem..... Thank u U can mail me @ jacobneroth@g...

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

how to tell the project type in .NET? Difference between web application & web site?
Hi, I wonder how can I tell the .NET project type if I got the solution code. Is there any configuration for the project type like: ASP.NET web application, ASP.NET web service application, windows application etc. And is the web site actually a web application project in .NET? Just not clear about the basic concept.   thanks, Hi, in ASP.NET 1.x (visual studio 2002 - 2003) they were real projects but that changed with the initial release of Visual studio 2005 when the concept of website came up. After a while, and quite a lot of asking, Microsoft released the web application pr...

single authentication for Windows application & Web Application
Is it possible to share user authentication between Windows Application & Web Application?If yes, how?I want to show an ASP.Net Web Page to a user who is authenticated in Window Application or viceversa.Thank you. Never Say Die Hi sandeepmgupta, I want to show an ASP.Net Web Page to a user who is authenticated in Window Application or viceversa. I don't think it can be done directly since Web Application uses cookie to implement authentication while Windows Application not. There're two different authentication mechanisms. But if the Web Application supports, maybe you ...

Web resources about - Difference B/W windows mobile application & web mobile application - asp.net.mobile_devices

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...

ARM Math Libraries to Speed HPC Applications
At the SC 15 show, the company will demonstrate the libraries that will improve the performance of applications running on 64-bit ARM systems. ...